wouldnt call this post punk but it is amazing

okay then

PiL - Flowers of Romance
The Pop Group - Y
This Heat - This Heat

oh, fuck off.

yes it is

get out of this thread faggot

flawless taste. id add wire's chairs missing and rema rema's EP wheel in the roses

I agree but what you posted is even less of a post punk album

sure
nah
definitely

>"Normies like it so it can't be good. It's not even postpunk, even though unlike Marquee Moon it has the hallmarks of postpunk."
>t. people who don't know the first thing about New York punk.

It's just shitty, over produced, reddit post punk. Kys

>1 hour in and still no modern dance
yikes...

first, normies don’t give two shits about interpol, second, they’re a couple of rich kids who made an album that hardly has anything to do with post punk other than joy division

pere ubu sucks

Stay mad. TOTBL simply apes the aesthetic of post punk without really emulating it's creative ethos. I could name tons of modern post-punk bands off the top of my head that truly deserves that label.

NYC is the only one that's proper good.

Ocean Rain - Echo and the bunnymen, which I suppose is post punk

post-punk revival is bad

prove me wrong

this is the point where someone names any band and you say they suck. so ill say iceage :)

I kind of like iceage but they’re nowhere near as good as anything from when post-punk was still fresh

This album is honestly the best thing ever.
I love how it opens with

>Practice makes perfect
>Yes, I can prove it
>Business or pleasure
>The more that you DO IT

Like he's partially gloating, he KNOWS how good the music behind him is.

There are definitely more interesting post-punk albums, but I can't think of one that I enjoy more than "Entertainment!" It's fun and visceral, and it's consistently excellent.

modern post punk bands worth a shit

Have a Nice Life (certain tracks off of DC)
Girl Band
The Coneheads
Nail Polish
Housewives
ISS
Stickers

protomartyr and preoccupations are also alright

viet cong was good, I don’t even remember what the second one was called because it sucked a million dicks

Depends OP, are you asking for proper Post-Punk only, or are early goth, indie, and other sub-genres allowed too?

these, plus this

I agree

>2 hours and 32 posts
>no one has posted pic related yet
I'm disappointed in all of you

personal fave

Or the spaghetti incident

don’t mind me, just the best post-punk song coming through

youtu.be/xjbBr1_rSD8

forgot link because autism

naw
good shit

That's not New Dawn Fades.

very astute observation user

eww no

I like a lot of other albums more but this one is probably still unironically the best the genre has to offer

>implying not new wave

>implying the two genres aren't interchangeable, at least for early new wave

Gang of Four - Entertainment!
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy

>psychocandy
>post punk
what did he mean by this

came here to post this

THE WORST THING IN 1954 WAS THE BIKINI

damn good album

>being the judge of anything while posting a new wave album

not user but

oh well since it’s on wikipedia then it must be true

gotta keep the thread from being nothing but boring alt-rock

wikipedia AND rym? wow and to think I even doubted you

dat one sound band

youtube.com/watch?v=xhYe468zIc8

how about the other sound band

youtube.com/watch?v=uxRH5lKkrco

well since some user on Sup Forums told me then it must be false

I love you

youtube.com/watch?v=QRB4Gog0mV4

Not the very best, but possibly the most underrated.

basically

thank you for the rec this is fucking hot

T. brainlets

That's not lowlife

who is this babe

Interpol is shit compared to other albums posted ITT. Go to r/music if you want to discuss bland indie rock.

Master of Puppets

Load/Reload

bad post

Turn On the Bright Lights is probably one of the only legitimately exciting and consistently well-written albums posted in this thread. There are no lulls, it never seeps into generic rock music despite your vapid claims to the contrary, it's eclectic enough to retain my attention while focused enough to keep any individual track from becoming muddled, and despite the weakly substantiated accusations that they are a carbon copy of Joy Division they have a sound on certain tracks that couldn't be confused for Joy Division by even the most retardest retard. This idea that Interpol is bad because of some vague association with Reddit is nothing but a silly meme spread by people who don't actually have substantive things to say about the music they're so eager to "discuss". Just so you know, if you have to write off music solely with what group of people it's associated with, then you're probably a true brainlet.

get out of this thread autismanon

>get out of my hugbox so I can go back to my preconceived notions of music that shall go unchallenged

yes that’s what i’m saying now leave

nice

youtube.com/watch?v=BrYXixknFbs

>PiL
fuck off
yes

To be honest, after putting a lot of thought into a list, it's a genre much better suited for songs, not albums, there's some classic albums for sure but a lot of the best tracks aren't necessarily on those albums and I say this as someone who's probably heard a few hundred post-punk albums and used to consider it their favorite genre

terrible vocals

fuck off

nick the stripper has the shittiest vocals ever recorded, it’s like a violent femmes song except gano is trying to take a massive shit while singing

I actually really enjoy Iceage's early output. Its nothing like classical post-punk but I enjoy its mix of no-wave and hardcore and post-punk. The whole record is full of groovy, catchy melodies.

