Was it, dare I say, the greatest CGI of all time?

Was it, dare I say, the greatest CGI of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSuwZioJFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To those who dislike it just ask them if they would have prefered puppets of tarkin and leia

Finally after all these years I have become Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ™

CGI Tarkin was far better

What DOS game is this?

Looks like big head mode on Goldeneye

is this from the movie? or ps

i would have preferred if the whole movie were puppets like the dark crystal or labyrinth

Oh my god. This can't be real. Was this actually shown in the movie?

I liked the movie.
really did.

but her face literally ruined the entire movie for me.

Tarkins was fine to good.

how the fuck did Disney/Marvel do young RDJ in Civil War so well, to leia so fucking badly

how did the producers let this screen?

It was horrible. The worst CGI effects I've seen in awhile

This was not the way she looked like in the film at all. Sage this bait thread.

lol @ the nostalgia goggles

is this real?

Furious 7 had a better CG than this.

hey disneyshill.

try lurking on the boards for a while before trying to appropriate our memes. it reeks of newfagness.

yours sincerely,
a memographer

It looked okay but that's a pretty bad still.

looks like shit

it's a shop.

the actual movie look a lot better, but you can tell something was off

Tarkin was great (I didn't even realize that he was CGI until my friend told me after the movie ended, but then again, I might just be retarded). This was awful though.

He's been dead since 1994.

>not knowing Peter Cushing
>not knowing Peter Cushing would be over 100 years old if he were still alive
>being this underage

I genuinely though they found an actor who looked just like him. But yeah, in hindsight that was pretty silly of me.

It amazes me when people don't recognize a CGI effect. No organic CGI creation has ever looked "real," tangible, or seamless. Never. I don't understand how anyone can not have an "eye" for what's real and what was created with pixels by nerds sitting in front of a computer.

I would have preferred they find one human among several billion who looked like the original people, put makeup on them, and then overdubbed them.

HOLOGRAMS BRAH HOLOGRAMS

OOOOOooooOOOOOoOOOoooOOoOoOooooooOoOoOOOOOOO gooooooOOO bAckKkKKKKKk toOOOoooOo reDDDddIttttttTTTTtttttTtTttTtttt

Could Fisher's daughter have pulled it off?

She could've pulled my dick off with those manhands yikes

would have been better than that dogfart CGI mask

Mary Bothans died to bring us this infomercial

Kek

This was best cgi almost thought he wasnt dead

Talked to a friend today who's not a big enough Star Wars fan tk remember Tarkin from Episode 4 and he was dumbfounded when I told him Tarkin was CGI. He said he realized it with Leia but not Tarkin. He texted his friend who watched the movie with him and he also didnt realize it.

Are these people just stupid? Or is it really that hard to tell if you don't pay attention.

He was POTUS from 06 to 08.

What the fuck are you talking about. Call of Duty had better facial expressions than this. It was too cartoony.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSuwZioJFs

Which Robot Chicken episode is this?

Damn, Leia looks like THAT?!

I just realized how obviously they lifted the word "hope" out of the "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope" line.

>We've met before haven't we?

Toppest of keks.

That's fucking crazy man...

The CGI was perfect, but it still felt wrong because your brain knows it can't be real since those actors are dead/old now

or your brain isn't working

Most people aren't obsessively looking for minor details to pick apart so they can feel better about themselves

>how the fuck did Disney/Marvel do young RDJ in Civil War so well, to leia so fucking badly

it looks nicer when you have the actor to place the cgi face over

If it looks like that in a shitty camrip, I can`t imagine what will be in the blue ray version.
Who okeyed this? nobody in Disney gives a fuck.

Good Job you fucking RO hacks. Why did this bitch need to go see Obi Wan a fucking Jedi.

her foster pap knew obi wan before the waaaaaaaaar

When they first showed Tarkin as a reflection in the window, I thought it was clever and that that's how they would solve it. Then they turned on the retard engine

a three foot tall muppet tarkin voiced by frank oz would have honestly been rad

explain what's actually wrong with leia in that screenshot

the camrip going around right now is pretty decent i just saw it

i would never subject myself to actually going to a theater and having to interact with other people

I felt the opposite. His was worse and was on screen too long, whereas her face was only on screen for a moment.

