Other urls found in this thread:

shopuk.matadorrecords.com/products/car-seat-headrest-twin-fantasy
matadorrecords.com/flowchart/
carseatheadrest.bandcamp.com/album/twin-fantasy-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pass

nice

fucken smash

Will he be adding the original version of the album back to spotify with the release of this remake?

very excited for this
twin fantasy is already a great album. with some live drums and better production could make it something very special

Not sure, the original twin fantasy is unfinished as will said, that could be the reason why they aren't available on streaming services and only available on bandcamp.

I feel the same way, I'm really pumped for how the better production can improve the songs. I love the original twin fantasy and the songs he's released from the remake have been promising.

am i meant to watch this in vr?

Will is such a fucking nerd in this lmao.

Will has always been a nerd

there are aspects of the beach life in death rerecording i love but it lacks that bit at the end of the original where his voice is glitching (idk what the technical term for it is)

This is pretty good. Kind sad that he removed the spoken word part though.
He looks like fucking Rebecca Sugar.

yes, also original on vinyl on record store day

thanks will

This is great! Very excited for this

I really didn't like it tbqh. It felt way way too early 2000s pop rock. I know this is the single version so the album version will be different but I'm not feeling it at all.

the bandcamp version is 5 minutes long and also have a monologue, but not the same from the original

so good

i have the same feeling as i did with the new blid,
original is way better but this new version is cool, im kinda pissed the original version of twin fantasy on vinyl is a record store day exclusive though

that's my favorite song and it sounds worse now
that steady rhythm with fast hi-hats was the best he's ever done and now it's gone
I'm sad

Oh wow didn't check bandcamp the new version's dialogue is interesting idk how I feel about it, it kinda drags on, the galvanistic one was better

>not having the original version downloaded

This. It felt a little eeeehhhh... it's okay. Just okay.

I can't believe there's going to be a 2xlp with the old and new. Will finally did it. Started recording in his car and now has a big time record deal and can rerecord some of his best work. I hope the last 2 tracks work as well as they do. Wasn't that big a fan of Teens of style, which was largely rerecorded monomania (the monomania version of los borrachos is leagues ahead IMO) but hopefully this works better

>His favorite song on the album is the worst by far
kek

Why not, I turned it on immediately after the video.

> tfw goty meta monologue in the outro

It just makes me very unique and special yknow.
Why is it the worst though?

Hey Shill Toledo, nice thread!
How'd you manage 18 different IPs?

>Got rid of the shitty spoken word
>Got rid of the shitty voice samples on the end of Beach Life-In-Death
He is stripping away everything that held Twin Fantasy back from being a 10, I can't fucking wait

>Very basic intro
>Lazy and clunky verse
Chorus is alright
>That spoken word at the end
High To Death also sucks but this one's a little worse imo

>stripping away everything that held Twin Fantasy back from being a 10
>held
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS????\

this user is awful

I don't know, to me it's the most ideal song from all his albums (killer whales and times to die being really close).

rude :c

Nice meme

If you did why did you say that the original was gone?

my fav furry is finally back

hey guys it's will ama

i loved the original twin fantasy. i don't love what i'm hearing here. the spoken word part is cringe yes but i love the little bassline breakdown part. as a gay teenager it was very touching to me

Is it the old and new together? I just bought the bundle with the t shirt

I didn't like this at all...Blid was pretty decent...this just seems off.

Yup, old and new on feb 16th and the 2011 version will be released on vinyl standalone on record store day

Thanks Will

Are you really a furry?

hey don't diss it till you try it
t. will

why? his shit felt emotionally honest as a teen in that time period. now it just feels cringy to have a 20 year old singing about high school feelings in a major label big budget studio

the lo-fi recording is what made this shit good how do you people not understand this

Really liked the beach life in death re-recording.
This is pretty meh, original has so much more bite. This just sounded really washed out and bland, he made a mistake in making the riffs less priminent imo.

it wasnt good but at least it felt honest and there was something sweet about it. i could think about what its like to be a sad white guy.

all i can think about when i hear this extreme polished major label "idnie" sound is the evils of capitalism. the destruction of out planet. the working class being slaves to a ruling class. corporations rule. idk

so bland.

agreed...the riffs is what made the original so good.

worse

Who would honestly click this link

This is so much worse. Everything about the original is gone. All the character it had; gone. the music video isn't much better, some byrne-like ripoff.

