Best film

This film was flawless from start to finish.

It had no plot holes whatsoever. The continuity was tight. Everything had a purpose and made sense. The pacing was perfect. The acting was fantastic. Nothing distracted you from the story.

This was true kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZ--jsqJEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=L1nBMkYtdOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did Nolan make a 10/10 movie then make a 4/10 movie with TDKR?

WHAT WENT WRONG?

Fuck off back to qeddit

>ironically being retarded

Don't.

DUDE EDGY JOKER LMAO

>A well acted Joker serving as an important plot device to play on a narrative

Sure. Edgy

Batman's suit was pretty lame. The Burton suit was the best.

It resembled Burton's before he had to make it lighter and more flexible in the film.

The Bat-bluetooth goggles were shite.

I bet you enjoyed Suicide Squad

I don't like the mouth. It's too tight. His body looks weird. Its too slim or something.

Here's a flaw, that city isn't fucking Gotham, watch Batman Begins, that's how Batman and Gotham should look.

yeah, it hated how Gotham was Chicago in TDK and New York in TDKR. There's literally no reason not to just throw in a cgi skyline for those scene transitions

That was intentional.

Batman had cleaned Gotham up so much that it wasn't as dark and dreary.

>flawless
>Joker is NOTHING like his comic self, just some anarchy obsessed rebel in his place
>Batman is no where near as powerful or menacing as he should be
>alfred is the same as Joker, someone else with Alfreds name
>still used the shitty tank mobile and added an even shitter bike
>Two face was seriously under used
>There was nothing Gotham about Gotham, daytime shiny window skyscraper shots are a Superman thing
>completely forgettable soundtrack

It gets undeserved praise because of the whole Heath incident. It was worse than Begins and the go-to movie for normie "comic fans"

So, it wasn't Gotham?

>Batman had cleaned Gotham up so much that it became Chicago

much of the dialogue is awful; dent was underwritten and misused; eckhart's performance was inadequate; batman is elbowed out of his own movie; the batman character is misportrayed; bale sabotages his own performance with the stupid bat-voice; oldman's delivery is just embarrassing and his accept slips a couple of times; gordon's ending speech is just bizarre; the whole hong kong sequence could have been cut or rewritten to just take place in gotham; the ending makes no logical sense. probably some other things i've forgotten but i haven't seen the movie in ages

Two-Face was brilliant and underused.

>all complaints about TDK are based in gotham not being gotham because batman cleaned it up

I agree with Gotham bit. Gotham should be a character in a proper Batman movie. Here it wasn't. It came across as New York or Chicago, idk I'm not from USA.

>Chicago
Winrar

>Having such pleb opinions

Joker was a plot device and allegory for terrorism.

Batman beat up nearly everyone. Sorry he's not BATFLECK.

Harvey was used the entire movie. The whole plot of the movie was based around how the Joker changed Harvey Dent into Two-Face.

>complaining about that ending Hanz Zimmer soundtrack

Literally everything you said was incorrect except for Batman's voice. I can only give you that.

Watch it again and pay attention.

youve never touched a woman huh?

enjoy never getting to

>manlet loves childrens' comicbooks

i bet mom is so proud

>Literally everything you said was incorrect
wow, very insightful. i'm convinced

30+ and before I deleted Tinder I had 2000 matches

I'm better looking than you.

Well, batman and wayne do take a bit of a backseat to joker in TDK. Mostly the nolans didn't force as big a distinction between them and most of their story had already been told.

That's a lazy explanation to explain lazy art direction. All of the sudden there is no art deco in Gotham because crime rates are down? It's a fictional city that should be stylized instead of just taking establishing shots of a real city

>cleaned it up

I didn't realize that Batman was an architect capable of removing advancement and character from an entire city.

Agreed, a large part of the appeal is Gotham itself and it's layers that make it like it's been re-built several times but the old city was never demolished each time.

Altering a character completley to push a plot line is weak as fuck writing, Baleman was a weak little shit that would get demolished by every other Batman, and Two-Face is a very different person to Harvey. Stop being a casual and talking like you know shit.

Art deco was mostly a mob thing. People having so much money they literally burned it on putting swag all over their buildings.

>Altering a character completley to push a plot line is weak as fuck writing

this is standard practice in the comics

Only the shitty ones.

>TDK was bad because gotham was filmable

>BATMAN DOESN'T HIT TIRES WITH A HAMMER AND BLOWSHIT UP IN AN IRONMAN SUIT LIKE BATFLECK

Please. Nolan's Batman trilogy always had a sense of realism to them. The point was to take the comic and see how much of that you could put in a realistic setting.

