Listen to me for a second. This probably really is the greatest album ever released

Listen to me for a second. This probably really is the greatest album ever released.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/scubaofficial
soundcloud.com/volorflex
soundcloud.com/ghostek
soundcloud.com/directmusic
soundcloud.com/klatu
discogs.com/label/25386-Hyperdub?sort=year&sort_order=
youtube.com/watch?v=vo_phIYOGWw
youtube.com/watch?v=QUEMJEVVDJY
youtube.com/watch?v=S-gf_JjWuOk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do you think so?

Yeah, and so is pic related.

i agree

Untrue.

he got really fucking high and had some big thoughts while this was playing

I was just listening to this. I'm not sure what to call this genre...but I've recently started really enjoying artists like Burial, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, James Blake...which is new for me.

Could you recommend more like this?

burial is trip-hop/chillstep/post-garage

op here
yo im not fuckin kidding but this really is true lol

I really dont know others that sound like Burial bc he has a unique sound but id suggest u listen to his other shit? Even tho i havent yet

here's some other artists who have a similar sound to Burial (though IMO none of them are as good)
soundcloud.com/scubaofficial
soundcloud.com/volorflex
soundcloud.com/ghostek
soundcloud.com/directmusic
soundcloud.com/klatu
these are the ones I could find, and I've been searching for a while too

>soundcloud.com/scubaofficial
thanks mane i just listened 2 scuba hes fuckin good

one of my favorite artists for sure.

Yeah it most certainly might be. We will never know. Just listen while you wait.

Can anyone explain to me why people are really into this album? I really like listening to a lot of music around the genre like aphex twin and moby but I've just always thought the sampling and melodies reminded me of just like shitty 2000s dance songs.

emotion

it's extremely well-produced, highly emotional, totally unique in its atmosphere, well-flowing, gripping as hell, it's just "untrue" man. i've had countless people come up to me and show me regular garage music or dubstep or some of burial's contemporaries (like volor flex) and absolutely nothing comes even remotely close to burial's vision.

I really don't see it for some reason. It's just very repetitive to me and the samples are really generic? I don't understand how there is such an emotional response to really repetitive drums and shitty 2000s pop samples?

doesnt it seem a bit coincidental to you that the best album ever recorded just happens to be one of the first albums you stumbled into since deciding to listen to more music?

maybe there are actually hundreds of albums that are lesser known that are in fact better?

its garage, how the fuck is anything on there trip-hop and what even is "chillstep"

discogs.com/label/25386-Hyperdub?sort=year&sort_order=

enjoy

>2000s pop
>a bad thing
and i don't know what you mean by repetitive... it's electronic dance music dude. i imagine you wouldn't be too much of a fan of drone music either?

>because I don't like the album as much as OP, I'm going to assume he knows less music than I do
like, leave dude
just let someone enjoy a fucking album they like lmao

>like,
>fucking
>lmao

14 or tumblr refugee?

don't pick on them because you get triggered over diction you sanctimonious little shit

like, just leave duuuuuuuuuuuude lmao

ive listened to at least 3 garage albums and burial is definitely THE best musician ever

underrated

good job, you just directly proved my point. is it at least painful to be as dumb as you are?

I'm okay with drone I listen to it occasionally but a lot of electronic music I listen to is interesting because it changes around and even ambient tracks seem a bit more dynamic than burial to me. Maybe one day it will click for me but it just reminds me of really weird parts of my life that just always seemed plastic

yea dude believe me i get exactly what you mean, that's why i don't listen to too much EDM myself and vastly prefer ambient and drone, but yea maybe put it off for a while and come back to it. worse case scenario you just simply don't like it. no shame in that.

If this is the greatest album, do you think Rival Dealer is the greatest ep? Because Rival Dealer > Untrue.

>chillstep
i thought that word was isolated in youtube comments under mr. suicide sheep, i shouldn't be surprised how it got here

Steet Halo is his best ep

I honestly agree

kek

the triphop chillstep i can overlook but wat in the flying fuck is "post-garage"???

its what comes after garage

yo im not fuckin kidding ur a huge faggot lol

There's actually WAY more going on than that. I feel like if that's your analysis of this album you must have just listened to it the background. The glory of this album is really in the soundscapes that the beats are structured around, and the vocal samples drift in and out of. It's a really emotionally powerful album because it sucks you in when you turn it up loud enough

He creates great atmosphere using such little tools
future garage

eno-acolyte

it's actually post-downstep drill n' booty four-to-the-floor proto-house you fucking pleb

plebs

pic related is a superior LP by the same guy.
you've just listened to untrue and think it is amazing as you've listened to no other electronic music and no other work by burial. and are underage.

also burial is literally the birthplace of dubstep.
it is dubstep.

when he was doing the round in london everyone just called it dance music but not dance music.

>also burial is literally the birthplace of dubstep.
no it isnt you fucking idiot, dubstep began with ghost in about 1997, even glancing at wikipedia could tell you this information.

dubstep is heavily based in garage, his self titled certainly straddles the line between dubstep and garage, but untrue is not dubstep in any sense of the word

Educate yourself mate.
youtube.com/watch?v=vo_phIYOGWw
youtube.com/watch?v=QUEMJEVVDJY
youtube.com/watch?v=S-gf_JjWuOk

ITT

>moby
kys

It helps being a Brit living in a big shitty city. This music is the soundtrack of shit nights out walking back to the bus stop in the rain. Comedowns in your mates gaff trying to piece together things. Captures a very specific emotion and time/place. Well, thats why it resonates with me anyway. The samples are from old ps2 games likes MGS and shit so the nostalgia is another big factor I guess

gg

I bet you hate Eccojams too

No it is not, it's impossible to have absolutes in art, but it is a pretty great album.

n-n-n-no shit

>early dubstep BS
>same black chick moaning on every track
its fuckin nothing m8

In mcdonalds

Near dark

There is no Burial. It is just VST plugin in Kode9 Ableton.