So why the fuck does Vader live in a mansion on a lava planet?

So why the fuck does Vader live in a mansion on a lava planet?

It is a volcanic planet, he will be safe there

Because that's what evil bad guys do. These movies are literally designed for children user.

I cannot wrap my head around this. How the fuck can you even build on top of lava?

It was so weird how they flashed a title card EVERY SINGLE TIME they changed locales in the first half of the movie but then Krennic just travels to this planet and it's never said where they're supposed to be

Maybe the land was really cheap.

lava melts sand

I seriously cannot grasp this, It's so fucking stupid I'd expect Lucas to have come up with it, but I love it.

>Vader got the rare Mustafarian Mansion while you got stuck with the common Mustafar Bunker structure deed on your account

I always laugh when Grievous says that. Holy fuck Lucas can't write for shit.

>lose your remaining limbs on lava planet
>build you sanctuary on another lava planet
it's like pottery

Lucas did come up with it. The castle was supposed to be in Episode V.

It's the same planet.

best answer

Lucas did come up with it. Its an old concept and its been in the EU before. The art book actually says Sheev decided he'd live there.

What an asshole.

Because he hates sand (where he grew up and had a pretty great life for a slave) but loves lava (the thing nearly destroyed him).

savage sith bants

Did they really put this in the movie?

>Sheev decided he'd live there.
Sheev confirmed for colossal cunt then.

you think vader would be triggerd by lava because ya know.. that's how he got fucking rekt.

Why didn't they just stick to the plan? Vader already had a cool Fortress of Solitude on a different planet, it makes no sense why he would set up shop where he got his ass kicked

It's the planet where Vader was born
Sheev was just having a little laugh with Vader is all

Yes, that's a screen grab

>Luke did I ever tell you about the time the Emperor, whose real name is Sheev, forced your father to live on a lava planet after he was fried to a crisp like a piece of bacon when he got to close to a river of lava on a different lava planet. He had a strange sense of humor, and was not a very good friend.

Vader would be a pussy if he lived anywhere else but there or the Jedi Temple.

he built the castle really tall
so he would have the high ground

He lives where he was "born" and where Anakin "died"

>on another planet
RLM-faggots are confirmed false Star Wars fans.

It's the same fucking planet.

that's some kino right there. george should take note.

Then why didn't the movie say Mustafar?

>Its either there or the sand planet, Lord Vader tick tock faggot

would've been too obvious
by not saying it there's a bit of a surprise when Vader shows up in that scene

Because the scene was meant to be suspenseful and foreboding and if you saw that big tower thing and it said 'Mustafar' you'd know exactly what was going to happen.

>spoonfeed me
Because once in a while Disney tried to create kino.

The Emperor wanted to troll him even more by forcing him to live on the planet where Obi-wan fucked him up.

I mean his arrogance literally fucked up the Emperor's plans to have a worth successor that could carry on the Sith tradition and maintain the empire he worked so hard to build, I'd do the same thing in his shoes with such an incompetent employee.

That shit tipped me off that it's supposed to be Mustafar. It's like, why did Yavin 4 get a title card when we know what it is but not for this conspicuous lava planet?

Holy fuck

I haven't seen it

I always liked to imagine Vader living in a quaint Victorian

What a fucking mess of a movie though, it's not bad but just makes me feel bitter. This is probably the only scene that I enjoyed other than the vader part of the ending.

it looks like someone photoshopped an old house on a stock photo of lava.

>Vader spends most of his time revolving in a tube
>Vader is constantly spinning
KINO

>tells him to become evil to gain the power to save his waifu
>waifu dies anyway
>makes him live in the planet where his BFF cut his limbs and left him to burn to death

How the fuck did it take so long for Vader to throw Sheev down a reactor shaft?

Its a shup

>a rare SWG joke that no one laughed at
F

I enjoyed the whole space battle a lot but the character development and writing were really bad.

But it is a lava planet, which we all knew what happened at one point (even well before the prequels were made) so it wouldn't have mattered and been a surprise anyways.

it's obviously Mustafar you fucking manchild

All of the titlecards were shown on planets we haven't seen in the series yet except yavin 4

> "My master, I need a fortress from which to enforce your will."
> "Yesss. Oh, I just had a wicked thought: Build a spooky castle in the place where you got all your limbs cut off and you accidentally murdered your wife."
> "M-master?"
> "Do it. It will be so fucking funny. I can just make you do that, you know. I have absolute power. Do you know what the Senate does now? My laundry."
> "Master, I have no wish to --"
> "Do you want to know the most fucked up part of it? They still hold elections. Free, fair and open. Universal suffrage. And all they get to do is wash the bathrobes I've been wearing for the last two decades. Every Senator has handled my shit rags."
> "Master, perhaps a dwelling on Coruscant could suffice."
> "That could work as well, but I've already decided you're going to live on the planet where you got turned into an angry bacon man. I am so drunk on power. I just hired an entire staff with faces that look like cold scrotums to remind you of me."

You really need to simmer down you manchild.

Yavin IV got a title card the first time we saw it.

The Palace was built on top of an old Sith temple. Palpatine wanted Vader to live on an inhospitable planet that was strong in the dark side. It is most likely why he sent the separatists there in the first place. It would be easier for Vader to fall even deeper to the darkside on Mustafar. Which is why he seems like a completely different person during the scenes on mustafar.

