ITT: SONGWRITING

>rhymes friend with end

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0BF8GfYn6Sr
clyp.it/rvbafpgp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Favourite cadences to replace a maj ii v i ?

yes

I IV iv V

Do you write your vocal melodies using an instrument, anons?

But you're ending on the dominant.

i'll kill you later

2 5 1 has been done to death. imho.

>Rhyming

I wing it my man
t. Beat Happening-worship twee musician

play a phrase that ends on the dominant, then play the exact same phrase but end on the tonic

>air
>care

>fire
>desire

>walk
>talk

No, I usually hum it over chords, or just improvise the words straight from the sheet while doing those chords. I do that until I find something.

it sounds fine desu

vocaroo.com/i/s0BF8GfYn6Sr

>vocaroo.com/i/s0BF8GfYn6Sr
cool.

My whole point is I want a cadence of three chords that resolves on the i chord that isn't ii v I that is good and original.

Sometimes.

ive been trying to make this a song, how is it
clyp.it/rvbafpgp

I was going to say that this is low quality b8, but you agitated me a little bit. So 4/10. Somewhat nice b8, m8.

Most pop song structure cliches really get under my skin.
>"Bridge" that's just some phrase repeated a few times with a completely senseless new chord progression
>Immediately go back to copied and pasted chorus
>Last chorus goes on for twice as long and a new instrument or background vocals comes in during the second round
>Big, explosive chorus immediately stops and goes back to "minimal" verse, kills any momentum the song has
>Pop song turns into borderline harsh noise during a "buildup" because of the filters the producer is abusing
>Blaring SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in the background during any "loud" part of the song
>That stupid trap thing where the same vocal track is just pitched down or up an octave and played in the background
>Radio edits that do everything they can to save a couple seconds of non-singing parts of the song and end up cutting single bars or weird shit like that

I mean, it's not perfect, but your third cliche isn't that terrible, especially compared to the rest of your list.

>>Pop song turns into borderline harsh noise during a "buildup" because of the filters the producer is abusing
>>Blaring SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in the background during any "loud" part of the song
Fucking hell, I sometimes listen to normie EDM mixes at the gym and I feel like I'm going to get tinnitus because of this. You want for the bass to keep getting louder but it becomes physically painful to listen to.

watch this
> together
> forever