So comics in general.

Dark Knight Trilogy is DC's equivalent of the Spiderman Trilogy which is still the best series of superhero films.

Even 3.

I gave more points than that, it's not my fault you focus on only one although it is pretty glaring as the setting is as important as the actors.

A fair point but the results were bad.

Ebin

>Even 3

Woah now

1 At the beginning of the movie, the Joker inserts a grenade in the Bank's manager mouth. There was nothing holding his hands together or the grenade in his mouth. Why did he keep it there? Grenade fetish perhaps.

2 The joker escapes the bank in a school bus conveniently placed in a gap of other school buses that don't seem to mind another bus coming out of a bank's wall. Since the movie's soundtrack feature voices of kids in the school buses, we know the drivers are not part of his plan.

3 Batman goes to Hong Kong to capture Lau. He succeeds by using a skyhook. However, it is impossible that the Chinese's government would let an unknown/American plane fly over Hong Kong without having it redirected or taken down by military jets.

4 Why Batman didn't kill Joker? He easily kills people in Batman Begins

5 How Batman teleportded to Joker in this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=AZ--jsqJEEE

>how dare you not respond to all my points even though they have nothing to do with your posts

>Since the movie's soundtrack feature voices of kids in the school buses, we know the drivers are not part of his plan.

The kids were in on it

You're making no sense now. I made it clear there was more wrong with TDK than just Gotham, yet your post implied that was my only problem with the film, which is wrong.

It's funny because Nolan is a hack and capeshit is shit and yet somehow those two combined are bretty good.

The movie is all over the place and still manages to have more heart than most of the shit put today.

Really what would you rather watch?
Spiderman 3 or Civil War?

Not even that guy, but way to prove your manhood (look like a loser) boasting about tinder.
And you.
Way to try and put a guy down by implying that touching women is anything that anyone should aspire to and is somehow a lesser person if they don't.
I'm going to insult you by saying I bet you've touched lots of women, and they've all said something to the tune of "ew, get away from me, creep!"

See how easy that was?

Bunch of sad cunts.

1. I assumed because he was shot by the Joker and was in a little shock considering a smoke grenade was placed in his mouth

2. I agree with this. It was a little too well planned.

3. I think this would be possible.

4. Batman didn't kill anyone in Batman Begins. He let Ras Al Ghul die.

5. Bruce Wayne was already at the party. He enters a safe room to put on his outfit and appears in another area of the building. It's shown in the movie.

Spider-Man 3's only real problem was that it was bloated. Just cut some shit out and the movie would be fine

>2 The joker escapes the bank in a school bus conveniently placed in a gap of other school buses that don't seem to mind another bus coming out of a bank's wall. Since the movie's soundtrack feature voices of kids in the school buses, we know the drivers are not part of his plan.
This part fucking pisses me off. What the shit, Nolan?

Lets just focus on the stupidest one for now.

Tombstone

You mean your defense of a boring and completely wrong Gotham simply because it was cheaper? if you insist.

4 No. He killed 30-40 ninjas in this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=L1nBMkYtdOc

5 2:40
Nobody noticed him, how?

>your defense of a boring and completely wrong Gotham simply because it was cheaper?

Well, now you're putting words in the opposition's mouth because you don't want to articulate why you think a different looking city would've dramatically improved the narrative.

>4 No. He killed 30-40 ninjas in this scene
He did not.

they don't show them escaping, and the entire monastery blows to bits. what are we supposed to think happened to them?

hey guys, remember that thread when the DCEU shills tried to realign public opinion against the nolan trilogy because the DCEU will never be anything close to it?

Who said anything about improving the narrative? that's fucked no matter what but it doesn't mean the visuals had to suffer too. As for Gotham looking like a nightmare between time periods it was designed that way to emphasis not only Gothams desperate attempt at rebirth/cleansing and failing (hence all the stylistic clashes) but the bat himself as only a place like Gotham could spawn the bat, which was always in contrast with Superman, his friend and partner, who lived in a shiny modern city that had no real worries.

If Gotham was clean, there would be no bat so a bat in a clean Gotham is extremely wrong, Terminator Genysis John Connor wrong.

>no RACHEEEEEEEEEEL
>guess i gotta kill a bunch of random people and become super badeee heheeheh
>i should help batman with joker since batman saved me 2 times and joker killed my wife?
>naaaaaah soory Bruce heheehe oh and tell you soon its gonna be alright Gordon kek

>If Gotham was clean, there would be no bat so a bat in a clean Gotham is extremely wrong, Terminator Genysis John Connor wrong.

