Man in the High Castle

Why aren't you watching Nazikino Sup Forums?

because it shows the nazis as the bad guys

bump.

Also, Season 2 >>>> Season 1. At least that Fink fuck is finally dead therefore no more boring ass resistance plot.

but nazis are the bad guys.

good goyim

>killed americans
>not the bad guys

because juliana makes it unwatchable

Fuck off. If you WERE who you're trying to convince us that you are, you'd get angry because Nazis are your best friends you fascist IsraHell satanist.

ALSO Hitler's grandfather was a Rothschild.

Sup Forums pls go to bed

How is the show and what's the premise? Keep seeing it around but never bothered to check it out. Might if it isn't just another blatant "nazi bad, allies good" show.

Sup Forums would call me a 'shill'. That's how fool-proof they made their... uh... thing.

Sup Forums is just another Israel-defending COG.

did anyone else get a grin on their face when himmler brought smith up to the podium and they start sieg heiling him? that was fucking intense and comes out of nowhere

>Sup Forums
>defending israel
Please have mercy on my sides

Because I don't need to be told that Nazis=bad for the 10 billionth time, I have The History Chanel to do that already.

Don't believe me? Go over there.

the book this is based on was even worse than do androids dream. i couldn't get past a dozen pages. is the show just as meandering and schizo?

this show does not do that at all. yes the nazis do some bad shit but over the course of the show you get to know smith and he becomes quite sympathetic.

We dislike Muslims more at the moment (((they))) can be dealt with later

One of the main characters, John Smith, is a sympathetic Nazi in some ways, not going to spoil too much but he is basically head Nazi in the occupied US.

They even somehow make Himmler out to be a "good guy" in the tv show.

I honestly don't understand the hate for her character. I've never had any real problems with her. Now Frank Fink, he is just a boring, useless character and I'm glad he's finally dead. Too bad he had to take the Jap-American QT with him. HGis entire plot was him being a dumb retard and doing shit that hurt his family and friends, while being a moody little bitch.

Also, why is this thread devolving into Sup Forums-tier discussion? Can we at least discuss the fucking show please?

So, are all the tapes gotten by the Man in the High Castle himself, or are they all from people doing what the trade minister (Tagomi) did by simply meditating and going into an alternate / parallel universe? What are the rules that govern this anyways, and why are they allowed to do it?

Also, somehow the Nazis have a shit ton of the film reels as well, and it was very much alluded to in the first season that the films helped Hitler win the war by understanding what the Allies did to win, giving him the ultimate advantage or whatever.

Cool then, I'll go and download it later. How many seasons are there already? Is the first already done?

(((Anonymous)))

Because it's fucking bad, that's why.

It's on Amazon Instant, there are two seasons and the second just became available yesterday. I already watched it all yesterday and today.

It's not that great of a show, I'll admit, but it's still watchable, has some nice setpieces, and season 2 is overall a large improvement over the first season in my opinion. The plot is a lot better and more intriguing. Also, you get to see a lot of Berlin this season which is neat. Hopefully we will get to see Tokyo or some other Axis cities in the next season.

was juliana's sisters death just a ruse? or did she come from a different reality?

also what the hell was going on when they kept shooting juliana in the beginning? she said she was drugged but i'm assuming she was just transferring to a different reality or something?

>decide to read reviews for show
>first google result: "Inside ‘The Man in the High Castle’ Season 2: A ‘Cautionary Tale’ for America"
>"Season 2 of the Amazon series comes at a moment when the idea of Nazism in America doesn’t feel as far-fetched as it once did."
>second google result: “The Man in the High Castle” season 2: an alternate “then” only slightly removed from our “now”

If it didn't have the mediation = goes into alternate world shit, this series would be great.

Season 2 wasn't better than Season 1. If theres a Season 3 it wont be any good at all.

kido is based as fuck

>people unironically whole-heartedly compar Trump to Hitler

I wish these people could be sent back in time to Auschwitz so they can learn what Nazis were ACTUALLY like.

>the holocaust existed
kek
I guess for jews, taking all their stuff/money means that they are as good as exterminated.

I'm guessing she crossed over from the reality where the allies won, at least that's what I'm thinking.

What I'm wondering though, is what the hell happened when Tagomi meditated and went over to the Cuban Missile Crisis timeline? What happened to his body in the axis victory timeline, was he just meditating in his office for days unconscious, or is it an instant transportation, and when he goes back to the original reality, no time has passed?

They weren't shooting her, they were using a tranquilizer pistol to knock her unconscious for transportation. Likely they didn't want her to know the actual location of the man in the high castle.

