Standings:
1. Scott Dixon - 423
2. Helio Castroneves - 420 (dude)
3. Simon Pagenaud - 404
4. Josef Newgarden - 400
5. Will Power - 359
5. Gram Rahal - 359

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/formula-one/two-time-f1-champ-fernando-alonso-not-ruling-out-move-indycar-2018
youtube.com/watch?v=SzbpKgN4Ntk
presstelegram.com/general-news/20170730/indycar-race-argument-is-over-yet-here-we-go-anyway
youtube.com/watch?v=RinUFICaaHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6YvsBlNyQFg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=6YvsBlNyQFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Gram

results from p3 a little bit ago

hello me reading this thread in two weeks

Aleshin binned another car, Sam did not appear amused.

Hi, did you catch testing?

Qualifying begins at 2pm ET.

Mid Ohio was built on my familys farmland. I'm only about 3 miles from there. No cars running currently.

Are you there right now?

>Are you there right now?
No. I can't hear any running. I quit attending races years ago. Why fight the crowds when I can sit in front of tv and watch. Beautiful weather here. 71 degrees.

Any buckeyes here? I go to Mid Ohio every once few years but not this time. I'm choosing the xfinity race this year. I want to watch the carnage. I hope it rains.

I think that's what a lot of people believe, but I enjoy attending races in person when I can.
Much different experience.

Cincy here. Hopefully I'll make it up next year

For the most part yes. But the infield at Mid Ohio is just a bunch of drunk assholes who don't even watch the race. Haven't attended since the CART days. That was real Indy car.

Don't hang around the infield then I guess.
I bring friends and family with me to races when the stars align and we have a blast just walking around, only ever been to Road America though, but I imagine Mid Ohio allows for a fair bit of wandering.

I can't complain. Old enough to had the pleasure of seeing the greats compete in Can Am, F5000 and Trans Am.
Mark Donahue
jacky ickx
jackie oliver
denis hulme
bruce mclaren
peter revson
jackie stewart
Even david hobbs lol
Didn't know at the time so much but can am afforded the chance to see a lot of amazing talent.

Pro Mazda race live now on the YT stream, quali will take place after

>implying Sam Schmidt has any room to complain when he was a 33 year old rookie pay driver that couldn't even race more than 2 seasons without paralyzing himself

Group 1 quali results.
Top 6 advance.

Group 2 quali results
Top 6 advance.

On to top 12 qualifying.

Round 2 of quali results.
Top 6 go to the fast six where the pole will be determined.

Fast 6 results.
Will Power has Pole position.

Based Aussie man

fuck the haters

>powerwinspolelol

>Americans will only now admit Foyt is a shit team because Conor Daly is running at the back
>still won't admit Sato is a good driver
How will they ever recover if keeps beating RHR?

Sato was fucking nowhere before Foyt and after Foyt he still hasn't performed up to the level he should.
He won the 500 which is commendable, but he has only ever won Long Beach prior to that in 2013.
He has an almost Marco-tier career.

>Sato was fucking nowhere before Foyt
Lol He was more competitive with RLL and besides Indy should have won Edmonton too if he didn't get memed on strategy. Couple poles with KV as well.

>after Foyt he still hasn't performed up to the level he should
He's the only driver on the team to win a race this year and the highest in points, what exactly do you want?

>when you remember how fucking ugly everything was in 2012

>what do you want?
Consistency.
Jesus, Sato has never done anything notable in his career until his two wins.
Good drivers are consistent and consistently do well.
Sato is a nice guy, but he has never given me a reason to cheer.

autoweek.com/article/formula-one/two-time-f1-champ-fernando-alonso-not-ruling-out-move-indycar-2018
>"Let's see in a month or so," Alonso said. "I've always said I'm very open to what may come in the future. I want to win next year and to win we need some good changes here (at McLaren). Many changes.
>"If those happen, it is possible I stay, but it's something I will consider in September."

He'll be with McLaren next year again. Though he is getting older, I suspect by(or before) age 38 he'll have moved on.

fyi the /f1/ is starting momentarily

Any F1 race that HAM doesn't win is a good one.

Indycar morning Warmup starting

This is how you get an Idea of who's fast.
Some guy found this Honda Indycar in his barn. Good find.

Spencer Pigot went head on into a concrete wall at 60-90mph.
It was so straight on that there's very little damage, if any, to the car outside the front wing assembly being destroyed.
Spencer appears to be okay, but he'll be out for warm up now getting checked for concussions at the care center.

That tool chest looks like a better rear wing than the real one desu

Super speedway configuration I mean, road course one should be good. Hope we get a lot of good shots of that kit tomorrow

Pigot's car has tub damage, ECR team is working to setup the backup car.
Spencer himself is alright and has been cleared to drive.

Morning warm-up results. A lot of teams were running in traffic so it's not necessarily indicative of who is quick.

We will.
There were some decent shots of the Chevrolet kit yesterday, but I can't seem to find them back.

