Flipper, Meat Puppets, Scratch Acid, Daniel Johnston

Flipper, Meat Puppets, Scratch Acid, Daniel Johnston...
How could one man have such patrician taste, yet still make such shitty music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YbgcPB6NS7c
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTe5CIiiQTI
youtube.com/watch?v=-OqsDiRObHg
youtube.com/watch?v=EKtMyPkQtGs
vimeo.com/249694026
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0RuQP0jmv-w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-dMjruMHBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish Nirvana wasn't popular so you could like them

Nirvana wasn't bad, the shitty post-grunge bands who tried to copy them were

genuinely has nothing to do with their popularity. I have no problem admitting to liking popular artists, albums, songs, etc. But Nirvana made literal butt rock. I remember trying so hard to like them but just hating fucking everything about their music.
Grunge as a whole was a fucking mistake

HCP and post punk is way better than grunge

Nirvana are good and Smells Like Teen Spirit is a banger.

Nirvana themselves never gave that much of a shit about the label "grunge"in the first place. They're a punk band, through and through. As for your hangup them, unfortunate.

youtube.com/watch?v=YbgcPB6NS7c nirvana is fucking good

Not a manly punk rocker

>Punks
>Manly
Do you know anything about punk?

The closest one of them comes to masculine is Henry Rollins and even then he's a literally autistic SJW.

Nirvana sucks and Smells Like Teen Spirit is aural poison
I don't care about whatever label you decide to put them under. They're trash. NOFX is a punk band "through and through" but they're still one of the worst bands of all time.
mediocre at best

They're more pop rock than punk. They only had a handful of punk songs

unfortunate, however not my probem.

Punk shows were extremely violent, you had to deal with skinheads, crust punks sect. Henry fought a lot of them and if you watch their gigs you will see tons of fights

This is real punk rock, not your Nirvana garbage
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTe5CIiiQTI

Personally, I wouldn't say handful. And if we extend it beyond Nirvana, he had a lot of punk songs.

you have no fucking idea what you're talking about, it has nothing to do with your opinion of punk you're just blatantly pulling silly shit out of your ass based on stereotypes of stereotypes and cavorting like you have some insight

Punk was never about being a male feminist cuck

it's not about getting fucked up and fighting either

Killdozer is also patrician as fuck

So if a band doesn't have skinheads in their audience they're not real punk? Fucking pathetic.

And those types would have hated Flipper. In fact, I'm almost positive they did.

The other guy said punks weren't manly so I said violence as a huge part of the culture

can somebody redpill me on meat puppets? I just dont see the appeal. maybe I havent listened to them enough? (admittedly skimmed through II and Up On The Sun)

he probably picked out the bands with cool names; also Nirvana sounds like Earth with the drum track removed

>youtube.com/watch?v=-OqsDiRObHg

Violence = manliness
Durrrrrrr

Just saying, nirvana was different to the 80s punk bands

he was pretty good at writing tunes i guess

Up On the Sun is probably the easiest to get into but seriously sit through II. It's a masterpiece. The guitar work, despite being sloppy, is god tier (the outro on Plateau is always gonna be incredible). It's an album that sets a very specific mood and keeps with it all the way through. The instrumental tracks are amongst the best too, specifically I'm a Mindless Idiot. It's just a truly unique album, you can't find anything like it (trust me, I've tried). Also it's a great example of an album that sounds just like its cover.

trying to apply neat little labels to punks like "manly" is fundamentally off the mark in the first place

Muuuh manly angry punk that started with a bunch of fucking transvestites and a svengali

Rollins is an upper-class Washington D.C plant. At least Cobain was actually the son of a mechanic and a waitress and got shit for it his entire life. The worst thing that happened to Rollins was being abused at prep school by some other aristocrat

>Punk shows were extremely violent
Some were, some weren't. Rites of Spring shows in particular were more infamous for the amount of crying that would happen than fighting

>don't label me manly, we are feminine too

try
>don't label me

>Cobain talked about about the rights of women from the perspective of someone from the late 80s to the mid 90s
>Apply current 2010s le SJW boogeymen stigma to him

At least Rollins was masculine and didnt promote a following of male feminists

YEAH BUT THEY'RE NOT REAL PUNK, EVERYONE KNOWS PUNK IS ABOUT ACTING IN THE CORRECT FASHION

Nirvana just had a broader range of influence that affected their sound.

But Kurt was a punk rocker, this is undeniable.
youtube.com/watch?v=EKtMyPkQtGs

vimeo.com/249694026

What does Sup Forums think of this? I think it's a total jam and probably better than the original.

>mfw assblasted Kurt worshippers in the comments section melting down.

Only Rollins actually is unironically a literal male feminist.

He was good at melodies

because he has muscles and stands up for himself? i don't think you actually have any fucking clue what his beliefs are

while flatly calling nirvana a "punk band" is certainly misleading, it's not hard to see why
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0RuQP0jmv-w

Rollins is high test, Cobain is low test

Rollins will help you get shredded, Cobain will give you a smug stare for eyeing a cute girl

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10

i didn't realize this was a cage match, but in any case if you just read what rollins actually thinks without knowing anything else about him you would probably think he was a garden variety 2010s numale

Too right. Henry Rollins is a high-test, shredded, successful musician and independent businessman who's also a male feminist SJW.