>denying the holocaust

It's like you're spitting on Hitler legacy bro.

He was pretty good. A lot of the Japanese characters are pretty likable. Him surviving that bomb blast was complete plot armor though. At least they made it look like he got fucked up.

PKD sure loves compounding alternate realities

all the books ive read by him have that kind of stuff in it. he must have been really fucked up in the head. the little i know of him makes it sound like he was a disturbed person

>At least that Fink fuck is finally dead therefore no more boring ass resistance plot.
And so is his waifu then. :(

Sup Forums never sleeps sadly.

>i couldn't get past a dozen pages.
Gotta take your ritalin first, faggot.

i can read dry material but dick is on his own level

>What happened to his body in the axis victory timeline, was he just meditating in his office for days unconscious, or is it an instant transportation, and when he goes back to the original reality, no time has passed?
We see his deputy covering for him, so I'm guessing he disappears completely.

have you tried reading ubik or three stigmata?

the only thing dry in those books are the characters, but everything else makes up for it

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, and that his assistant can also do the same thing, as he's from the timeline where he was in Hiroshima or something and decided to live in a timeline where Japan won so his family wasn't vaporized or something, right? Even has the radiation burns on his arms.

Which makes me wonder, how many people have this ability, surely this would be a completely world-altering thing for someone to be able to do, right?

I picked up "Now Wait For Last Year" the other day, any good?

haven't read that, but if you haven't read ubik or three stigmata yet you really need to. i couldn't put those fuckers down.

But it was successful. We're living in it right now.

>three stigmata
got that one at the same time so I'll read it first

The 2 preview EPS released way back before S1 were boring as fuck and the female protagonist was unlikeable as hell. I tried picking the show up again recently but couldn't do it. Is it really worth suffering through S1 to get to S2?

yes. just think of juliana and joe as supporting characters and joe smith as the main character. he basically becomes that in the second season anyway, i think that's why it works so much better than season 1.

Juliana was better season 2. The thing I hate most about the show though is the Resistance. Are we supposed to root for them or something, because every single thing the resistance has done in the show has been fucking retarded. They have tried to kill Juliana like 5 times, but failed every single time. I mean at least the Resistance on the west coast was a little more interesting I guess, but the people in Juliana's story on the east coast were all full retard. It's like why were they even keeping her around if they just wanted to kill her so bad for doing literally nothing?

They are Americans

I quit the book halfway through because it turned out to mostly be a romance novel.

Is the show any more interesting?

I think I dropped first season when it ran after 2 or 3 episodes. Does it get better?

Why would I care about that, I'm not a hitlerboo. The holocaust didn't happen though, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I just finished watching Valkyrie.

I was wondering why isn't there anymore movies about the Nazis pov? It's always the allies and whooping Nazi ass but you never see it the opposite way.

Why can't people commit to shows? I mean honestly, this isn't the greatest show, but it's still intriguing enough in terms of concept and aesthetic. The second season improves on the first in my opinion, but the show isn't exactly high-brow television. The best characters are the Japanese trademinister, Tagomi, as well as John Smith and his family. The worst part of the show IMO is Frank Fink, and to a lesser degree Juliana, but even she has her moments I guess. The Resistance itself could have been so much better as well, I feel the execution of that plotline wasn't very well done compared to the Smith / Tagomi plots.

Just go ahead and watch it, the whole alt-timeline where the Nazis / Japs win is something you don't really get to see much of in any medium and that alone makes it worth watching to me.

>You'll never live in the axis victory parallel universe
>Instead you'll have to watch shitskins rape your country away while retarded leftists keep telling you how fantastic this diversity is

Well at least I can shitpost on Sup Forums I suppose.

They lost so they don't get to write history. Do you thin a movie that portrays germans during WW2 as humans having the same doubts and struggles under their oppressive regime would be a huge office draw?

but what is fantastic about rape

>it makes no sense whatsoever.
How not?

Germans are great at everything, even mass murder.

Seeing as Western Women are at the forefront of this PC bullshit I say fuck them when they get raped by brown men.

Is it me or was like Hitler the total good guy in this show? Like all of these problems happen because Hitler isn't around anymore

what ps1 cut scene is this?

2 seasons and they STILL havent explained time travel

>Trade Minister tps into the future
>Drops his framed photo
>Somehow can take a recording of the hydrogen bomb from the future and bring it to the past

you mean jews

Hitler at least believed in the cause IRL, all his subordinates were just trying to get closer to power.