Bryan Herta Autosport may be partnering with a different team due to his desire to remain with a Honda partnership should Andretti move to Chevrolet.
It's interesting to remember that while Bryan is on Marco's stand, Rossi is actually with Herta's team.
Jimmy Vasser has stated he wants to get a team together under the right circumstances.
Steinbrenner Racing is Colton Herta's team in Indy Lights and has expressed their interest in moving to Indycar in the past.
From here on is pure speculation on my part for wanting a silly team name:
All three of these fellows will team up and create VHS Autosport (Vasser-Herta-Steinbrenner).

inb4 marco somehow ends up with herta and michael is finally free

How long till race homies?

2 hours.

Fantastic. Thanks.

So what's the status of Daly? I heard he lost weight and goes faster

He lost 11lbs since Toronto, I can't hardly believe that was what was holding him back though.

He always qualifies last and moves up like 10 positions a race. Dude fucking sucks at quals

how many of those 10 positions are on merit and not due to others crashing or getting penalties though?

1 hour, 30 minutes until race coverage starts.

Editor slams some uninformed fags about the possibility of F1 at Long Beach. In case you hadn't heard, the City Council hired a firm to investigate the potential of F1 vs the current Indycr race.
They determined, unsurprisingly, that Indycar was more financially viable.
presstelegram.com/general-news/20170730/indycar-race-argument-is-over-yet-here-we-go-anyway

Conor had a much better showing with Dale Coyne last year. Dale last year was still a better team than Foyt, but they were a far cry to the powerhouse that is Dale's 2017 team.

Daly brings no money of his own really.

Indy should be more aggressive with places like Silverstone given they are cheaper and easier to profit on than F1. I'm sure management will start taking a out that way past that window being open.

Indy has potential to be an international alternative to F1 given F1s huge cost to host and manufacture for.

Indy Lights race is on now.
That's kind of what CART was trying, I think the biggest thing keeping that from happening is market penetration.
The sanctioning fee for international events is a fair shake higher than domestic events(though obviously still 1/50th of F1) because travel costs are just so high. So you need a good title sponsor lined up to jump in to get them there, but what about the team's current sponsors?
Some teams have global sponsors who would relish the extra market exposure, but others are domestic sponsors who simply don't care because it doesn't help them.
This means that teams would want to find a global(or a foreign race-local) sponsor to sport.

I agree, Indycar could be an awesome alternative, but historically it has been difficult.

50 minutes until coverage starts.

Make your race predictions now

>Josef will pass Will within the first 5 laps
>Dixon will somehow win

rooting for Newgarden today lads

Hopefully Sato keeps a ride

That's actually a cool livery. Too bad they chose the ugliest possible color

He will, Honda won't let him go after the 500 performance.

dog bless :-DDDDDDDDDD

>Long Beach.
Long Beach sucks. Street courses in general do. Concrete walls and wire.

fuck I'm on the wrong stream, took me some time to realise. fuck nascar

Race coverage has started.
If someone wants to search for a decent acestream for others who want to watch, that'd be swell.

grazzi ragazzie

good afternoon lads

US Acestream
2a3974d916e1af4a81655b1e8d6e0c08ac08b5fe
Sorry about the ads lads.

shows nascar for me lol

Unlisted YT stream of race.
youtube.com/watch?v=RinUFICaaHQ
>30fps

youtube.com/watch?v=6YvsBlNyQFg&feature=youtu.be
this is 60fps

Another YT stream
youtube.com/watch?v=6YvsBlNyQFg
Fug.

Kek

FAN FAVORITE

Volume so low not even dogs can hear it.

Who do you want to win gents?
Who would be your second choice?

Who do you ABSOLUTELY not want to win?

>Who do you want to win gents?
Take a guess
>Who would be your second choice?
Maybe power or sato? is sato good at this track?
>Who do you ABSOLUTELY not want to win?
Dixon, Newgarden or Pagenaud.

Newgarden looks like a chad so I don't want him to win, also Josef is a foreigner name

all of this

americans have chain hairdressers? woah

Aleshin
Micro

Rahole

Cheering for Alotion, Sato, and Chilton

>Who do you want to win gents?
sato
>Who would be your second choice?
i have none
>Who do you ABSOLUTELY not want to win?
everyone else

we love big corporate cock

who was that cutie?

I fucking love Robin Miller.

oh wait shit, I forgot Chilton is in Indy, he'd be my second choice.

Chilton or Jones
Aleshin
Any of le young american talent (tm), Marco or Rahal

pure autistic gold as always

Castroneves
Rahal

Dixon or Power

newgarden and rossi are the new young american talent (tm), rahal is in his prime and marco was never meant to be

ITT autosport

>Dixon hitting the wheel drama was 2013
wait, for real? is it been that fucking long?

Did paul tracy just call Rahal young Geezy?

Kek

I love the daily reminder of why I absolutely fucking hate Scott Dixon

Kevin Lee is now main host. What.

theres no way that was 4 years ago. seems 2 tops.

Doesn't feel like it does it?

>You now realize Dario retired 4 years ago.

I miss leigh diffey too, bro.

He still does F1 but i think he's had some health problems and isnt traveling as much.

yes, like most leafs PT is cancer

Oh no, not muh country

>Country

You leafs sure are funny

>>You now realize Dario retired 4 years ago.
Fuck

>I miss leigh diffey
le shouting aussie man