Akira

Is Akira actually a good movie Sup Forums? I haven't watched but Scaruffi put it on his best movies of the 80's and I've heard good things about it.

scaruffi.com/cinema/chro980.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_1qRVdIBs
youtu.be/De3cWcjZ0Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=8nCg3D6tnLk
telepathtelepath.bandcamp.com/album/the-light-of-our-love
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>When Sup Forums is so shit you make movie threads on Sup Forums

the plot's a bit of a mess and the ending is inconclusive

good on every other level

However Scruffy's list is a dumpster fire

its honestly fucking awesome i love it so much
the soundtrack is pretty sweet also
youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_1qRVdIBs

Big fan

Great visuals and soundtrack, but the plot is basically incomprehensible without reading the manga
Read the manga then watch it

Great movie but make sure you watch the pioneer dub.

ive read the manga, which is solid. if the film's anything like it then it's gotta be good

you will never be this weeb

>movie titled 'Akira'
>akira is not in the movie
the correct option is to read the manga while listening to the soundtrack

just what are you getting at?

Got to agree with this guy Plot falls apart near the end but it's worth it for the amazing animation, atmosphere, etc. Really interesting film with a lot of good ideas

he IS in the movie, idiot

just for a few seconds

It's the greatest anime film ever made so yes.

Also And the soundtrack is amazing,

really fun characters too

whoa really showed me

The soundtrack is rad. It was one of the first animes I watched, I still like it a lot. The manga is better though

>It's the greatest anime film ever made so yes.

no it's fucking not

It's not even as good as Ai City or Harmageddon

Incredible movie
Perhaps more visually stunning than intellectually stimulating, but hey, if 2001 is considered a classic then this should be too
Bizarre and fascinating story, solid performances from the voice actors, great pacing, fantastically detailed animation that does a good job of integrating camera position and movement in an animated environment
I haven't read the manga but I've seen the movie several times and love it

yes I did

next time avoid making factually incorrect statements

>animeses

Yeah, he appears during the end during flashbacks that explain everything that happens beforehand visually. I think because the film was made when the manga was half finished, that Otomo wanted to accelerate the end and keep many crucial parts of the manga vague and presented through visuals rather than through exposition. It makes for better cinema imo but it will confuse those familiar with the manga.

>Perhaps
Undoubtedly

same can be said of almost every high-budget anime movie with lofty themes

You should definitely read the manga, it's gonna activate your almonds a hundred times more than the movie.

It's extremely good but if you've read the manga it kind of loses some of its luster.
The soundtrack is AAA+ 100/10 good shit.

If this is a valid criticism then we should also ignore virtually any movie with a MacGuffin

The correcter option is to read the manga while listening to Kid A.

It's great.
youtu.be/De3cWcjZ0Q0

>kid A
explain yourself, radioshitter. Why use a mellow-ass post-grunge whinerock album about being a depressed middle-class loser mildly frustrated by a meddlesome society, when reading a manga about mass destruction, psychic enlightenment, body horror, religious fanaticism, the resurgence of tribalism, military superscience, gang warfare, psychotropic drug abuse, youth crime, ultraviolence, buddhism and puberty?

First BLAME! now Akira.

Do you go around recommending this shit to everybody who wants to read a badass, brutal and spectacular manga? Do you get a kick out of ruining their experience with minimalist bleepbloop?

The post-grunge one is OK computer. Kid A has the same themes but it's electronic.

favorite movie, favorite film score
watched it on acid just 2 days ago, great experience
Beautiful animation, cool concepts, and the whole 'rhythm' of the movie is actually built around the score, they made the music first and then molded the visuals around it
It's genius visually too, it's hard for me to articulate why, but every frame is just so striking. The use of colour is gorgeous

the soundtrack is the best album to come from japan
prove me wrong

lol its a joke because of the 'juvenile A' thing in the manga you fucking triggered shitbrained faggots, i don't even listen to radiohead lol
also BLAME is total shit you fucking faggot autist, oh boy 1000 pages of some loser with a stupid name walking around in darkness, so cool and deep
>badass
KILL YOUR SELF

This belongs in Sup Forums because it's an anime movie

Wonderful
The soundtrack is amazing too

>also BLAME is total shit you fucking faggot autist, oh boy 1000 pages of some loser with a stupid name walking around in darkness, so cool and deep
you sound like someone who thinks instrumental music isn't music

>TATSSSUUOOOOO!!! KAAANNNAAADDAAAAAA!!!

Repeat that for 90 minutes and you have Akira

RASSERA RASSERA RASSERASSERASSERA

you sound like someone who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about
blame is all style and zero substance, and the style is garbage unless you're a goth from 2004
akira is 120mins you fucking ritalin victim

Style is substance you 100% absolute certified retard

I didn't include the 30 minutes of breathing between shouting those lines over and over.

lmfao just because you say something doesn't mean it's true, in fact i'm pretty sure someone as fucking consistently wrong could say the sky is blue and it would immediately turn purple to spite you
also you've literally provided zero reasons as to why blame is good, not a single one

As far as animation go, it's the best animated movie of all time. The plot is shit since it condenses 6massive volumes of manga into one average length movie, so shitload of stuff is cut out.

youtube.com/watch?v=8nCg3D6tnLk

wasn't the stronger video an akira tribute?
i mostly remember daft punk autists learning what a sample is for the first time and sperging out

wtf I hate BLAME! now!
wtf I hate Akira now!

It's a Sup Forumsvie

everyone has always hated you

RASSE
RASSE
RASSE
RASSE
RASSE
RASSE

It was a really good Akira tribute as well.

>i mostly remember daft punk autists learning what a sample is for the first time and sperging out
This is even funnier considering Daft Punk's way of sampling things.

>Is Akira actually a good movie Sup Forums?
yes

read the manga, its a masterpiece

cyberpunk thread?
telepathtelepath.bandcamp.com/album/the-light-of-our-love