So the idea that TDK is all about batman realizing hes not necessary anymore just slipped right by you?

The entire movie Harvey was sick of Gordon's shit because he allowed crooked characters in his unit.

He wanted revenge on all the crooked characters who allowed Rachel to be killed.

TDK was for film

TDKR was for memes

So apparently Begins had no place either then as that was clean too.

>begins city was clean

Now you're just being stupid.

So you've forgotten what Gotham in begins looks like? shit belonged in a Superman film, not Batman.

I'm seeing no less than six distinct architectural styles without even counting the CGI railway.

>Well acted

>wants revenge on crooked characters
>shoots his batman husbando

10/10

They casted Maggie Glen Halloween.

It had its problems.

Eckhart was bad, Dent was under used.

Needed more diversity. Bruce Wayne should be black, it's 2016

Now compare to an accurate Gotham. Nolan Gotham is Metropolis with a confused Batman. Everyone else manages to get it right though so I guess it's just a normie thing to defend Nolan shit. But we knew this already.

>Well acted enough to earn an Oscar

Inb4 it's because he died

All I'm seeing is a less exaggerated gotham where the sun actually exists.

Am I to understand that's your complaint? The fact the sun comes out?

>being this fucking blind

Yeah we're done. Nolanfags will do anything to protect their meme films apparently.

>they don't show them escaping
>thus they voluntarily stayed in a burning building

Yes, Robin, the only logical conclusion.

>accurate Gotham

so we should assume they ALL got out alive? only a few of them show up in the third act when they come to destroy gotham with ra's. he killed katsumoto at least

Your main complaint was nolan's gotham looked too uniform. You're wrong in every way you can be. Which leaves only lighting.

Not to mention you're comparing actual city shots with minor CGI additions to matte paintings and small styrofoam sets.

I guess that's why /r/movies has it as their top film of all time. Are we being raided? This shit and all those prequel apologist threads are suspicious as fuck. Someone go check reddit to see if they're raiding.

You're allowed to like whatever you want without paying any attention to the other people who like things.

OP here. I never go on Reddit.

I just got done watching it on Syfy. I've seen it multiple times and wanted to make a thread about it.

If reddit has it as one of their top films, it's one of the few things they're right about.

>>If reddit has it as one of their top films, it's one of the few things they're right about.
I don't even hate the movie, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's probably one of the best capeshit movies. Still, it's just capeshit, billing it as a top anything of film demands a basic ignorance of film itself. Being 16 doesn't excuse you from being retarded.

>caring about comics
Go back to your cage manchild

I'm 27. It's a good film.

Is it Saving Private Ryan? Is it Forrest Gump? No, but it does what it's supposed to do well.

Nailing a double backflip is more impressive than failing a triple backflip.

I'm 36. SPR and FG are overrated, but TDK isn't.

As far as capeshit goes this the best one.

So Joker tosses what's-her-face out of a penthouse window and a car breaks their fall after Batman flaps his little cape around for a few seconds? Even if that didn't turn his spinal cord into dust, did he just leave the Joker and his goons up there? He essentially had him trapped in a building and could have captured him on the spot.

Did everybody just walk away from the party?

People probably died, but he wasn't going to allow Rachel to die.

Why does the bus wait for the Jokester to get on before leaving?

Eckhart's performance was fucking cringey, especially the part at the hospital. Really stellar writing that he goes from cleaning the city up to wanting to murder the commissioner's son literally overnight. The CGI burns were also wayyyyy too over the top.

He didn't want to murder Gordon's son overnight.

Rachel just died, and he knew that there were corrupt people in Gordon's unit. He repeatedly warned about them.

Just for shits and gigs I once made 2 tinders (have many facebook accounts), one with a good looking male model and one with a douchy "average" guy with pics of him and his dog and his Subaru etc. guess which one got more matches? The good looking one or the average looking one? The average.

Yeah but its good besides that stuff right?

Like Toby's emo dance scene.

no. it's that stuff that makes it bad

>The dark knight isn't one of the Best films ever because of a few "problems" i noticed on my 4th watch

The average teen Sup Forums contrarian ladies and gentlemen

>4 Why Batman didn't kill Joker? He easily kills people in Batman Begins

This. Batman slaughters pleb criminals just trying to make a buck but he does everything short of committing Soduku to spare a homicidal criminal mastermind.