Do you not see how that challenges the point you're trying to make?

remember kids punk is all about acting correctly

How and when did all the red blood get drained out of Rollins' body and replaced with soy?

Rollins supports real feminism like this girl from Saudi Arabia

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo

And he's not half as preechy as cobain

oh fuck me after all of that shit now you're trying to argue about who is the real feminist?

Punk attracts the neurotic, manly or not.

also normies who like to wear cool jackets and thrash around to loud music and think it's a clique

user doesn't even know his own hero yet he flaunts about with fervor about "real punk".

in bloom was written about this fucking retard

blathering about "real punk" is a dead giveaway for normies with mohawks

Cobain litterally wrote songs bashing masculinity

Sorry I can differentiate music from personal beliefs with Rollins, with Cobain you can't

Rollins gives way better vibes than cobain

>nirvana and green day are punk
>no actually--

Shut up fake punk

can really feel the estrogen radiating from your posts

OP here
Rollins constantly bashed masculine activities in his music (partying and the like) and even made a song (the title track to a goddamn album) that is meant to highlight the dichotomy between how we view promiscuity between genders. Cobain sucks but if you think Rollins didn't express feminist beliefs in his music then you just didn't listen to it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-dMjruMHBk
keep on swinging

this

I did not get any feminist vibes from black flag, if anything the opposite. Black flag makes you feel masculine and angry and the lyrics are completely relatable

I don't care about anything after

She is called Shirin Neshat and she is from Iran you fucking retard

BUT HE KNOWS NOT WHAT IT MEANS
KNOWS NOT WHAT IT MEANS

AND I SAY YEAH....

Slip It In. Listen to it. It's Black Flag.
The two sentiments aren't mutually exclusive. You can be a masculine and angry person but still have feminist beliefs. Henry was and is a social activist and while not all his songs were about it there are some that are quite clearly that. He usually just used satire and irony to express those beliefs in his music.

Oh okay, so all you need is a shirtless guy screaming angry lyrics into the mike accompanied by aggressive struts and all of a sudden you feel like Johnny Badass, huh?

SHUT UP YOU GUYS NUANCE IS BAD FOR MY VIBES

Slip it in was written by Greg Ginn and its an anti-slut song not pro female song

we know ginn wrote it you just didn't seem to care until you got called on it

What are you going on about?

Black flag= masculine punk

Nirvana= soycore

Clear enough for you?

They're both soycore because Black Flag is babby's first punk

But Black Flag are terrible. Most people only know them by their logo. Limp Bizkit were masculine too.

i don't dude rollins might have a micropenis for all we know

might explain all that anger

I'd say that goes to the Ramones or sex pistols

They are good too but bf is really good in fact most of the SST bands are really good

rip

nirvana is pretty one dimensional. melody was their key but they didn't want to admit it or use it to their (kurdt's) full abilities. unplugged is probably their best album due to the fact that incorporated their best assets.

i honestly mean this as politely as possible since this is fun but it's weird to me that you would be aware of the other SST bands and the wider spectrum of punk in general such yet still have such a dick measuring mentality about the whole thing

I don't know, I use to like nirvana, I feel lied to by cobain.

their debut single was a dumbed down cover song. they were never ambitious, especially when compared to his friends, wife, peers, EVERYONE

Hole is Proto butt rock soooo now. So is PJ. Melvins have been making the same 3 songs for decades. Soundgarden was literally Led Zeppelin Plus Black Sabbath until superunknown (an album they never topped). Alice In Chains wasn't adventurous in any sense. What other peers did I miss that you're incorrect about?

Radiohead's debut single was a cover too. At least Nirvaner credited Shocking Blue

>PJ
>Proto butt rock
get the fuck out of my thread

personally i think love buzz was brilliant, totally transcending the original and running circles around almost everyone else in seattle at that moment, and cobain was lowkey ambitious as fuck, his fame was NO accident though it was more than he bargained for. but whatever

Pearl Jam sucks

fugg i thought you meant harvey

>personally i think love buzz
stopped reading here

That's how it goes with alot of their covers.

Hole were absolutely not 'proto butt rock', POTS is nothing like that

Pearl Jam kept going back and forward but the band they grew out of (Mother Love Bone) was butt rock ish, and the first grunge band related to that (Malfunkshun) was a Motley Crue/KISS type outfit but with a uniquely dirty sound. They weren't much interested in the punk side of it

> Black flag makes you feel masculine and angry and the lyrics are completely relatable
You don't fucking get it you brainlet, you're the type of fan Henry would have told to fuck off, they would have laughed at your bro ass

hole butt rock??? wow ok, maybe that shitty album from 2010 if you squint hard enough. at least we have evolved from a different set of delusion, a nice break from "they copied babes in toyland!!" / "kurt wrote everything!!!!"

>Punk attracts the soy

I listened to the majority of the live sets and he litterally only fights with skinheads or people fucking with the equipment