>Which is why he seems like a completely different person during the scenes on mustafar.
Actually, that's because he had an actually talented person giving him direction in those scenes, unlike the rest of the movie.

We're talking in universe here.

Its also where he thinks he killed padame

Maybe Vader choose to live there?
Its where he was born. Its his home planet.
You know he loves lava a lot more than sand.

It's Mustafar, OP. Palpatine built a castle there and put him in it as a test. It's where Vader is born.

Yeah right

>Don't choke on your ambition Director!
>*anime turn*

BASED SHEEV

>"Do you want to know the most fucked up part of it? They still hold elections. Free, fair and open. Universal suffrage. And all they get to do is wash the bathrobes I've been wearing for the last two decades. Every Senator has handled my shit rags."

Does Sheev still forbid senators from marrying?

>you'll be safe there
>falls into lava

kek

Now I don't know whether this is actually true, but I've also heard that Sheev deliberately made Vader's suits and limbs as uncomfortable and annoying as possible to put him more in line with the dark side while also keeping him in a state that was weakened enough to never usurp him. Like his limbs were deliberately clunky and his chestpiece would make noise and shit to keep him from getting a moment of peace.

I want to believe it's true and Sheev is this much of an asshole.

He wants to study the secrets of the high ground

It didn't really share any geographical similarities with Mustafar.. besides the lava

the dark energy makes him stronger

It's fucking Sullust. I have no idea why they didn't put the title card there because now every retard thinks is Mustafar

>It's fucking Sullust
what color was the lava

It's Mustafar, they confirmed it on twitter

I'm sorry Disney has needlessly caused this confusion.

Do you think that Vader couldn't have been a good successor?

I think he is powerful enough.

>le redlettet fag because he doesn't like the movies I like
Guess this board is filled with children

Is this a screenshot from the new HitB?

He meant he will be safe from intruders trying to kill Vader

>I have no idea why they didn't put the title card there because now every retard thinks is Mustafar
I think Disney are testing us by "slowly" putting prequel content in without 100% making the prequels actually canon

>Organa
>Volcano planet is shown and a few moments later we see Vader in a tube without his suit - reminding us of him in Revenge of the Sith at end
The Hammerhead in KOTOR was also shown in the movie.

And Disney has released a Darth Revan toy amongst the Black Series toys of Rogue One so it looks like slowly Disney is making things canon but not straight away.

They are just testing our reactions I think.

They talk about that in the RLM video, but it all sounds like a bunch of EU horseshit to me.

Damn I thought it was Taspir desu

The presence of Jimmy Smits Bail Organa alone renders the prequels canon. Not to mention the fact that they're numbered entries in the series.

The Prequels have been fucking canon sense day 1. They did a scorched earth of everything that isn't the Saga and The Clone Wars. Let's not pretend the prequels are only canon under a technicality.

sheev hated treason

Which book is this?

>It's Mustafar, OP. Palpatine built a castle there and put him in it as a test. It's where Vader is born.
wow I had no idea. This is even more reason to make the Darth Plageuis/Young Palpatine movie that I have been asking for considering if this is the birth plane of Anakin (as we know Anakin was created by Plageuis) then it makes entire sense why Anakin decides to remain there.

>Mustafar represents his 2 births: becoming Anakin and becoming Vader

He certainly the high ground now

>sheev kills plagueis on mustafar and dumps his body in the lava, using his ashes and dead midochlorians he creates Anakin

Pottery

Since Disney likes poetry, I see no reason why they cannot show this scene in some flashback moment in Episode 8 or something.

>The Hammerhead in KOTOR was also shown in the movie.
That was the hammerhead from SW Rebels

>>Vader got the rare Mustafarian Mansion while you got stuck with the common Mustafar Bunker structure deed on your account
RIP SWG

>tfw no team that will fix the combat and the WoW-like bullshit on the leaked SWG NGE code, and combine it with the SWGEmu pre-CU code somehow retaining all the NGE additions

>tfw the leaked NGE code is before all the crazy awesome additions they made in the past few months of the game such as atmospheric flight

It's been confirmed by pablo to be mustafar.

Sullustians are literally fish people.

stop fucking lying.

Pic related is a sullustan

coz anakins a edgy faglord

Is this actually in the movie? Holy shit it looks like crap. I haven't seen cgi that bad in a long time

I think they outright stopped using the title with this planet. I don't recall a title card with scarrif either.

>>the exact moment when they stop using title card for planet is when the movie start getting good.

The only reason they used it in the beginning is because it would be as confusing as fuck without it.

>get the most cunning idea
>ill make my most powerful servant live in the same place he got forcefully amputated by his good friend

>UNLIMITED POWAHHH

even with the title card it's still jarring. Sounds like they were putting on a bandaid solution.

Yeah it definitely reeks of studio meddling.

stupid fan fiction tier plot that's why.

Here's what I think about vader living in a castle on a lava planet (something out oa book for children) and palpatine making him live there on purpose: stupid fucking shit by that giant retard lucas, who had nothing to do with the first movies actually being good

topkek

Anyone have sauce of Vader's castle from the movie? Curious to see what dis shiz looks like.