It's not bad, it's just in direct opposition to the spirit of actual post-punk...like something like TotBL is objectively better at capturing the sound/style of that style of post-punk than the actual post-punk was but it's done with polish and nostalgia and the knowledge of that whole movement in mind

Actual post-punk was just a bunch of punks who realized punk rock just wasn't getting shit done and throwing whatever they could at the wall and it just so happened they ended up forming groups of bands with similar ideals and sounds...none of those groups had the access to all the other groups at the time so there's a purity to how they got to their style but it also means a lot of real post-punk is messy because it's people making it up as they go

It's not unique to post-punk, a lot of rock after the 90's has the same problem of just trying to sound like a polished version of something that didn't need to be polished

So much shit on there that it almost invalidates the good stuff

>Tuxedomoon at the end

>Turn On the Bright Lights is probably one of the only legitimately exciting and consistently well-written albums posted in this thread.

Having an opinion like that leads me to believe that you don't generally understand what gives original post-punk music it's substance. Don't get me wrong, the opinion that Interpol is good in and of itself is not indicative of a lack of understanding of the genre. However, praising such a pastiche of the genre while dismissing it's true classics lead me to believe otherwise.

>There are no lulls, it never seeps into generic rock music despite your vapid claims to the contrary,

The entire album is a constant lull. Also, It isn't generic rock music, but it is still creatively bankrupt when compared to even the cult classics of the genre (like for example)

>it's eclectic enough to retain my attention while focused enough to keep any individual track from becoming muddled

At it's best, TOTBL is only eclectic. This is because Interpol only has a surface-level of understanding in regards to what makes post punk bands work. Also the shitty production makes the album sound objectively muddled.

>they have a sound on certain tracks that couldn't be confused for Joy Division by even the most retardest retard.

Of course not. Joy Division's formula may seem simple at first glance, but reality they are a hard act to follow or imitate. Personally, I don't believe that Interpol is all that similar to Joy Division anyways.

I'm sure you could come up with something better than "retardest retard".

>if you have to write off music solely with what group of people it's associated with, then you're probably a true brainlet.

Now you are just jumping to conclusions. Not once did I say that Interpol or TOTBL is bad because of reddit. I re-directed you because you'd have a better time discussing that type of music there, or perhaps even a post-punk revival thread.

>like something like TotBL is objectively better at capturing the sound/style of that style of post-punk than the actual post-punk was but it's done with polish and nostalgia and the knowledge of that whole movement in mind

take it back user

‘no’

It's impossible to argue with it because it's capturing a sound that didn't exist at the time it's capturing from...it's summing up a style through rose-tinted glasses to the point that people accuse it of sounding like those bands even though it doesn't, it's the perfect example of just taking a general influence but doing it so well it doesn't really sound like the music it's influenced by because it doesn't have the experimental spirit to it, it's fully confident in itself unlike actual post-punk because it was made by people who already knew what post-punk was

where did you get the notion that post-punk isn't "fully confident in itself"?

I'm not that guy but I just want to throw my two cents in.

Yes, Interpol has none of the creative spirit of the original post-punk movement. They take the best sounds that the bands from that era experimented with and discovered, and modernized it for when it was released. This is what most, if not all post-punk revival bands do.

I just think it's a good album because I like the atmosphere, and I think the songwriting is pretty damn good too. Obstacle 1 is still a jam in my opinon.

What you on about, post-punk is one of the few genres with plenty of uninamously great albums and fits perfectly the album format

hahahahahah

post-punk takes a lot from dance music so it makes sense in singles too

Just want to clarify that post punk revival is not the same as modern post punk. Post punk revival took the aesthetics of early post punk and applied them to indie rock, creating a radio friendly, poppy sound. Modern post punk is just post punk made recently.

Post punk revival: Interpol, The National
Modern post punk: Protomartyr, Iceage, Viet Cong, Ought