OFFICIAL GIANTS VS. DODGERS GAMETHREAD

San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers (#2 of 3)

Dodger Stadium
4:05 PM ET | 1:05 PM PT

TV: NBCS BA | SportsNet LA
* also nationally televised on FS1

Ty Blach (LHP #50) (6-6 | 4.50 ERA | 53 K)
vs.
Rich Hill (LHP #44) (7-4 | 3.48 ERA | 87 K)

SF
1. CF Denard Span (L)
2. 2B Miguel Gomez (S)
3. RF Hunter Pence (R)
4. C Buster Posey (R)
5. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
6. 1B Jae-Gyun Hwang (R)
7. LF Gorkys Hernandez (R)
8. 3B Kelby Tomlinson (R)
9. P Ty Blach (R)

Brandon Belt (L)
Conor Gillaspie (L)
Nick Hundley (R)
Carlos Moncrief (L)
Joe Panik (L)

LAD
1. LF Chris Taylor (R)
2. SS Corey Seager (L)
3. 3B Justin Turner (R)
4. 1B Cody Bellinger (L)
5. 2B Logan Forsythe (R)
6. RF Yasiel Puig (R)
7. C Yasmani Grandal (S)
8. CF Joc Pederson (L)
9. P Rich Hill (L)

Austin Barnes (R)
Enrique Hernandez (R)
Chase Utley (L)

phew, glad I didn't have to make one again after yesterday's fiasco.

No Joe Davis edition

>Rich Hill and his legendary batting stance

can't wait

You've never seen the crouch?

His last at bat he changed it up after advice from the hitting coach, but then went back after 1/2 an at bat.

what is this shit doing on my tv

there better be fights

of course i have, that's what i implied.

Who can stop him?!

THE DODGERS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

a bit early there, user.

>BellinGOD

dubs for puig slam

blach is imploding

Fack

Fucking RISP man

SPECIAL

>pwiig
>gold glove

WOW PUIG!
He looked hurt though after that catch

Can't stop the Seager

another double for Seager

>can't beleaguer the Seager

BelliGOD

>BellinGOD

Hill knew as soon as he let that ball go that it was a mistake.

H U N T E D
U
N
T
E
D

>Joc "The Human Windmill" Pederson

>Rich "I can't bunt for shit" Hill

ahahaha

too bad Craw wasn't still on base

Whoever told Craw to try to steal just cost the Giants the tying run.

>jints

such is this year's luck.

>Against PIT Posey hit the 2B ump and cost him 2 RBIs

Weird to be able to pinpoint the exact moment the Giants ended: 9th inning, Game 4, 2016 NLDS.

Nah, it happened earlier than that. Making the playoffs last year was just the residue of having the best record in baseball before the all-star break, followed by one of the worst records after the break. This year is a continuation of that second half, so we can pinpoint it to the break.

If there's a city and team to blame, it's not the Chicago Cubs, whom the Giants still had a good chance of beating in that NLDS. It's the San Diego Padres, host of last year's ASG and winner of like 99999/100000 of the last Padres-Giants games this year and last.

Niggas need to try and get that Stanton contract of Marlin's hands. I mean it's an awful contract, but I can't see a way to shore up the outfield problem you guys have .

As you saw from the NLDs and last night,

the bullpen remains the biggest problem.

>the club isn't the best place best place best place best place best place
What did Dodger Stadium mean by this?

busted

AIN"T

HAVING

IT

>If there's a city and team to blame, it's not the Chicago Cubs
I wasn't blaming the Cubs at all. At the personal level the blame would fall on Bochy, for not going full emergency all-hands and instead allowing the useless bullpen to lose the game.

I think the second half of 2016 was the setup for Bochy's fateful moment of choice (and failure, again imo). One inning to move on - the Cubs couldn't hit Cueto earlier, they were not going to do well against him in a Game 5 - and Bochy stayed with the known dumpster fire of a bullpen instead of asking *anyone* else to pitch.

Bochy's a great manager, the Giants were a great club. Like with the Titanic hitting the iceberg (which in that analogy would have the 2016 ASG being the Titanic setting sail from Ireland), I just thought it was interesting to be able to pinpoint the exact moment everything irreparably failed.

RIP Giants.

is miguel related to carlos gomez?

no

gg trolley dodgers, see you tomorrow - maybe you'll be out of traffic by then.

>At the personal level the blame would fall on Bochy, for not going full emergency all-hands and instead allowing the useless bullpen to lose the game.
Yeah I posted the same words yesterday.

The Titanic wasn't doomed at the dock btw. But the Giants were doomed far earlier than the playoffs. They didn't fail to procure a bullpen in the middle of Game 4, and it sure wasn't Bochy who was at fault for it. The events of Game 4 don't compose the entirety of the end. The irreparable failure occurred long beforehand.

gg trolley dodgers.

-------------------------
Series finale (game #3) is tomorrow at 8:05 PM ET | 5:05 PM PT
>
>

>it's a "Jansen gives up a bunch of singles and nearly blows the save" episode

WE LOVE IT!

gg doyers

gg jints

you made it interesting there at the end.

Loria's a maximum shyster. I bet if the Giants cut him a backroom deal on a tiny slice of the massive Mission Rock project, he'd ship Stanton over tomorrow.

Yeah, we were the ones talking about this yesterday. I think we're looking at the same event but with different time scales.

To use the Titanic analogy, one could say the fateful moment was the striking of the iceberg (that would be the 9th inning crash). But one could also say that crash became inevitable the moment the Titanic was sent from Ireland through known dangerous waters with orders to set the speed record for a transatlantic crossing (that would be playing the whole 2nd half without fixing the bullpen). The iceberg was what sank the ship, but the process that made that impact inevitable was set in motion with decisions made long before.

Either way, it's sad to see the broken remnants of the SS Giants now resting on the sea floor.

Works for me. I just will never give the Cubs credit for closing the Giants' window of contention when it was the Giants who did it to themselves much earlier. The Cubs won that series fairly and deservedly but that's all the recognition they're owed when it comes to this team.