Anybody have a screen grab of CGI Tarkin and CGI Leia? Also that shot of Darry Vader with his lightsaber would be nice

Anybody have a screen grab of CGI Tarkin and CGI Leia? Also that shot of Darry Vader with his lightsaber would be nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ZSuwZioJFs
youtu.be/8Tgi-j56ueU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best cG i've seen in a movie really enjoyed it

Leia

youtu.be/5ZSuwZioJFs

Grab it while its still up.

looks pretty damn good.

Holy shit how did they do that?

Thanks man! If you find a grab of Tarkin let me know

Holy shit the low quality make it look x100 times better but trust me, Tarkin and Leia looked like ps3 rendered cutscenes in the actual movie

Agreed. Every scene Tarkin was in sucked ass, just because it was so distracting. The first shot with him turned was fine, but the moment he's on screen with another person it just is complete garbage.

CGI Leia wasn't so bad because it was short.
But Tarkin was very noticeable as the movie went on.

CGI Leia was really good, Tarkin was shit

i was so overcome with emotion during the last 5 minutes of the movie (from Vader's scene and seeing the original costumes/sets) and the surprise of her being in the movie kept me from caring or noticing the rough CGI of her face

>i was so overcome with emotion during the last 5 minutes

>OOOOO!!! MEMBER DARTH VADER!?
>MEMBER PRINCESS LEIA!?
>MEMBER TANTIVE IV!?
>MEMBER LIGHTSABERS!?

looks like fucking garbage, no joke.

why do you post like this?

because she had a lot less screen time.

the more the CG characters are made to move, the more you see they're fake. that's why they moved so little which in itself was a bit of a give away but not nearly as much as if they had tried to make them act

why do people have to get old and die ;_;

yeah, it's a joke, your opinion

to insult people

is he the first?

Someone help me out here.
Before they head off to fight and help out R1, we see R2 and C3PO talking about everyone leaving without telling them anything
So how the fuck do those 2 end up on Leia's ship?
She was on there in that escape ship with them the whole time yet somehow they managed to fucking drop by to pick up 2 useless fucking droids in the meantime?
What the fuck

You seriously getting upset over me ripping on a high budget film? It looks so plastic, her moment is unnatural.

>disney has started enslaving the souls of the dead

Their ship hadn't left yet.

Tarkin was so distracting. It felt like they did a little bit of caricature on the model to make it 'feel' extra Cushing-y. I watched some of ANH when I got home from the theater, and R1 definitely made his eyes more sunked and his hair grayer. I think they had him 'overacting' as well, Cushing was intimidating but didn't really pace around that much.

Not to mention I'm still slightly uncomfortable with the idea of bringing back a dead actor. Why not just recast him? Use Wayne Pygram or Charles Dance or something. They recast Mon Mothma instead of using arcane magicks on Caroline Blakiston.

So EVERYONE is leaving at the very moment they get that line because it's pretty fucking important they get a move on, but they (the biggest ship btw) decide those 2 fucking droids were important enough to delay this assault for?
I don't buy it for even half a second.

Because it deconstructs your shitty post and points out what it looks like to others

>It looks so plastic, her moment is unnatural.
men look at her, it's almost perfect
it's true that it's just a moment and she doesn't interact to much to see more flaws but look at that moment only, is well made

90% of people would say it's great

you can't say that it's fucking garbage, maybe not perfect but it's well done, show me a perfecf cgi of this type

Vader fucking up rebels was pretty much the best part of the movie.

Delay? What the fuck are you talking about?

They probably boarded their ship just after the scene cut.

can we all agree the ending scene with Vader slaughtering those rebels was pure gold?

One of the best things I've seen in any of the Star Wars films, easily

>we see r2 and 3po questioning where everyone is going
>10 seconds later someone from the tantive IV crew walks by and tells them to get on board
>2 minutes later they're on board
>ship takes off

Impossible.

bacta tank too

b
a
c
t
a

t
a
n
k

>They recast Mon Mothma
Crushing's a really unique looking man. Mon Mothma is pretty easy to replace on the flip side.

>Literally Polar Express tier

potato quality

Not memeing this really was the best part of the movie.

If they had only shown that at the theater, I would have been just as happy.

it's another actress?

the actress who played her is the same actress who played her in the PT

the original OT actress has to be super old or dead

no

This. Plus Tarkin had a pretty big role in the first film. Mon Mothma had like one scene in Jedi.

What a faggot.

This is like one of the fewest times in all Star Wars media that Vader is actually scary as fuck

The one on the right is from ROTJ not the prequels

Yes. Bretty gud huh?

Clone Wars has pretty good animation desu.

Who did the effects work? It didn't look as good as the Marvel movies stuff (which is by Lola VFX). Although both are owned by Disney so who the hell knows.

I did like how even though she only said one word you could totally tell it was 60-year-old Carrie Fisher's voice

To be fair, the actual guy who played him is not too far off Cushing with a good amount of make-up and stuff

It was the only good part of a 2 hour borefest.

A 6'8 cyborg dude who can choke you telepathically and is pretty much unkillable slowly slaughtering his way towards you is pretty scary.

