Fast zombies need to catch these dubs

looks like you're too slow

check these

Zombies on bicycles.

the zombies in Dawn of the Dead felt like comic relief

in Night of the Living Dead there was actually some tension

Fast zombies ofc.

zombies in 28 days later were good

Obviously fast zombies. But running zombies are usually a virus. You can bet on them dying out pretty quickly. You just need to hide until they all starve. Slow zombies are more often supernatural. You might never be able to sleep without one eye open. Now THAT is scary.

Fucking this

Can't even run away from them and they can do sweet tricks

>You can bet on them dying out pretty quickly
That only applies to 28 days later zombies.
The ones in Dawn of the dead (remake) are fast as fuck AND are also flesh eaters.

Thats some nice reddit humor I bet you narwhals that bacon too right?

Wait a minute big guy. The ones in 28 Days are also fast AND flesh eaters. What's the difference? Do you mean the ones in Snyder's Dawn are resistant to starvation and such? That would definitely be the worst of both worlds.

>zombie flick doesn't explain where zombies get their energy from or why they don't just die from exhaustion after a few days

That zombie from I am a hero is scary.

What's the fun in finding out? "Oh some scientists did a satanic ritual it's all a punishment from hell"

the 28 days one were shown to be just rabies 2.0 victims.
They don't eat and are just filled with rage and die of starvation.
The ones in Snyder's Dawn are dead, but still eat flesh.

Zombies are and have always been a euphemism

They exhibit the same behaviors and tactics (or lack of tactics)

It's just shit writing. The whole thing looks fake and stupid.

I think the concept of God cursing humanity to be horrifying but whatever you FUCKING AUTIST

Even if God cursed humanity or whatever. Where would the zombies get their energy to be active after days or even a month?

Yeah Dawn of the Dead zombies never die or need food they just kill for keks. They do decompose over the length of the movie which might hinder them.

If God's going to blight the human race he ain't going to make the zombies behave by the laws of thermodynamics. The zombies would easily solve themselves if they needed to conform to human standards.

Classic slow zombies has always this religious "end of times" subtext.
Fast zombies are for atheists.
Pick the one that match your believes.

God cursed the human race in a way to excuse a specific retarded case of shitty writing?

Face it, le zombies is the shittiest normie meme.

It's a flick, why are you expecting kino level writing in a flick?

In real life fast zombies would be terrifying but I prefer the classic slow zombie.

Also I'd like to see a movie where the zombie apocalypse slowly brings about the collapse of society, not zombies appear and two days later society is gone.

No God cursed the human race because he's a sadist. It's not a normie meme it's scary shit and it naturally evolves into a war for resources and shit.

Its flick status makes it more necessary to explain shit. Now if it was a kino I'd let it slide and assume it's their for a reason.

>zombie flick
>zombies stand up and start chasing people
>cringe

smart zombies

imagine a horde running at full speed with guns and knifes and shit.

man slow zombies are retarded.. i dont even know how or why they made them slow in the first place, they wiill never catch you unless you are an idiot, theres a lot of plotholes in zombies

youtu.be/EIZBNSPY0P4

youtu.be/0OxYD2yoq5E

Return of the living Dead zombies. Fast, somewhat smart, and insanely hard to kill.

Who are you cross referencing here?

The African kind are the scariest.
And they are also the most realistic.

Fast zombies don't work outside of snarky modern Frodoshit. It's a meme that needs to die.

Compare a wall of slow-moving dead flesh that never stops vs WWZ's laughable CG tidal wave of bodies. Ridiculous. Slow-movers are infinitely more versatile in horror.

>wait what if there are zombies over there?
>let me call
>ring ring
>zombie straddles by : Uh hello?
>yeah who's the president of the united states?
>uuuhhh Thomas Jefferson?
>hang up
>we're too late!

Oh come on, that's literally just a black dude back there!

>Supernatural

Slow movers are scarier. If they eventually get you, you will have a long, slow terrifying death whereas a fast mover might just rip your throat out quickly.

I will say that fighting faster movers would be more "fun".

Mah nigga!!!FACT!!!

There was a film with fast zombies and they made a sort of zombie tidal wave. It was scary as fuck. Anyone know what I'm talking about

World War Z? God that movie was so fucking toothless.

World War Z, a shitty movie based on what could have been a GREAT TV series for Netflix!!!FACT!!!

Running zombies are a cheap trick (they're basically like animals attacking, or like crazies but edgier).
Slow zombies create stupor, true horror, a sense of doom & total helplessness.
youtu.be/YeVWHUoTEQo

DELET DIS RAYSIS!

That's the one. I couldn't sleep for hours

>the redhead bare-ass chick with the leggings
nghhhhh everytime

Anyone who says slow zombies are cucks

I think it depends on what you want to use them for? If you want character drama bullshit between the humans, slow zombies is the way to go, but if you just want action then fast ones work better. My top three Z-Flicks are....

Return of the Living Dead 85
Dawn of the Dead 78
Zombie 79

!!!FACT!!!

>zombies sprinting around the place

What's the point?

Linnea Quigley was indeed perfection!!!FACT!!!

Can't you faggots do anything right?

Top quality shitpost m8 I laffed a bit

The first act of the Dawn of the Dead remake is the scariest zombies have ever been for me, scared me shitless as a kid.

Slow zombies would get wrecked so easily it's hard to immerse in the movie which assume as a starting point that zombies have already taken over the world.
Perhaps no weapon no violence numales in a few areas could get submerged by slow zombies, but honestly I just don't see them being a nuisance for more than 24 hours where I live.

The reason why slow zombies are better is because they give an impression that you're having a slow inevitable death

gay nigger zombies are the absolute worst.