Disney needs to put the black colors back in the pallet.

How about just hire some different people?

Or better yet, just don't make a movie that poses this kind of problem.

Of all the stories you could tell in the Star Wars universe, "Team Diversity steals the Death Star plans" is pretty far down the list of good ones to make into feature films.

go back to rebbit

>Good Job you fucking RO hacks.

>SW canon for 40 years

looks like shit and fake as hell

han the real rogue

should have made a han movie, just Harrison ford going round the galaxy with chewie

if you had no knowledge of star wars and its actors you would have though she was real

its because you know its fake your mind just dismisses it

Honestly I'm not 100% sure I would have noticed myself had I not known the actor is dead. When you know it's plain obvious.

I also missed the two rebel pilots.

>looks like shit
because of what specific features and attributes exactly?

>fake as hell
not an argument

>arguing against quads
leave

because most people aren't autistic / looking at computer images all day

I'm an electrician by trade, I could walk into your house and point a thousand things done wrong you never noticed

Yeah, felt Tarkin was worse because of the length and focus on his scenes.

It looks more like RoTJ Leia you mong

Nice try OP, you fucking dick

if i never saw star wars and didnt know who that coke whore carrie fisher is I would think this is real

han solo is the next anthology in 2018

ITT: autists have a problem with reverting actresses back to their younger, hotter incarnation.

This is way better CGI than scene in the movie

it looks fine for where we are with the technology

I wonder if carrie fisher was paid anything for this

>>if you had no knowledge of star wars and its actors

Then they could have used any actress you dumb fuck. Fact is everyone knows what these characters look like, and in this particular shot it looks cgi dogshit.

Cool false equivalency.
So if a CGI person walked up to you in real life and started talking with their uncanny valley face and retardely over-pronounced mouth movement, you would be tricked by it?

I literally thought they just cleaned up jeff bridges and gave him a shave and some makeup

>kids have all seen star wars

Hey Faggot Imperials,

My name is Han, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day engaged in vile tyranny. You are everything bad in the galaxy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun oppressing alien races because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on Holonet.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon, and a general in the rebel alliance. What have you accomplished, other than "jacking off to holograms of Twi'lek slaves"? I also made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO credits). You are all f@ggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

is that a screen shot from the rogue one game?

Still looks weird as fuck. Why is the lower part of his face made of rubber?

>>Kids

Adults are still the ones buying the ticket

After seeing Rogue One I actually wonder if they will use the same technique to make that young guy look like young Harrison Ford.

And I don't know which I dread more, a "Han Solo" movie where the titular character looks nothing like Harrison, or one where Han Solo is a bizarre CG zombie.

That's the real false equivalency. Obvious CGI would be akin to obvious electrical faults like exposed wiring and missing cover plates.

From my perspective, neither of them produce uncanny valley nor look fake. It wasn't until Sup Forums started pointing out certain things like the lip movements around her 'p' that I could really notice the fakeness.

They did a really good job, but if you're experienced in CGI I could see how the flaws would be glaring to you.

pic related

Why is her face so fucking huge?

Disney is probably the most wealthy production company on the planet and this is the best they could do?

Your brain should be able to immediately tell the difference between natural organic filmed actors and CGI humans created by a computer. If you can't then there is something wrong with your brain. That's why you're so defensive.

they need to scrap this movie like yesterday.

>pic related

Latest generation Jap waifu.

By the way, it's not about "looking for flaws." It's about recognizing the obvious. You probably have autism or something and can't tell the difference between a human face and a CGI model.

using asians is practically cheating and you know it. all rook same.

Small lump sum for likeness and that's it.
Nobody wants to pay her for a pear-shaped meth-addled bodyscan. And her throat-cancer voice couldn't pass for young Leia if they put 40 audio techs to work on it.

i wish they were doing the young Han Solo movie this way instead of a new actor.
Maybe they can do it for the next Indy film

>there's something wrong with your brain!
Whatever loser. My opinion is shared by many people and somehow only a few autists on Sup Forums complain about it. I'll live.