I may actually vote for trump now

I may actually vote for trump now.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743078235408195584
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>restricting the rights of those not formally convicted or even charged with a crime

Well, it IS current year 2016 I guess.

Dunno if this is a fake tweet or not, but it certainly is consistent with his pro-gun control background.

Why doesn't the constitution guarantee your right to buy and operate heroin?

SHALL

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you still buy guns from private owners?

fuck you, irish prick

you are the niggers of europe.

you're not white

kill yourselve

It wasn't a right that was consistently violated by oppressive governments at the time. Not on the radar.

And it's not a necessity for protecting individual liberty.

>mfw Sup Forums finally realizes that, yes, it is the current year

>go to buy a gun
>background check fails for some reason
>discover the FBI has you on a terrorist watch list

Imagine that situation unfolding.

>it's real
fuck me, our gun rights are fucked

You are correct. We'd have to expand background checks to cover private sales, which isn't happening.

It's quite obvious he's saying they're going to discuss a counter to that proposal. The NRA would never go for what he tweeted.

This is good, he'll pull more lefties. Not to mention the no fly list should be edited. Doesn't make sense the way it is now

Holy shit when the the bill of rights become the bill of recommendations?

He's meeting to discuss why that's a bad idea

it's not fake. And to be fair, it's fairly lenient compared to what liberals want to do.
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743078235408195584

LITERALLY nothing wrong with this

It's not like there weren't signs that everybody just happily ignored.

>proceed to going to full "Might aswell" mode

sounds like a great idea

Rude

It's likely they will counter, but the real story is that he tweeted this at all, not the NRA's reaction.

The Trump method:

>say dumb shit
>Hillary explains to you in great detail why you're retarded
>readjust position so that it is closer to Hillary's

I don't like the idea of singling out people who haven't been convicted, but it's better that than banning "Assault weapons".

Anyone who follows the Quran shouldn't purchase a gun period here.

>secure nomination
>start going full libtard

I fucking told you, guys.

That already happens

>Get ready to board your flight
>Going through security
>Get pulled aside
>Get told your on the no-fly list and that you must leave immediately
>Ask why you are on the no-fly list
>Lel I dunno it just says here your on the no-fly list
>Who do you call to contest it?
>Lel nobody is really sure 100% who runs the no-fly list

it's real alright but as pointed out, I don't think this shit will fly with the NRA

I suppose none of you retards see a problem with a supposed Presidential candidate "meeting with the NRA" to discuss legislation instead of.. you know.. CONGRESS?

This sort of shit is why our country is fucked.

even if passed, it'd be unenforcable because lol no central register to even know who has what

>Tfw all of us get put on a no-buy "terrorist" list for posting on a Taiwanese knitting forum.

Only if they greatly reworked the no-fly list so it actually works. But that would never happen.

>I don't like the idea of singling out people who haven't been convicted
You kind of have to be a moron though to wind up on a terrorist watch list or a no fly list.

NOT

seriously though that is bad juju. you don't know if your on th e list, and you can't always appeal to get off it. bad times.

faggot better say no, the Orlando fag wasn't one the no fly anyways.

in fact there isn't a single instance of someone on the no fly buying a gun and alluah snakbaring.

Rights should only apply to white christian males, not muhammad allahu akbars.

This

It sounds like an effective idea on its face but consider that Omar could have just gotten his wife to buy the rifle, and she wasn't under any investigation.

Here comes the populism

The population, even on the right, doesn't understand what a constitutionally protected right means. It would be the moral equivalent of restricting free speech because you are on a list.

And the justification for taking american rights is a reaction to what muslim terrorists are doing. Giving leftist administrations an incentive to let these attacks happen so they can keep blaming guns. And when these terrorists can't buy guns in stores, they'll buy them from abu hajaar, pretty much taking away the only warning you had something was about to happen.

The only thing that makes sense is to compare you to a terror watch list and no fly list when they do your background check. Require firearm retailers to notify the FBI if the purchaser is flagged so they can investigate and stake him out. Maybe you'll catch stupid terrorists this way, maybe you won't.

That's because it's impossible to police without requiring a gun registry and all gun registries in murica have led to co-ordinated confiscation ala jew york.

The only response to the idea of these shitty lists not getting guns is to mock how shitty the lists are. When the day comes that the lists are respectable enough to not be mocked then you can limit people on them.

>not letting mentally ill nutjobs buy guns means your rights are taken away
Come on mate, you don't need to think in extremes.

So the NRA finally caved?

Islam is a terrorist organization. Any member is not a a US citizen because they are enemies of the state. They have no rights in my country.

there were cases of children with names like the ones on the no fly list who were mistreated by TSA and not allowed on board because of a simple clerical error

But any laws put into place will be applied in the opposite way.

>under investigation by the FBI
>not on no-fly

Pick one.

The NRA will shoot it down.

There is only one kind of gun legislation the NRA supports and that is importation restrictions since the NRA receives donations from most major American gun makers.

This is just a show for the leftists to prove he is willing to discuss different possibilities. Call me when he actually implements it, than I'll be pissed.

>no fly list
>banning guns

alright I'm voting libertarian

trump has officially lost me

Back ground checks for private sales are legally impossible to enforce. How ever if you're caught selling a weapon to someone legally not allowed to own them the ATF will rape you and your dog.

Banning people from no fly lists or terrorist watch lists wouldn't of stopped the Orlando shootings seeing as the FBI cleared the guy twice.

Then you need to take back your government and country

>So the NRA finally caved?

Why would they cave now. The lists should be reformed before this is even considered. This guy was investigated closely. If you want to fix anything this proves you need to fix the investigations so that they work.

I'm pretty sure it's split tactics. Like the libertarian meme that's always pushed here.

Whoa there Denmark, you are literally nothing.

