LETS ARGUE

Post your autistic musical opinions and argue with everyone elses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wG8R9e8KOs4
youtu.be/LKVpQQhkq2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

true patricians can enjoy top 40 music

Kid A is the most overrated album of all time. It’s not even remotely good.

i would kind of agree. enjoy is quite a strong word though.

Poptimists aren't patrician sorry bud

80s were the worst decade for hip hop and most music in general

Biophilia is better than Post and Debut.

“Heroes” is overrated and Lodger is top 10 Bowie.

Jay Zs albums are more enjoyable than Kanye’s.

King Geedorah >>> MM FOOD

Kanye is top 40 so this is true.

Listening to certain genres of music "ironically" because they're generally disliked is just a way of hiding that you like listening to crunkcore and new jack swing.

>Radiohead is the most overrated band in history. Mediocrity embodied.
fixed it for ya.

true, but patricians are able to find enjoyment in all forms of music, top 40 included

Tony Blair was a better prime minister for UK music than Margaret Thatcher?

Old school hip hop just isn't good, modern hip hop is objectively a lot more creative, varied and overall sounds better.

nah you just don't get it

The Eminem Show isn't a classic

Blacks aren't all criminals

Earl sweatshirt > Tyler

Except for Kim

yeezus is actually really good

eeeeeeeeeeh, like, he's definitely good, but I don't think he's got what it takes to turn heads that aren't already 'mirin, bruh

The Money Store is overrated

What the fuck? Where’s all the arguing?

how you fuckin goob

The best Beatles albums are A Hard Day's Night and Help!

Hard to argue with any of this when no one's giving their reasoning.

everything in the thread is the truth

Imagine Dragons and Ellie Goulding are the worst things to ever happen to music.

Kim wasn’t on Eminem Show.

music dropped off severely in quality after the 1910s

>inb4 the music was invented in 1910 meme

That isn't possible considering how popular it has been

Oops you're right then

>80s were the worst decade for hip hop and most music in general
>synth pop

>calls album more popular than it should be
>"this album can't be overrated, It's super popular!"

So basically before recording passed the novelty phase and solidified the contemporary tradition of popular music rooted in American folk music? That sounds reasonable

>Literally proved my point

>80s were the worst decade for most music in general.

Pleb as fuck.

You can prove me wrong any time now.

Songs, albums, take your pick.

Wu Tang Forever is OBJECTIVELY better than Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). And the only reason it doesn't get the respect is because of Hip Hop heads retarded way of looking at influential = quality.
>Better and more complex rhymes
>Better produced and far more interesting and ambitious
Sure. It has some filler. But as a sophomore. This album makes so much sense. It improves on everything the first album does.

80s was definitely the high point for punk and alt-rock

>Post your autistic musical opinions and argue with everyone elses.
Isnt this all Sup Forums is about though?

No, you prove me wrong faggot. Every other decade is dull as fuck compared to artistic expression high point of the 80s.

The 80s is the biggest turning point in music, fasion , film. Everything.

Do you hear that sound? That's Iraq calling.

Punk was awful.

If you think cheesy synth pop and every 70s artist taking a quality nose dive making mediocre sellout albums is “expression high point” you do you.

You can always be more specific and provide examples instead of saying “it was just good”

You boys want to take a pass at the undisputed KING of albums released in 2005?

Step RIGHT the FUCK up, then sit RIGHT the FUCK down!

>Engineering and Mixing
Admittedly, there are a few sections where instruments that weren't properly micced get rekt (pour one out for Witchcraft's Flute solo), so I will humbly call it a 7/10 mix job.

>Actual Execution of Genre
BIG FAT FUCKIN' BASSLINES SLINKIN' AROUND HEROIC GODDAMN MELODIES AND DREAMLIKE BREAKDOWNS WITH ANGELIC AND FEATHERY VOCALS ALL COME TOGETHER TO BUST A BIG FAT AND EXCITING NUT INTO A GENRE THAT HADN'T BEEN PROPERLY SEXED FOR DECADES

12/10

>b-b-but Anthony s-said t-they ripped off l-l-Led Zep-p-p-
EITHER PHYSICALLY SHOW ME ANY LED ZEPPLIN TRACK OR ANY SABBATH TRACK THAT SOUNDS LIKE ANY TRACK HERE OR GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY FACE AND STOP REGURGITATING PITCHFORK ARTICLES AS OPINIONS

>Musicianship
100/10, THE ORIGINAL LINEUP WAS ON FUCKING POINT, AND THE TRADING OFF OF PROGRESSIONS AND INTERPLAY BETWEEN THE MEMBERS MADE THIS PSYCHADELIC DREAM FEEL SO ORGANIC AND REAL

IT WAS THE BEST ALBUM RELEASED THAT YEAR BAR NONE AND IT WOULD HAVE FUCKING EXPLODED HAD THE MARKETING TEAM HAD THEIR SHIT TOGETHER

YOU COME AT THE KING, YOU BEST NOT MISS

b-b-but don't tawk about any of deyre waiter awbums or I might cwy

Death Grips aren't very good, but Sup Forums likes them because they're """"""edgy"""""

Not if you understand songwriting I guess :\

music peaked in 1969 and has been declining ever since.

