/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY DAY 8

In what has truly been a tournament of surprises, the semi-final stage of the World Matchplay from Blackpool's Winter Gardens features two of the top four in the world, the greatest player there ever will be and the most improved player of the year so far. The finishing post has been upped by 1 leg to 17, making it a best of 33.

The bottom half guarantees a new Matchplay finalist, and sees current UK Open champion Peter Wright take on the rapidly improving monster chinned Ulsterman Daryl Gurney. These two met in the semifinal of the aforementioned Minehead FA Cup where Clownman won comfortably on the way to his first major title. However, since that 11-5 defeat, Superchin has transformed as a player, picking up his first ranking title and steadily rising up the Order of Merit. His performances this week have been nothing short of stunning, with the fightback victory over Mensur Suljovic in the quarterfinals the latest in his run. Wright has been inconsistent and needed a six-leg burst to put away agitated midget Darren Webster; if Panto Pete isn't like that from the off, he will surely get pummelled.

The top half has the Stoke derby with 15 time champion Phil Taylor against half-injured protege Adrian Lewis. The dismantling of reigning champion Michael van Gerwen by the Prowler was nothing short of spectacular as the Autism Express didn't just fall off Blackpool's Golden Mile, but went straight off the rails and onto the beach in a crumpled wreck. Aidey's evening saw him struggle with his recent back surgery ramifications and had to slam in a 102 just to stop Alan Norris tying it up after being 13-5 ahead. With this being the final calling of Pheel in the Empress Ballroom, it is more than likely that Snackpot will bend over and take it from his Lord and Master with no lube; it won't be a repeat of 2013's stunning final between the two, that's for sure.

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on the new-look Sky Sports Action channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/07/28/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-seven
youtube.com/watch?v=xBMqgyGqo7A
cricfree.sc/watch/live/world-matchplay-darts-live-streaming
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Tonight’s matches (Best of 33 legs)
Daryl "Sweet C4-line" Gurney v Snakeshite
Taylel v SnackP&Ot

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

>Day 7 roundup
pdc.tv/news/2017/07/28/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-seven

>mfw watching van Gherkin vs Taylel today
What the fuck was that

Most bewildering match in a long time, and definitely the worst of MVG's career since winning his first major.

The manner of how Michael van Gerwen imploded yesterday cannot be overlooked.

His checkout rate of just 6 from 27 attempts (22.22%) was one of his lowest in his PDC major history and his whole demeanour yesterday was not his usual self: no strutting around after hitting 180s, no anger. It was as if he wasn't really bothered about losing like he did. Was it a case of the partisan crowd getting to him, as it did in the 2015 World Grand Prix final? Or has his mind been focused elsewhere with the impending realisation that he's going to become a dad?

In fact, his whole week has been weird. He let off when 7-0 up against Stephen Bunting and missed 22 darts at double, then in the post-match interview shrugged off Simon Whitlock as a nothing and then gave no shits about playing either of Phil or Barney. The match against Whitlock was the only remotely "normal" performance from him, yet he still went under a ton average after having averaged 100+ on TV for so many matches in a row.

In a bizarre way, it's both good and bad for darts that MVG has had this meltdown: good in that yesterday's match has shown opponents how to properly get at him, but bad in that it will only inspire an autism-fuelled rage for the rest of the season.

It's a conflicting feel as well. It was kind of funny to see MVG get spanked liked that but it was Taylor doing the spanking.

A recent Tweet from Aidey:

>Hi folks, the reason why I'm going backwards & forwards from home because my bed is a lot more comfortable after my operation.
I wonder why...

I think Barry threatened to kill his unborn child if he didn't lose to Taylel.

Taylor is the heel darts needs

Hankey should take over from him desu

>implying it isn't roidlet due to pheel's retirement

The character the PDC needs

>ywn be Lewis and eat in bed while Mrs Lewis cleans up after you

And we're on now.

>taylor is the first fucking clip

Who fucking thought Taylor v RVB would be Pheel's last match?

Fuck you, Mardle.

