Holy shit

holy shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J2z7LXpAX3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Jl92tqlk7Wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is really fucking good.

I'm only waitin' till the mornin' comes (till the mornin' come)
...Harvest is better

SAILING HEARTSHIPS THROUGH
BROKEN HARBORS
OUT ON THE WAVES IN THE NIGHT
STILL THE SEARCHER MUST
RIDE THE DARK HORSE
RACING ALONE IN HIS FRIGHT

>I found the most basic lyric on the album, I'll cite that one as a way to say it's bad.

trash

Thanks for settling that for us.

HEY HEY CRIPPLE CREEK FERRY
BUDDING THROUGH THE OVERHANGING TREES

DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN
IT'S ONLY CASTLES BURNING

I didn't mean to say that it's bad. I just typed the lyric because it popped into my mind...nothing to do with Harvest being better. I like both though.

Southern man is absolute kino

Yeah, I know, right?
Isn't Neil Young GOAT?
What the heck was he doing wasting his time with those other three?
I guess he's charitable enough to help out his friends every once in a while by lending his name to their trio and sitting in with them, but the other three couldn't write anything as prolific as Southern Man, Cinnamon Girl, or Down by The River. (Or my personal favorite, Sedan Delivery)

Heck, do you think the other three would make a movie with DEVO? HELL NO! ONLY NEIL WOULD DO THAT!

Hardships

unironically love this song. Drives people crazy when i play it tho

Crosby's first solo album was good, but he had help from lots of musicians guest starring on it.

And that movie with Devo is hilarious. Them jamming out to Hey Hey My My is great.

You don't know what prolific means but personally, the biggest problem with Neil Young's career for me is he who was too prolific, he has some of my favorite songs ever but put out way too many albums to have any real unassailable classics since his best stuff is scattered all over his career

That said, everything Crosby, Stills and Nash ever did was garbage excluding maybe like one song by The Hollies

Utter Bullshit.

ATG
The Ditch Trilogy
EKTIN
Harvest
RNS
Live at Massey Hall
Zuma

All classics. You are merely a simple, casual fan who has only heard 4 of his songs.

I admit I've only listened to 18 of his solo albums but I feel that's enough to know the guy, Bob Dylan he is not

The video of Neil playing an acoustic version of Cinnamon Girl, followed by the man himself "teaching" some guy how to play it, should be preserved for all eternity.

That's why there's lots of sites out there ranking them, you don't just pick up a massive discography like that and blindly listen from start to finish.

Bob Dylan has about as many albums as Neil and they aren't all gems either.

>All in a dream, all in a dream

I'm happy to feel with you lads, I've listened to this record dozens of times in the past couple of months

Neil Young has a far more consistent discography than Bob Dylan, with equal highs to Dylan's greats, and his live performances are way less embarrassing then old mumbling Bobby.

please boys no fight
bob and neil are two greats each with their own skills and accomplishments that the other doesn't reach

Okay, I'm sorry. I am a Dylan fan but I love Neil. It's nice to see this board argue about two legends as opposed to the usual trash that people praise on here though.

Peace.

youtu.be/J2z7LXpAX3Q

last waltz is my fucking shit have a good night user

Just picked up Harvest Moon and Hitchhiker Vinyl for xmas.

Hitchhiker is so amazing, wonder what would happen if it released when original intended in the 70's.

Great choices. Hitchhiker must be one of Neil's best albums.

nah

You coulda posted one of the two other neil albums that come close, but ya didn't

Masterpiece but I'm a Tonight's the Night kinda guy.

My favourite ever live album. An easy 10.

all of you are right

>this could be you
youtube.com/watch?v=Jl92tqlk7Wc

CSNY were alright but mainly a vocal band. For people who only listen to music for the singing and not the instruments or songwriting. I do like their renditions of Neil songs but their other stuff is mostly forgettable.

What about Buffalo Springfield? The Byrds?

>Jams with DEVO
>Sings the story of Johnny Rotten
>Wears Sex Pistols t-shirt.

Great scene overall.

His live albums are incredible. I like Live at the Celler Door release a few years ago but covers his early 70's shows, goes well with Massey Hall. Flying on the Ground Is Wrong is a really great acoustic cover of a rare Springfield song, one of my favorites.

I love to get a real Neil Feel at least 3 times a day

>Implying Deja Vu is garbage
hmm

Buy this. Then get ready to go deep with Neil.

My fave singer songwriter