Why did he call Bane a big guy? He wasn't big

why did he call Bane a big guy? He wasn't big.

for you

He was talking about his penis

In relation to CIA, Bane was a big guy. I think this is what Nolan was trying to convey with the line "For You". I'm not an experienced film watcher though so don't take my word for it. I still haven't fully grasped the themes quite yet.

both very plausible answers

Dr. Erso, I'm director.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

CIA is mocking Bane about crying about extreme pain and being a baby. the original line was going to be "You're a big boy!" but Nolan changed it at the last moment.

Bane?

>you're a big guy
>for you

the "for you" means that in general bane isn't a big guy but in comparison to cia he's a big guy

So did CIA actually survive the plane crash?

Of course

did you even watch past the plane scene

There was an after part?

But CIA isn't even a small guy, and Bane is a big guy in general as well

there are much bigger guys than bane

why is he so smug?
does he thinks he's in charge or fucking what?

Fpbp

as we enter year 6 of Baneposting this question still hasnt been answered.

>5"9 is big

hello manlet!

>He wasn't big
But that's wrong, OP

Is there any thing worse than hotheads?

he said it figuratively, he meant bane was a grandiose man

This thread must be mostly bait, but lately i'm worried that some of you genuinely don't realise what is blindingly obvious:

"If i take that mask off, do you die?"
"It would be extremely painful..."
"You're a big guy!"
"...For you."

"For you" is referencing the extremely painful line, saying that taking the mask off would hurt CIA more than it would hurt Bane, because he'd beat the living shit out of him. Please tell me you all know this, right?

False.

>tom hardy is 175cm "tall"
lmfao

bane has pretty bulky bara bodyshape

>"You're a big guy!"

why did he say that?

literally what did he mean by this?

"You seem like a tough, muscular strong guy, I'm sure you could handle the pain."

does that look like tom hardy or bane to you?

its not the size of his body but the size of his tool

That also makes the "For you" line make much more sense. "No, it wouldn't be painful for me, it would be painful for you to try and take it off"
Yes. does look a lot like Tom Hardy/Bane, ya fuckin dope

for you

pour vous

actually that is a picture of bane you fool, tom hardy is the guy out of character

>tom hardy/bane
its cute you're acting stupid to cover up your mistake, what's your #?

This is one of the most complex elements of the film. You have to truly understand the subtle interplay of dynamism/passivism that's occurring in the scene set to a backdrop of self-evaluation and discovery.

>r*ddit
go back to plebbit

für Sie

he said tom hardy or bane. he was saying that bane is taller than tom hardy.

just joined the thread and i understood that. kys.

para vos

I think you're the one acting stupid buddy

thank you

theres no mention of anyones height in the dark knight rises. we don't know how tall tom hardy's bane is supposed to be. tom hardy's a manlet kys

>all these people treating "big guy" as a physical concept

It is canon that Bane is 6'4 in Nolan's TDKR.

stop shitting up my memes

No that doesn't make any fucking sense

How tall is Agent Bill Wilson?

5'5

CIA is a man hiding behind his own delusions that he is a small guy. For instance his power stance gives off the impression of a big guy. Bane is a small guy as well but wears the mask to make him appear a big guy, in much the same way as CIA does. Stripping away Bane's own delusions would be too much for CIA, who would be forced to confront his own smallness as well

show me proof
i'll take a big, steamy dump on ur memes m8 watch me
>"If I take that off, will you die?"
>"It would be extremely painful"
>"You seem like a tough, muscular strong guy, I'm sure you could handle the pain."
>"No, it wouldn't be painful for me, i mean it would be painful for you to try and take it off"
Yes it does

>being this autistic

Well, congratulations! You got yourself (You)s! Now what's the next step in your master plan?

>being this much of a spastic you felt that thought needed a comment in this thread

that's literally every one of us tho

pic related

ahk, thanks.

You have to understand that comment in its context. The whole purpose of the plane scene was to establish Bane as a powerful antagonist. To do this, he would have to defeat someone the audience already perceives as powerful. Nolan created the CIA character based on Western perceptions of CIA renditions of the 2000s. Most of us heard in whispers about this shadowy organization (CIA) whisking people away in hoods on unmarked planes and doing awful things to them in obscure countries. So in our minds they were already powerful.

Enter Bane. He starts the scene in a hood , handcuffed, on his knees, decidedly not a big guy, while CIA is talking big, making flight plans, towering over the captives, gesturing with guns, flaunting the powerstance, etc.

The turning point comes when CIA crouches down to Bane's level to remove the hood. At this point they're equals. Bane starts proving he's the big guy and CIA acknowledges it. By the end of the scene, Bane is standing tall, crashing the plane, while CIA is beaten and broken, not flying so good.

It is a classic hubris tale that works on multiple levels, making Bane the threat that he needs to be for the post credits scene.

For some of us, things happen in our lives that we can't control and it makes us feel powerless. The plane scene appeals to the big guy in all of us...that even if we aren't in control of the world around us, that we can still feel in control.

But CIA called him big, despite the fact that CIA was bigger

tall != big

It amazes me that it's been ten years since TDKR aired and people still don't understand this scene

How do you go from this...

Or this...

manlets leave

that looks stupid as shit, holy fuck
looks cool in comic form would have looked stupid in movie and wouldn't have fit the very interesting hardy character. by the way what is the source of that pic?

We're really going to have this thread. AGAIN

Better check your head temperature.

> meters

really?