The unarmed, passive aggressive hipster cities on the coasts like New York and LA would get thier shit competley wrecked, but southern and flyover areas (where most citizens are more heavily armed than the local police) would do just fine.
Shit, just between my brother and my father in law, they've got about half a fucking million dollars worth of guns, ammo and explosives in thier basements. I know my gun nut family would be just fine.

Running zombies are about the taboos of ultra-violence & cannibalism. Immature pleb taste.
Slow zombies? Existentialist fear of never dying with a eschatological twist (literally Hell on Earth). Patrician choice.

>EVERY zombies stories shows that you can't escape zombies even with military-tier weapons
sure, your redneck weapons will do wonders & you'll be fine... for a while.

That's why zombies are a shit idea. Yeah kind of fun for a while.

You want a real horror story. Read about real SHTF events.

What's scarier than a zombie? A starving person using all of their knowledge, skills, and strength to kill you and take what you have.

>triple interrobang FACT poster strikes again

The problem with this is that in most zombie movies there aren't zombies in universe and there wasn't a cultural obsession about zombies. They have to not only have to learn what they're fighting but they also have to learn how to deal with this new menace. Assuming zombies that lived up to their fiction somehow became a thing we'd already have an idea of what they are and how to dispatch them.

Fast zombies are probably more outright spooky than slow but I always preferred slow because they have an inevitable creeping terror to them. They also breed a sense of complacency which leads to greater horrors since you think less of them but eventually either the hordes slowly shamble to you and trap you like an encroaching tide or you make a mistake because of said complacency and the zombies get you.

>I thought you said that if we destroyed the brain it would die
>It worked in the movie
>It ain't working now Frank
>YOU MEAN THE MOVIE LIED?!

wasn't that already a thing though? i think the movie was called Black Hawk Down

Hunger/thirst is genuinely the most terrifying way to die.

I can not think of a more painful thing to go through.

Fast zombies are for dumb asses that wear those ridiculous hats and wear skater shoes

slow zombies are the best. any other monster can give you speed and ferocity. the scary thing about slow zombies isn't the individual zombie, it's the implacable horde. the relative ease of killing a single zombie only serves to highlight the terror of the fact that they will never stop coming.1

guess not

Obviously the running, talking, thinking, indestructible zombies of Return of the Living Dead are scarier. bitch.

classic zombies that are fast

off by one
off by two
off by three

What did they mean by these?

Noice
Do you mind if I suck you off?

wat?

IRL: Fast Zombies

In film: Classic Zombies

If there were fast zombies that didnt suffer from starvation, they would solve themselves quickly. They would be free energy. Just put them on a treadmill and have that treadmill power your civilization. They would generate power at apparently maximum output, forever.

Slow zombies are only scary in non-American zombie films, a large group of shambling zombies would be easy targets for an AR15, one person could take out dozens if not hundreds of those kinds of zombies, let alone if a group of people were shooting

>it was all a dream

Fast zombies. Slow zombies are a retarded concept that sometimes look great on a screen but comes apart the minute you realize THEY COULDN'T CATCH ANYONE AND WOULD GET SHOT INCREDIBLY FAST.

>imagine a horde running at full speed with guns and knifes and shit.
Ever read the comic called Crossed? Same horrifying premise.

Slow Zombies. the fear comes from being completely outnumbered and their lack of humanity.

Fast Zombies could be replaced by cheetahs or something. Just an animal with instincts to kill.

slow zombies

the feeling of being overwhelmed and you can't even escape something so lumbering is frightening

I don't get this.

Fast zombies are just faster zombies, none of what you said applying to slow zombies magically goes away because they are fast.

dread > panic

28 Days Later zombies are probably the most menacing.

>numale

So you are saying you would experience dread when they are slow and panic when they are fast. Even though they could display the exact same behavior, just reach you faster.

I don't really understand your reasoning behind this thinking.

well done

That's some nice edge. I bet you think Sup Forums isn't as mainstream as Reddit.

Definitely fast ones

Whenever I worry about what I would do around a slow zombie, it's funny. Whenever I think about what I would do if a human was trying to eat me, my blood pressure rises and I start literally shaking.

old school horror zombies. fast zombies are more like a gang of niggers from some shitty action movie

There is no explanation, it makes no biological sense

It looks cool so we roll with it

I'm reasoning that it's a fucking movie and how each type is conveyed and the audience experience, not how deadly they realistically would be.

After the fast zombie sequences, all tension is gone because all they cause is a panic. They can't have zombies running around in the background the whole time. Fast zombies have to be killed off or you get no real story development. Characters get to sleep, time to eat, etc. where they can let their guard down and relax.

With slow zombies it's an unstoppable wall always creeping towards you, you can't kill it off, you can't outrun it, the sense of dread that you're always just barely ahead of them. You can't stop to rest or eat, and if you find shelter you'll be overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

If they had an entire wall of fast zombies there would be no movie for the audience to experience.

Fast zombies, it isn't even a contest.

Damn near every movie with slow zombies I feel like it's a joke.

>"Oh shit, I see a hoard of zombies approaching. Better get inside, feed the pets, take a piss, take a nap, bang my girl, take another nap, take a shit, brush my teeth, contemplate life, grab a bat, go back outisde and bash some brains because they're slow and are no threat whatsoever."

Compare the house invasion scene in 28 Weeks to what a slow-zombie invasion would be like.

Photosynthesis

fast zombies = shit films/remakes
slow zombies = classic horror films

Those same fears are there with fast zombies
>when are they going to break through our barriers?
>When is one of them going to bump around until they find out a way to get us and then eat us before we can even get to a knife?

yeah fuck all that ask your bitch how my dick taste

28 weeks later is a pile of shit, opinion discarded