Johnson advocates for more gun control.

Hillary seems to fly fairly often.

this is going to spin everything around
will he lose republican support? gain liberal support? this election is full of surprises

Once Trump is elected all Muslims will be on the terror lists and all non-Muslims won't be.

So that would fix that issue.

>I'll be meeting with the NRA about violating due process

Yeah good luck with that.

What's exactly wrong about stopping people linked with ISIS/Al qaeda to buy guns?

It's like saying guns shouldn't be sold to children. It's falls on the ground of basic responsability.

you faggots, this is just to impress libshits

So did Nixon you fucking faggot.

What about roof koreans they do just as much to remove the shit and kebab that don't hurry up and buy just as much.

that's an error though, I'm talking about legitimately getting on the list.

Wait never mind I'm retarded

Trump is just a flip flopper who will say anything just to gets votes. That's why trump supporters are fucking idiots.

It's America.
They want children to own guns too.

He probably just doesn't know how badly the No-Fly list is administered. He's a sensible guy. As soon as he finds out about all the dead people and people with common names that are on the list for no good reason, he'll drop this terrible idea like a bag of rocks.

Right?

Those lists have tons of people on them for no good reason who have to fight for years to get off. Tons of people just because of typos or similar names or just anything. Meanwhile they investigate the guy who is actually going to kill people closely and find nothing wrong.

I hope this tweet is poorly phrased it seems like bad news. The only thing the government can actually seem to do is fuck with law abiding citizens.

It's not going to change anything. People who don't support Trump, 98% of the time, will NOT vote for him under any circumstances.

there is literally nothing wrong with this

Watch lists are created by the government. No trial or anything. If they say you are on there, you are on there. So whole factions could be rejected rights.

Ya there is no difference being on the list is being on the list. And the list is run like shit.

So right now you can buy guns even if you are on these lists? Get your shit together before you are a failed state ffs

>stripping people's rights without due process
Fun fact, anyone can be put on the watch list, no oversight so basically all it takes to disarm people you don't like and there is nothing you can do about it.

Fuck that

I agree the second amendment was written with whites in mind. The founding fathers never envisioned the savage nigger would become a citizen.

When the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and created the 2nd Amendment, they wanted everyone to be able to own a firearm.

Except womyn, niggers, and mudslimes.
Case closed /

Let's do what the Founding Fathers intended.

I support him on this for the simple reason that muslims have no rights.

People have to fight for a year to even figure out while they are on there and plenty of them are not connected to shit.

tell that to families whose vacations got ruined because of said errors

same could happen to would-be gun owners

Don't look at his actions look at his memes

I'm sure there's plenty of people on that list who are just retards who thought it would be funny to yell 'boom' while their flight was going through turbulence, or decided they didn't like the fat creepy TSA guy molesting them.

I give him credit, he is going to the right people about this

Zero due process.

the no fly list is a bad metric to write gungrab laws around

the no fly list automatically drops names onto itself, without oversight. have a name similar to a terrurist? BOOM YOU'RE FLAGGED. travel a lot? BOOM YOU'RE FLAGGED (even fucking war correspondent journalists have been placed on no-fly list)

the government wants to ban guns? boom, 11 million citizens are suddenly on the no fly list :^)

>anyone can be put on a watch list

Yeah, and the Us Gov. still does fuck all about the people on it... They knew of that Omar Orlando faggot for years and still didn't do jack shit. Being put on a "watchlist" by the CIA, FBI, or NSA is essentially meaningless.

does posting on Sup Forums get you on the no-fly list?

You deserve to have your throats slit.

Ah okay. I didn't know the list was that strict. I thought it was for idiots that post shit on Twitter and Facebook about killing people or terrorist attacks on countries.

If that watch list was overhauled so it was actually effective it could work with Trump's idea in that tweet.

the investigation was closed and that isn't the same as the no fly list.

Omar also had plenty of background checks, he was a courthouse security guard and a port authority guard. that is a lot more background checks than our president even got.

>i only believe in the bill of rights when it favors me

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

that fucking scumbag

if this is real I can no longer consider him credible

news at 11

all Americans added to no fly list

He should have gone to talk with the Gun Owners of America instead of the NRA who has a backbone about as stiff as a limp noodle.

Are you retarded? The due process is investigating the suspect, and finding enough evidence of suspicious behaviour/contact with other known terrorists to put them on a watch list

Goddamn amerifats are stupid

these lists remind me of the Chinese concept of administrative punishment by which citizens are put to reform through labour without actually being convicted of anything, sort of like getting a ticket for commiting a traffic infraction but instead of a fine you get 2 years of backbreaking labour

I'm not so worried about this policy under Trump but it sets a precedent so President (Chelsea) Clinton can just put the entire NRA on a watch list and revoke rights with no oversight and no recourse.

How does this make sense to anyone?

And if you want to limit the people on these lists from doing something how about working for fucking Homeland Security? There's dozens if not hundreds of them working for DHS right now.

He flipped flopped so many times it's a god damn gymnastics show.

>Why doesn't the constitution guarantee your right to buy and operate heroin?

because the founders of our nation knew that the right to sell Heroin should be reserved for them alone, that the monopoly on Heroin dealing would be so profitable that only the aristocratic classes should be allowed to participate in it

Why is everyone overreacting to this?

It's the equivalent of me writing "I'm going to discuss with me daughter about her dating black men".

The NRA is going to give him bullet points about how these lists are bullshit, and what he can say against Hillary to shoot (haha) her arguments down.

Maybe. Nobody knows the system by which people are placed on the list.

The only way to know if your on the list is to try and fly somewhere and see if you get detained.

The opposite has happened, actually. But who am I kidding. You're a braindead liberal. Braindead liberals don't deserve to be reasoned with, they deserve to be executed and discarded.