Most importantly: Where the fuck did the galvanism go?

He's merely saying it's no longer canon, user.

hey anyone from the UK, where tf are we supposed to buy this record, matador doesn't ship to us

Why would you buy this but also no idea

nvm i found a link anyways, also its one of my favourite albums ever, gonna be getting both versions

>now it's gone
are you retarded?

what link my friend, I too would like this

i did

why is he parodying david sylvian

Honestly I like it a lot less than the new BLID. The melody of the main riff sounds so downplayed, and that's what made the original great for me. Plus, the new monologue at the end really doesn't do anything for me.

here u go brotha shopuk.matadorrecords.com/products/car-seat-headrest-twin-fantasy

Thank you.
So does that not include the original recording vinyl?
I thought someone mentioned it would include both

Yes
matadorrecords.com/flowchart/

They’re reissuing the original album too later in the year

i fucking despite him and his voice and his music and i have no clue why. i can't put it into words

why is he singing like that? does he talk like a retard in real life?

thats happening on record store day

Lies. 2xLP of just the new version is up for preorder with the shirt. 2011 version is a separate 2xLP for RSD

Holy fuck this is nowhere near as enjoyable as the original. I thought the redux of beach life in death was pretty good and nearly as good as the original, but just a little short. WTF is he doing here? I hope to god he doesn't try to radically change Bodies as well, that's my fav track on the album and I'll actually be pissed if he fucks it up like he did Nervous Young Inhumans.

Will is like if vocal fry was a person

Bodys has to be good!

>I used the term "galvanistic" to allude to that book as a sort of symbol of how I, like, created you as a character, by pretending that I know a lot more about you than I actually do, and also to refer to the fact that I've fall—fallen in love with the characters you've created in, uh, your body of work. This is the part of the song where I start to regret writing it...

That was one of the best moments in the whole album and HE TOOK IT OFF!

I dig it kind of, but will made a bunch of changes to the vocal melody and all of them just made the song worse.

I think this is just a single version and that monologue is going to make it onto the album

Galvanistic wasn't even in the hook though, why would there even be that monologue?

This is probably a dramatic comparison, but this whole thing reminds of George Lucas and the specialization of the original trilogy. It outs the creator of material that you really like as someone who seemingly doesn't even understand the appeal of the material at all. The low-fi, for me at least, was huge reason that i liked Twin Fantasy, Him changing the album into this kind of generic alternative rock album is like a vanity project to prove to mainstream audiences how great of a songwriter he is. I had the same problem with Teens of Style. None of the songs on that album were improved at all in my opinion.

I find myself really losing respect for Will the more I see interviews with him. I always had this idea after listening to his albums that he was just a shy, insecure, young guy that was a little confused about himself. It seems now that he's just a ego driven douche desperate to prove he's some amazing pop song writer. Even Teens of Denial shows not understanding the appeal of his material. It's an album full of generic alternative rock songs with nothing interesting musically or lyrically.

It's not on the album version either. It's a completely different monologue.

carseatheadrest.bandcamp.com/album/twin-fantasy-2

in case anyone is unaware/interested, 2011 TF is getting a vinyl pressing. april 21 record store day 2018 exclusive release

really hope its not super limited

Soyboy essential

Total fucking trash

I've avoided this dude's music because it seemed like something I'd hate in the first place but I also remember reading about him dissing Carrie & Lowell as a disingenuous attempt at making listeners cry or something to that effect.

Good to see I wasn't missing anything

it's getting a mass release after...so dont worry.

lmao
then why but it on RSD?

>soyboys will buy anything

I think the LP is limited to RSD only from all the wording I've read.