Rogue 1/10

More like Rogue One out of ten haha

Holy fuck this movie sucks ass.

You are literally a retarded drone if you like this shit. Characters have no arc, no develement, no chemistry. Action has no reason or story behind it, coupled with horribly written characters you can't remember the names of even the battles are nicely made but boring because they have no stakes or tension or anything at all. Blowing up the death star in the first movie was built up all the way through the movie just like the plinkett reviews said (me referencing anothers argument or words does not lessen my argument or make it any less accurate or logical) they had to destroy it or have the rebel planet destroyed. here people just fight because well i dont fucking know because the producers need to made kids go "oh cool kung fu man did kung fu". Characters dont even really talk they just bark cliche shit at each other
"there can be only one"
"but the one is supported by the all"
"but what is all if not with the one"
etc the most meaningless cringeworthy trope ass shit replacing actual conversations.

Never mind the fact the movie has no purpose of its own, supporting the real story that is Star Wars. Movie producers and the populace make the mistake of thinking people want huge stories rather than smaller ones. Smaller, contained stories like in Dredd (201?) are fine, but when its some small shit that is only a part of a larger existing story doesnt hold up on its own.

cont.

The robot and other jokes were obviously added in because test screenings were like "its too grim and overly serious" but falls completely flat

The Tarkin and Leia CGI along with their and vaders performances were like pissing in Star Wars fans' mouth by how bad they were. They tried so eye-rollingly hard with vader in particular, having him copy that finger pointing gesture and then "whoa so cool badass" scene at the end where it connects to the beginning of 4 because they think were too fucking stupid or they just wanted an excuse to shove that shit in, much like the c3po and r2d2 appearance which has no fucking point.

TFA was full of stupid pandering and "remember this thing?" but its fucking natural and smooth as hell, and that overall film is a masterpiece compared to this shitty garbage.

If you liked this and arent some shill paid to lie and viral market, then you are genuinely a stupid person who will eat up anything and the plague on society.

ps im drunk so im not afraid to say openly im 100x smarter than all you teenage fucks

How fucking convenient the autistic neckbeards avoid solid argumentation so they can continue being tasteless shitlord faggots

When you were a teenager did you think you would be getting drunk in your 20s/30s and shitposting on Sup Forums to provoke fights with people much younger than you?

I trust your opinion op

>OP is so shit he copy/pastad this from a thread yesterday.
The bloke cant even write his own posts.

>Heroine dad dies
>YOU LIED TO ME. I WONT FORGIVE U
>FUCK THE REBELLION

>GUYS WE NEED TO GO DESTROY THE DEATHSTAR. I AM WITH THE REBELLION

Fuck that shit.

That wasn't how the movie went at all.

>Heroine's parents were killed/abducted by the Empire, after which her father worked for the Empire saying "Everything I do is to protect you"
>Heroine then fell in with a radical Rebel group, who also abandoned her to protect her when she was 16
>Became a self-interested criminal with no connections to other people, no cause or motivation beyond the moment
>Being exposed to the new massive scale of the Empire's destruction and the death of her own father and foster father in the war makes it personal
>She realises the juvenile attitude of avoiding conflict and responsibility and relying on other people to take care of things can't continue
>She personally takes on the mantle of her father while in a way disregarding his words - she's not a little girl needing to be protected anymore - and sells her life to protect a galaxy full of strangers

I understand so little of the criticism of Rogue One. It's like I watched a different film, e.g. the furor beforehand about muh SJWs - I mean I actually think this film has more of a diverse/feminist message than TFA but it's much more capably handled and both the people who you would expect that message to appeal to and the people you would expect to be outraged by it seem to be missing it.

It's weird.

Another one who hasnt seen it

I mean you're right. The movie was fucking terrible. It was boring as all hell and I don't give a fuck about any of these characters and I honestly can't see how anyone else would. They're bland as fuck. There's no other way to put it. The film is just utterly uninteresting. However it didn't piss me off as much as TFA did even though in some aspects its definitely worse. I liked the Vader scenes and at this point I just want to be entertained.

It wasn't? So, she didn't scream at the sniper in the pod before trying to argue for full out raid on the planet to recover the death star plans?

WEW

I would not have lost 2 hours of my life then...

>Being exposed to the new massive scale of the Empire's destruction and the death of her own father and foster father in the war makes it personal
>She realises the juvenile attitude of avoiding conflict and responsibility and relying on other people to take care of things can't continue

Except that this did not happen. We go from

>>Be exposed to the new massive scale of the Empire's destruction and the death of her own father and foster father in the war
to
>>She personally takes on the mantle of her father while in a way disregarding his words - she's not a little girl needing to be protected anymore - and sells her life to protect a galaxy full of strangers

HAHAHAHA.

You realise this is actual an argument against character change? You're saying characters should instantly make up their mind after personal trauma, like a binary switch? Characters should be basically be one thing until they are entirely another?

Honestly, are Americans just really fucking stupid? I can't imagine anyone with the character complaints about Rogue One watching some arty euro/foreign movie which actually does leave things unsaid or has a bit of subtlety.

Was the crashingly unsubtle The Force Awakens with its child-adult characters actually just necessary for Americans to understand anything?

