Daily reminder that Ronald Reagan endorsed the assault rifle ban in 1994

Daily reminder that Ronald Reagan endorsed the assault rifle ban in 1994.

Get your heads out of your inbred assess and embrace common-sense gun reform.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Sr6tSZhDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>listening to a man that was a liberal and then used as a puppet by others when he got alzheimers in the late 1970s

????????????

We just want our country to be enlightened like yours, Sven.

>implying an assault rifle ban would do shit

Handguns are far more effective for mass shootings. All semi-automatic magazine-fed firearms need to be banned. There is literally no reason to own one unless you suck at shooting, are insecure about your masculinity, or intend to murder a large amount of people in a short time. They kill far more good people than they protect.

Please don't America-bros - where will we get our guns for the cartels?

>Caring about the opinions of a senile amnesty granting, gun grabbing cuck

Daily reminder any semi-automatic center-fire rifle with a detachable box magazine is an equally capable killing machine to the AR-15.

>pic related is unrestricted in Canada

Is there really no wait time to buy an assault rifle? Unlike handguns?

That makes no sense

It was used to make a deal with the dems, it was supposed to be the last restriction on fire arms but of course that didn't happen

I'm tired of this argument. No shit, the AR-15 isn't the only semi-auto rifle. You're not making any relevant point.

Actually my point is that banning specific rifles or features of rifles will do nothing to prevent violence. Canada has different classes of rifles (non-restricted, restricted, prohibited) usually based on simply the appearance of the rifle. AK variants are prohibited (basically law-enforcement and special circumstances only), the AR is restricted (only to be used at registered gun club, must have permit to transport), while the M14 is unrestricted (can pretty much do whatever you want with it). All of these are semi-automatic center-fire rifles with detachable box magazines with essentially the same characteristics (from a "how many people can this kill" perspective).

All the US media and political focus on "assault weapons" is a fucking joke. Unless you're going to fully ban guns (which will never happen / is pointless because there are so many in circulation), people will still be able to obtain a weapon capable of firing lethal bullets at a rapid rate of fire.

Let's have freedom of speech, but only in the spoken word and not anything electronic. You can write what ever you want using a feather and ink, but anything else should be banned.

embrace common sense speech reform

Gun ban is not possible in America, period. There are over 10 million of them floating around and that number increases quite massively every year. If they banned gun ownership period tomorrow, it would be no more difficult to buy a gun from some guy than it is to buy weed.

Please lead the team to come take them you fucking pussy.
I'll be waiting.

In 1994 Reagan was suffering from Altheimers.

That's why I'm against all semi-automatic magazine-fed firearms. I agree that a lot of gun control enthusiasts are absolutely shit ignorant about guns, and I think handguns are far more destructive in the US than assault rifles.

>assault rifle ban in 1994
Timmy McVeigh killed more than 300 people shortly after. Then we had the Columbine shooting, and after that the DC snipers. Fuck you and fuck gun control. Don't place the blame for this on me and millions of law abiding Americans, we didn't break the law.

Underrated.

Over my and millions dead bodies.

If you'd made the AP Murrah building a bomb free zone and instituted a waiting period on bomb purchases he'd never have attacked. That's why we never have shootings or bombings here, because we banned that shit and criminals are notorious for respecting the law.

topkek, Pierre

Damn it was actually 168 people but ot still happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Sr6tSZhDM

10 round internal magazine loaded by stripper clips. Reloads almost as fast as a detachable magazine.

You can nickle-and-dime gun control all you want but at the end of the day, when you restrict weapons by type, caliber, or any other characteristic you aren't preventing mass shootings - you're just MAYBE lowering the body count a little bit.

Gun control to prevent mass shootings is just a strawman to attack so people can feel like they have some control over the phenomenon and make themselves feel like they are doing something about it.

The only thing that might make a difference is a total gun ban, which is not a solution in the USA both for philosophical reasons (founding ideology) and practical reasons (a gorillion guns in circulation)

>pic related its the rifle used by Charles Whitman in the 1966 U Texas shooting. 14 people dead, 32 wounded. Its a bolt action, one-round-at-a-time loaded rifle, 5 round internal magazine rifle. To ban this you'd need to outlaw hunting rifles.

> endorsed the assault rifle ban in 1994
Nigger, he banned machine guns in 1986. Unlike the assault rifle ban of 1994, that one didn't expire.

Republicans are actually the biggest gun grabbers of modern history.

I'm not saying you can't kill people without an AR-15, but there needs to be further regulation in order to lessen the casualties from mass shootings. As a nation, we already decided that the rights of the second amendment should be infringed to a degree in which your average Omar can't purchase a box-fed machine gun. Some people think that's already too much, some people are okay with where it's at, I think it's not enough.

Manual bolt-action rifles are effective for hunting and revolvers are effective for personal self-defense, while being much less effective for mass shootings. Someone who's good with one can still take out a lot of people, but it's much harder for a young person with little experience, who make up the majority of mass shooters, to kill large amounts of people without a high-capacity semi-auto.

As for pump-action shotguns, I'm still iffy. You could probably fuck up a gay club just as much with buckshot, but it would take longer to reload.

Ronald Reagan was a gun grabbing cunt.

Fuck him and his entire cult.

nobody gives a shit about Reagan. He wasn't a true conservative.

guns are necessary for self-defense and hunting. oh, and you have no argument. get fucked

0/10

> further regulation in order to lessen the casualties from mass shootings

>harder for a young person with little experience, who make up the majority of mass shooters, to kill large amounts of people without a high-capacity semi-auto.

As long as you realize your argument is essentially "lets turn up the difficulty level on mass shooting" not "this will prevent mass shooting". Beyond that, this is purely your opinion, which you are entitled to - but realize that giving up small liberties tit for tat is truly how you destroy personal freedom.

It sets a precedent for further tightening of regulation (as you've cited the precedent for banning machine-guns) eventually eroding the second amendment in small blows rather than one great blow. If you make a law with the philosophy "this will lessen casualties" you are building precedent on a slippery slope. You are trying to find a trade-off between an acceptable amount of liberty loss and an acceptable amount of casualties. This is impossible to do because gun control laws don't directly correlate to "X less casualities" in any objectively quantifiable way, but +1 gun control law = -1 liberty always. You will always be able to argue that you can gain "more safety" by sacrificing 1 liberty. The value of that liberty though may exceed the value of the further unit of safety.

What is especially important is that you may be willing to lose that liberty because you don't value it as much as the next person, so in your mind X safety for Y liberty cost/benefit is totally different than someone elses. You live in a country founded on principles that place personal liberties above collective values.

Reagan sucks. Reagan always sucked.

However Nancy got her foot in the door thanks to her ability to suck. Cock. By the second term she was running shit.

Reagan made all of us cucks.

he also fucked taxes too

He also granted blanket amnesty to millions of illegals. What's your point? That he was a RINO? No shit. And I don't understand the right's love obsession with that faggot.