Had to laugh when Pheel tried to lecture Michael about sportsmanship post-match, when just last year, on this very same stage, with the roles reversed and Taylor getting spanked, he started acting like a complete retard on stage
youtube.com/watch?v=xBMqgyGqo7A

Hopefully taylor wins so he can fuck mardles shit up again in the interview

Typical hypocritical Taylor.

Backing the chin to win it all. Couldnt stand either Phil or the clown with another trophy

Crimson Chin > Lewis > Wright > Pheel

Taylor should fuck off. Constant boing of his cucks against MVG was annoying AF. Not saying MVG would have won without it, but it was relentless even when he was down 3 - 9001 these faggots were still going.

SWEEEEEEEEEET CAROLINE

A Peter Wright win will confirm September's Champions League of Darts line-up.

As it stands:
>Taylor (C), MVG, Gando, Wright, Lewis, Chisnall, Mensur, RVB

It's hard not to respect Phil's darting skills, nut the guy is a cunt in every sense of the word

Yeah I get booing at first but why wouldnt you want him to get back in it at some point

>Gurney not repeating his UK Open antics with Clownman
Good sign.

Wright's very similar: respectable skills, utter retard otherwise.

>Snakeshite

>clowman

thread is pretty ded

disappointing.

can gurney get in?

fuck off casual

Gurney gets in by winning the Matchplay at the expense of RVB.

Trip fag filtered

>spend whole day practicing with this set-up
>change it after 2 legs

>Gurney

Who are we going for?

Gurning Gurney 2bh

any streams lads?

Gurney

>82 v 83 in the averages
Christ.

it's free on tv

cricfree.sc/watch/live/world-matchplay-darts-live-streaming

>these averages with non-regulated trebles
lol PDC is a joke

its on sky sports lickdicki fuck off

go to channel 121 if you have sky

if you don't have sky then stop being poverty

I feel I've been the only Ameribro in these threads for over 2 years.

>100 quid a month

no thanks

>clownman ear cupping
Nobody has made a noise in the crowd yet, you tit.

Gurney pls

I swear there were at least 2 regulars for the bigger tournaments.

Lmao are they calling out the boos now? Why not yesterday you cunts

Hmm feel like I should watch Denmark - Germany women's football in a bit but I don't know.

fuck off Michael

stop being poverty

>Gurney in charge of D10

>

Wright taking Gando lessons and gameraising for the first mini-session.

>when the final is going to be Wright-Taylor

>190kg shitting up this thread
for fuck's sake this day is getting worse and worse

Sometimes they're quite funny, but not really feeling this one. A shame.

Only tripfag welcome here is Cadfael

>post this
>coco the cow wife shown on screen
Do you work for Sky?

Piss off, Cadfael.

>Ulster darts
No surprise Gurney has only beaten Clown on 4 out of 13 occasions.

N E E D L E

we /mindgames/ now

BANTER

DAT CLUTCH 108

Tayloresque 108 from Clownman.

dubs and Gurney staps Wright in the heart with this darts

Brutal.

Good job Gurney, now noone is likeable

>mopey gurney again

fuck sake

he will get his "friends" to send a "gift" to cow wife's hairdressers

Player mics when?

>barney's just has him moaning about playing

BASED PIE MAN

>le eternal TV jobber man

>this finishing

>PDC finishing

This is fucking dire viewing now.

Welcome to the Lakeside

>these guys in charge of finishing

>this women's BDO-tier finishing

Ok hello I am back.

good posts

There are some fit women players.

GWAN GURNEY

Gurney's sister

>clown was 8-4 ahead

CMON GURNEY YOU ARE OUR LAST HOPE

a tourny where MvG doesn't make the final feels rather boring 2bh

Yeah, sure is boring to not know who's gonna win

Damn, crucial D10.

That was a stupid 180 from Chin on 184.

Put pressure on Clown but would have fucked himself had he returned to the board.

obviously

Mvg did the same to leave D3 yesterday right

inb4 17-15

Going to be 17-11 at this rate.

COLOSSAL 118 FROM SUPERCHIN