B-but that's actually what happened. She wet from being fed up with the rebellion and its lies to outright calling for all-out assault. Clear binary switch.

The bit you're complaining about - her shouting at Cassian - is in the immediate aftermath of her father's death. It's also not the case that she's detached from the Rebellion at that point: she's already decided to help him and wants to go to her father both to see him and so he can verify the information she got from her foster father. And I mean, she just saw a hologram of her father and actually SAW him for the first time since she was an actual child.

So she's angry at the realisation Cassian always intended to kill her father, but she's not uncommitted to the Rebellion there - in fact she's more committed than she was among Saw's band as a teen. That scene resolves and she processes the information. They hit the Rebel HQ, she makes her argument, they don't buy it - and then Cassian volunteers to help her with his crew of Rebels who have done bad things. He's trying to make an argument despite actions like the possible assassination of her father - and Jyn herself has done bad things - they can do some good here. The Death Star is too big and too important to ignore.

So no, I don't think that scene is a binary switch nor do I think it has no resolution in the film. As I say, it is weird. It is like people watched another film when they talk about this being awful, and I'm not even a Star Wars geek.

Nothing you are saying here has anything to do with how poorly the character was handled. And how little depth it had. But hey, you migh tnot be a SW geek, neither am I, but you sure as fuck do not watch "arty euro/foreign movies"

You have no idea what films I watch beyond this one dude, much like I have no idea what you watch. The difference in what each of us said is this though:

>I said if you watch Rogue One then I cannot imagine how you could handle watching a movie which actually leaves things fully unsaid or requires you to infer things through subtlety

>You said 'you don't watch those kind of movies'

You don't have an argument. I'm talking about how this actually unfolded step-by-step in the movie and why I don't understand why nobody pays attention to it, and you're saying it was poorly handled and had little depth. That's not an argument. You have to say WHY it was handled poorly or WHY it had little depth. Because all I'm using to go against that is evidence from the film itself - these are the things that happened that we saw on screen in this order.

I didn't think Rogue One was MOTY or anything but I thought it was a pretty solid film that was an interesting place to look at in the SW universe (I have only seen the other films, which I'm mostly ambivalent to) and like, incomparably better than last year's TFA.

its 2hrs 13 mins plus all the adverts etc so itd be more.
Again you are full of shit my son

True, I actually lost more time than that seeing how I had to go there etc.

You don't need to try to impress me, you said enough about your taste with the whole "subtle character development" point.

What point, exactly? I asked if you needed to have everything spelled out on the screen for you. I'm not talking about my taste at all - again, you're the one who said 'you don't watch these films'.

All you seem to be doing now is evading having an actual argument or discussion in favour of petty sniping. Great, I sure hope you're not OP.

TFA wasn't at all smooth as hell because TFA was the most illogical nonsecal shit Ive seen in a long time. Let's just forget some cock sucker on some world had the map to Luke or even the sense in the character leaving at all, but the logic only seeks a deeper end as the movie goes on. Ren arrives, slaughters everyone and kills the old man without mind probing him, or the villagers? Explain that one, I double dare you. Or Daisey being this fucking thing that can into everything. She's a linguist, an expert in the force after just hearing about it, can do almost anything required to move the plot along. And let's not forget the bigger, infinitely Dumber'er death star; it sucks in a sun, and then fires at planets that should have tore each other apart gravitationally. Yeah, let's forget that or that everyone in the star wars universe is so close that Finn could look up and see the Star Killer base, yeah, let's forget that or the bit where Kylo takes off his mask to interrogate some one, so why wear the mask, let's just forget all of that shit and just look at why Poe went back to attack a canon on a massive ship but not the torpedoes or even what happened to Poe after the ship crashed or why Finn kept changing allegiances and why did Poe trust the future of the mission in someone's hands who when last he saw him, was all about leaving and getting away. Let's forget all that shit and the rest, the orange thousand year old alien who shouted Han in a pub filled with cut throats, liars and thieves. Let's forget all that shit. AT least, TFA made some kind of sense.

spelled out =/= showing. Sudden shifts in tone do not make for good cinema. Which is why I'm brought to doubt your position.

Let's forget the rolling droid that had the plans to Luke was so important that Han told the droid to follow him so that one of the bad guys who boarded the ship could have seen it to say, "Yo, you have that droid that we be looking for."

TFA was a pile of shit!

>this delusional

holy fuck you are desperate lol

Oppai is right
Disney has some very weird ideas on people and making movies

Same with them pretending laser fights etc are for girls and that boys are now the princesses
It doesnt work

Its like they dont know humans at all
Its just so fucking weird and unnatural the things they're trying to convey...

I'm very curious what kids think about it.

We don't need to hear about your curiosity towards kids user.

Here in europe they dont like it
They see this is something created in america and do not agree with it
They will first mock and laugh it off before seeing the agenda/message behind it though

bump

What purpose do Storm Trooper helmets serve if you can knock them out with one punch.

ONE PUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCH!

I thought you guys were meme-ing about muh pacing in the first act but god damn it's rough

but holy shit 10/10 2nd and 3rd acts, I love the nuclear bomb allusions