So Ergo Proxy was a pretty cool show, right?

So Ergo Proxy was a pretty cool show, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPLEbAVjiLA
youtube.com/watch?v=znx2BwdFLcg&index=17&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7
youtube.com/watch?v=gMobOPSmZjc&index=3&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7
youtube.com/watch?v=0b3mtocWp2A&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7&index=6
youtube.com/watch?v=EJEZaSp6Yt4&index=11&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7
youtube.com/watch?v=uRSfk_wqu0s&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7&index=13
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DUDE Raison d’Être LMAO

I hope when the humans land, Vincent just tears them apart and he can live peacefully with his 2 robot slaves and hot goth girlfriend.

Watched 8 episodes then stopped. Plot was dragging on and on, and philosophical references felt shoehorned in. Why do ppl like this show?

The first couple of episodes show some promise then it goes completely off the rails. Then you get a neat episode about the little girl and some cartoon-world, and it all wraps up in a rushed wtf ending. That's all I remember about the show.

Why aren't cool anime like this made anymore?

This is the first and the last anime I tried to watch. Got bored after the 2nd episode.

>The first couple of episodes show some promise then it goes completely off the rails
Anime in a nutshell. 2 good episodes, 10 filler episodes and 1 wacky out of nowhere finale that has nothing to do with anything that came before it.

It's so funny I also tried to watch this, I think I got like 6 eps in and gave up. I can't really get into anime at all and I swear I've tried a couple of times now.

Guy bird during the first. Hate anime or shows in general that have literally no substance and start off trying to be deep and philosophical.

It's actually extremely kino. Story is a tad pretentious and very confusing. Most of the episodes I didn't like I ended up enjoying my second time around.

>edgy waifu fanservice

special snowflake syndrome

Ergo Proxy is the FFXIII of anime.

First half was kind of interesting.. then it went for the typical wannabe philosopher anibongo ending. Which is always shit.

There are only a few good animes. Serial Experiment Lain, Ghost in the Shell, a few of Miyazaki's movies, and that's probably about it. 99.999% of anime is moe garbage. Translator's note: moe is japanese for shitty anime.

You're trying the wrong animes. Don't listen to any faggots trying to shill the typical entry level shit like Evangelion, Berserker, SEL, GitS. They don't know shit about anime. And don't even think of trying moe garbage - it takes an expert the recognize the few good ones since so many of them are shit.

oops

>no Cowboy Bebop
That's the only anime worth watching

>hates GitS
>likes anime
pleb detected. Anime is shit.
Cowboy Bebop sucks balls. People only like it for the soundtrack because it has American music. Everything else is terrible.

>Cowboy Bebop sucks balls
>Ghost in the Shell is good
Sweety please

Anime fans are the worst. Literally no taste. Go watch your slice of life and moe shit.

I didn't say GitS is bad, it's entry level and it's a bad recommendation. Everyone won't enjoy it. Only dumb plebs recommend it to anime newshits.

Also I hate anime as a whole and the world would be better without it. It doesn't mean there aren't genuinely enjoyable anime shows. Hating all anime for just one reason - because some weebs like it (like you hate it) makes you a fucking retarded parroting pleb. You don't understand it at all and why it's actually awful in general.

Are we talking about the GiTS movie, the 2nd movie, Stand Alone Complex, Arise? GiTS has a lot of installments, from Shirow's lesbian cybersex orgies to Oshii's ramblings about dolls and shit.

Not really, I couldn't stand the protagonist and how he never develops beyond 'helpless retard who literally lives with his eyes closed' until the very end.

Love the stale wind episode, one of my most favorite things ever. Also i remember liking most of it except for the talkshow episode that started as a library episode I think? i just don't enjoy nipon talk shows in general and their vibe. Aside from that didn't have any grip with philosophy and liked the characters so it is up there for me

spike dies btw

I think the most interesting people (the commune leader, the qt diver) died too early.

He literally opens his eyes at the end of the third episode, though it does take a couple of dream sequences for him to accept what he is.
I mean, if you discovered you were some kind of deity you'd probably be in denial for some time too.
The library and the talkshow are two separate episodes. The former's one of those "uncovering your true nature" dream sequences, the talkshow's just a big exposition dump, though handled in a more interesting manner than most.

Cowboy Bebop is neither slice of life nor is it a moe. I realize you're a cunt with boring taste but can you be a cunt with boring taste in another thread, since you hate anime so much.

>(You)
You truly earned it user

I literally didn't get that vincent and proxy were the same guys until it was the last 2-3 episodes. The thought never even came to my mind. I think if superman lived in our world, I wouldn't be able to realize clark was sups.

Spoilers, man.
I mean, you could argue that they are more split personalities than actually the same person.

Dunno yet.

It is on my list after Monster.

>That episode where they get stranded and the chicken starts to get cabin fever.
>That scene where he thinks she's checking him out while he grooms himself but turns out she's obsessing over a long strand of hair that's been growing out of his chin
>she finally snaps and goes into to kiss him but instead rips the hair out
This show was interesting

That whole episode was great

yeah the anime was an absolute trainwreck
Ive managed to watch it till the end, there are some really cool moments but it generally feels like "ninth graders first attempt at philosophy"

The episode where her robot gets infected and tries to kill her for being such a selfish spoiled cunt was my favorite. The part when he's dying and keeps going back and forth between cursing her out in his insane personality and then apologizing in his normal personality is so fucking good.

Monster was pure Kino
Was good, Texhnolyze was way better though.

COME AND SAVE MEEEEEEEE

It's a decent 7/10

It's not that great. It only gets watched for its animation

youtube.com/watch?v=sPLEbAVjiLA

Funny enough the title of the song matches the theme very well but the song itself doesn't really fit. I love radiohead so I don't mind but it always seems out of place.

The best part about this show was that it introduced me to Radiohead.

The setting and characters were genuinely unique and unlike anything I saw before.

It makes me wonder if it ripped off its ideas from some novel I've never heard of.

Fuck it

Post anime with kino visual direction

I've only heard good things about this show, but I saw a couple episodes out of order on the Funimation channel a while back and it didn't hook me in

youtube.com/watch?v=znx2BwdFLcg&index=17&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7

The dome city and overarching plot are reminiscent of Arthur C Clarke's The City and the Stars.

youtube.com/watch?v=gMobOPSmZjc&index=3&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7

It's a great show, the only complaints anyone will ever hear about it is that it's either pretentious or 2deep4them, which isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.

youtube.com/watch?v=0b3mtocWp2A&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7&index=6

youtube.com/watch?v=EJEZaSp6Yt4&index=11&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7

youtube.com/watch?v=uRSfk_wqu0s&list=PLC8E70485AAE8D5B7&index=13

I wish we discussed anime on Sup Forums more

ergo vis a vis haha

First few episodes were promising, then they left the hobo village

Most of the other espisodes were shit aside from cabin fever, infected brobot and Pio in Disneyland.
These

While those three were good the episodes that weren't them were painful
>That gameshow episode that is vital to understanding the plot despite it never being explained how they got there or why there's a game show or ANYTHING
>That episode where you find out whathisface is just some vampire werewolf thing and meets a flamboyant Vlad

It had a really interesting concept initially, exploring how a string of seemingly random attacks connected several people together and brought them to examine their lives and choices.

Then they turned it into another "mind-bending" Evangelion ripoff. Easily the most disappointment I've ever been in an anime. They had a good thing going and then wasted it for some trippy visuals and fake depth.