I can't fathom why he was in this movie. They had to use shitty CGI to have him in it, so he must be very important to the plot, but he isn't? They could have just made up a higher ranking general.

Now that's some darkside shit

Yeah, that's a pretty good base. I'm really glad they decided to use one instead of doing something stupid like Lucas would've done and making him full on CGI or completely hologram.

Nice.

>They could have just made up a higher ranking general.
No. That's something Lucas would've done and we would've hated him for it. You don't just replace important characters in a story because it's convenient.

So they pretty much did a Halo Reach ending, except shittier

Also Vader OP

This scene is the ultimate prequelfag filter.

**FORCE IN ME BITCHES!**

More like MOMMY Mothma, am I right?

Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba also bump into Cassian and Jyn shortly before Jedha gets nuked and make it out safe.

Those pointless MEMBER cameos, man.

is that that shitty south park forced meme?
stop that shit, it makes you look underage

Was thinking this. Shitty youtube quality makes it passable, even good-looking.

not him, but it makes you look childish not him

What age rating is this film? That's gotta be pushing 12A pretty far.

Why did Vader's helmet look so weird?

How is he important? Not every character from the original trilogy is important, tarkin has like 5 minutes of screen time in the original star wars. He is "mr. general guy", being played by a good actor.

Return of the Jedi takes place just 4 years after Rogue One/A New Hope. Women really do age like milk.

>They recast Mon Mothma
Same girl from Episode 3. Top qt by the way

>I think they had him 'overacting' as well

His face was in constant movement, something was always twitching in there, and his skin had that glossy sheen. It really looked like they had his face in formaldehyde and were stimulating it via galvanic shocks. He looked absolutely undead to me - which is true, from a certain point of view.

It's PG-13. Disney pushed the envelope a bit with the fan service, but I'm glad they did. Ratings held the movie back. I bet they had to do a lot of reshoots to avoid that R.

MPAA is a mistake.

She looks like Fiona from Shrek

>what have they sent us?
>Star Wars: A New Hopeā„¢

Jesus Christ really?

I wasn't calling him childish. I was insulting him for getting emotional during a star wars flick because he saw some old shit they brought back.

Shit I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed something off with it

I feel like it was the neck area

>How is he important? Not every character from the original trilogy is important, tarkin has like 5 minutes of screen time in the original star wars. He is "mr. general guy", being played by a good actor.
Wow.

War was hard on her. Would still bang.

Still made you look really childish.

>I bet they had to do a lot of reshoots to avoid that R.

I highly doubt that.

>what have they sent us?
>A better movie.

Which Battlefront game is this?

>Still made you look really childish.

Not him. But he was quoting south park, what do you expect?

@77367877

You don't even get a (you). The movie is pretty universally liked. Go fuck yourself and die, you unloved little cunt.

Jeez that was cringey desu

i love how slow he is. whatever people say they really killed it with this scene.

>is that that shitty south park forced meme?

Not my fault it applies perfectly to these shitty star wars movies. They're pure nostalgia and that's all it's good for.

11 years ago

Wait, that was her voice?? Fuck me, here I was thinking they fucked up because her voice sounded nothing like original Leia's

It's about the only scene they did well

It's more childish to get emotional over shit you liked when you were a kid.

The fact I can use a shitty south park OOOO MEMBER!? meme to tear apart shitty opinions speaks volumes

as long they dont show blood or gore. they can show any kind of violence without getting R

>It didn't look as good as the Marvel movies stuff
What? Marvel's effects look like shit?

They copied the original low budget Vader costume

Why have two of you taken ownership of the post?

>tear apart shitty opinions speaks volumes
But you didn't do that. You just made yourself look childish. Anyway this thread's going to go to shit if I keep trying to reason with you so enjoy your banter.

Utter bollocks.

I actually fallen asleep during the part pn that dark planet where what's his face had sniper rifle.

Woke up at the end when blind mpnk pushed the switch or something.

At least prequels were entertaining in bad way.

This felt like the most expensive SyFy episode I've ever seen, 30 minutes of talking in near darkness on ONE SHIP.

shitty composition, shot framing, and action direction, are timeless.

The charge of the Rohirim is equally as old and doesn't look as fucking shitty

youtu.be/8Tgi-j56ueU

>At least prequels were entertaining in bad way.
True that.

Fuck you Lucas REEEEEEEE

you fell asleep because it was your nap time after you had eaten your chicken tendies, raviolis, and juice box, because you're fucking 8 years old.

if Tarkin had just been viewed from behind with the reflection it would have been really tasteful CGI necromancy. The voice was really good, it was enough

I think they nailed the Tarkin CGI but they should have used him in darker lighting. The light reflecting off his skin was distracting.

>But you didn't do that. You just made yourself look childish.

>calls post childish
>unable to understand it

It's pretty simple to understand user. Even if you haven't seen the SP episodes it's from.

Its hard to accept CGI Tarkin cause he's my favorite character in the series, and I can't tell if they fucked up or not

the special effects in the post you replied to are so fucking good you didn't even realize it was what that user was referring to when he stated the mcu had great effects.

That picture is a de-aged michael douglas.

Do people even remember names of the characters in this?

Jan is the main girl, and robot was K something but that's it.