Industry Plants

ITT We post undeniable plants by the music industry, who've had otherwise inexplicable success.

superorganism

Young Thug

Twenty One Pilots.

Obligatory Lorde/Lana Del Rey reply

Unironically Kendrick

I would say grimes but usually industry plants are talented and attractive.

Clairo, hopefully she does an anal scene soon enough

These are industry plants who popped out of nowhere
All these people have well-documented come ups.

Lana Del Ray. Her mainstream success started when Summertime Sadness was made more exciting with a remix.

Big orchestration to pretend he was independent at the beginning. Grammy nomination before he even released a god damn album. Infamous for stealing others flows and sounds. Most successful plant of all time

Brockhampton, SahBabii, possibly Lil Peep but I feel like he just got lucky.

I only listen to rap nowadays.

I remember first hearing about "Video Games." She played it on Saturday Night Live and the performance was pretty widely hated. But after that is when I started seeing people talk about her.
at least that's my recollection

this

yep

anyone black, all women.
/thread

no lol

What makes you think Lil Peep was an industry plant? He didn't really get any recognition outside of the underground until he died.

Solange

I feel like a record label saw how popular Beyoncé was, and thought that if they made a more political version of her, it would obviously sell, since politics is trendy right now. All it took was paying off pitchfork for that number one spot on the years list.

SahBabii had one popular song and then everybody forgot about him.

>He didn't really get any recognition outside of the underground until he died
>underground

arent plants literally just artists that got signed before getting popular like every single artist before the internet