The Queen is Dead
The Stone Roses
Ride The Lightning
Remain in Light
Marquee Moon
Thriller
Doolittle
Purple Rain
Spirit of Eden
Graceland

Some of those are good albums.

Marquee Moon was 77

>You boys wanna take a pass at-
Nah. I’m good.

HEY
PAY ATTENTION TO ME
THAT GREAT POST I MADE HURT MY FINGERS A LITTLE BIT
BLOOD WAS SHED TO CALL YOU PANSIES OUT

John Major God tier Prime Minister for music. Let me check.

Earl is most definitely a better rapper than Tyler, no question
Tyler's diversity and production is what separates them imo

I came here to disagree with people get the fuck out

Lyrics are unimportant to music, as the voice is just another instrument.

How so, and what particular bands / songs were the peak

I unironically agree. Maybe not the most overrated, but it definitely gets more credit than it deserves. It didn't bring anything new to the table, see New Order and Nine Inch Nails. If it included pyramid song and Like Spinning plates, it would have been a better album but they booted that on to a collection of shitty b-sides. Radiohead are only exceptional at guitar based music, their only really good albums are OK Computer and In Rainbows.
>80s were the worst decade
Wrong, 2000s were the shittiest. The 80s actually had some memorable bands and albums.
This is true except for Nas, Wu tang and Biggie.
Yeah, kind of. Exmilitary is way better.
Wrong. It's revolver and the white album

Also, Gorillaz were always shit.

Lyrics do not belong in music. Anyone who disagrees can fuck off back to /lit/.

most of Sup Forums has shit taste.

>2000s were the shittiest
It's true - they really were shit

this is the one thing all of Sup Forums can agree on

thats just wrong,forever has some outright awful songs and very few songs as memorable and good as the songs on 36 chambers.I can understand prefering it,but its not even close

I agree. The last opera anyone cared about was Turandot and that was the 20s. And Puccini was a composer for girls and plebs, albeit a really good one.

d-beat/bootpunk is the only punk worth a shit
excluding powerviolence and grindcore

>/ck

That is not controversial

Do you qualify post-punk or post-hardcore as punk user? I find it hard to believe you could discount shit like the Replacements or Fugazi or Minutemen or Pop Group so easily

Hip hop really is one of the most artistically innovative and diverse genres out there right now, far more than rock and pop at least. The only reason Sup Forums shits on it so much is that everyone here is autistic and doesn't bother looking past trap rap and Brockhampton and Odd Future. Backpacker rap has been the most interesting movement in music since the mid-90s, unironically

And pic related is pushing the genre forward past all the bullshit

those are fucking boring
punk is supposed to be aggressive not crying into a mic
link related, although it might be because I'm a metalfag
youtu.be/wG8R9e8KOs4

What about Lightning Bolt? They're ultra aggressive but almost not in an angry way, more overly joyous

idk dude, when it comes to noisy punk I prefer noisegrind
youtu.be/LKVpQQhkq2E

>outright awful songs
Well. With having double the track listing to 36. It should be expected to have some duds. But the best tracks are easily on par or better than any of the best tracks off 36 Chambers.

New Kanye > Old Kanye.

autistic people are probably smarter than the average person, so op is basically cancer

Well, Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Bjork, Beck, Portishead, REM, Butthole Surfers were all played by Top 40 radio so yes.

These are true

Sure, its very influential and has a few great songs on it...as an album, its one of the beatles' worst

That's right. That's why rap is inherently crap music but can be great poetry. It's in the name...

It's good just not AS good. Just remember that it doesn't sound good to you because you already heard all the innovation from that era being used in new songs. Back then Premier was a God, NO ONE was chopping shit like that back in the day, he came into the scene with some good old innovation. Nowadays everybody chops like Premier because through the years people have learned how to do that and now you hear it used everywhere. You see what I mean? You just don't realize that because you're a dumb fucking millennial.

>as an album, its one of the beatles' worst
How so?

This is more of a question, but it's my opinion. A 7 piece band with a sound engineer/dj as one of the members is possible.

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen
Todd Rundgren - Healing
Steely Dan - Gaucho
Toto - IV
Chick Corea Electric Band - Eye of the Beholder
Nitzer Ebb - That Total Age
Steps Ahead - Magnetic
Bill Champlin - Runaway
etc.

Nice dubs for a nut tier album
11/10

Thom Yorke and the Radioheads' album Kind of Blue is the greatest shoegaze album of all times. You can try to prove me wrong, but you won't because have an advanced form of autism that prevents me from being wrong. Also; Bjork, Animal Collective, Neutral Milk Hotel, Grimes and Kanye West have all copied Thom Yorke and the Radioheads' works.

Destroyer is my least favorite kiss album from the 70s

I love me some Milo but holy shit this album was god awful. Literally the worst album I've heard in a minute sadly.

>Toto
Disregarded.

>King Geedorah >>> MM FOOD
oh my fucking God yes. Top 3 DOOM.

>Toto - IV
First time I see that pop rock masterpiece getting namedropped here. Pleasantly surprised.