What are some telltale signs of a pleb? I'll begin

What are some telltale signs of a pleb? I'll begin

>discusses anything extra-musical (image, fanbase, personality, etc.) when explaining why they don't like something

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQBh9soLSkI
mp3converter.net/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

t. Pleb

Used to be in a '"""'band''

Disregards an entire genre
Disregards The Beatles

>anime profile pic
>favourite genres of music are Low Fi Hiphop, Vaporwave, Chillwave ______wave and other shitty FL studio bedroom music
>listen to 90% of their music through youtube
>still clinging onto A E S T H E T I C memes about 5 years late to the party
I have such an irrational deep fucking hatred for these people, DIE

Thinks patricianhood is equivalent to how much obscure music one likes.

a fanbase can be a telltale sign why something is unlikable though.

examples:
Tool
Korn
Phish

all echo chambers of tired tropes. it's why people like it and it's why the bands keep making it.

what's wrong with lo fi hip hop? memphis rap is the shit.

only listens to songs where they relate to the lyrics

>discusses anything extra-musical (image, fanbase, personality, ect.) when explaining why they don't like something

he isn't talking about that type of lo fi hip hop

in that case, memphis rap is the genre, lo fi is a term used to describe it

however there is another "genre" of hip hop called lo fi

which is this type of stuff:youtube.com/watch?v=AQBh9soLSkI

like the filthy frank joji bullshit

>guitar sound
"ew i hate country"

"lol what drugs were they on when they made this?"

>listens to most music on youtube

"why would you buy records/cds when everything's online now?"

>has never been to a concert but has opinions on concerts

"what's he even talking about? i don't understand the lyrics"

Based OP exposing plebs from the outset. Whole thread is a honeypot

>echo chambers of tired tropes

there's your description

Not OP, I just agree with OP. All I ask is, at minimum, two criticisms of an artist like Tool, Korn and Phish that are solely related to composition, production, instrumentation, etc. before they're claimed to be bad.

>discusses anything extra-musical (image, fanbase, personality, etc.) when explaining why they don't like something

ah yeah, that shit pisses me off too
youtube compilation listeners as a whole are pretty cancer tho

This used to be a much bigger problem. I think people are coming full circle and understanding patrician really means like music that they like without shame.

Those people that pop up from time to time that question why live albums exist.

people that think i'm a 13 year old girl because i post on here about me liking nirvana are plebs

Why do they exist?

Partially that but also exploring and developing a wide musical pallete - not taste, pallete.

That can describe music that is obscure too though so we should be careful not to swing the pendulum too far in retaliation

>listening to rap/hip-hop
>thinking it is in any way comparable to other genres
Rap/hip-hop is not art, and has no place in serious musical discussions.

This. It's juvenile at best, and if you consider it anything more than a guilty pleasure, you're probably a pleb of the highest order.

Amen

>"why would you buy records/cds when everything's online now?"
That's a legit argument. Digital format is both more convenient and safer to stock. The only reason to buy physical is to satisfy the human need of "having possessions" which can be overcome easily in this case.

>Disregards an entire genre

Found the plebs

>thinks rap/hip-hop is in any way comparable to other genres

Found the pleb

Agreed

>Disregards an entire genre
But that's wrong.

Musical Maturity Lesson #001: Introspect as a Means of Maximizing Success

Discovering and accepting musical biases, and employing your self-knowledge in a way conducive to the discovery and appreciation of good music

>example 1: "I really like 'x' (where 'x' can be a style, instrument, aesthetic, etc.) therefore I will seek out music with 'x' because I understand I am more likely to enjoy them."
>example 2: "I really dislike "x" (where 'x' can be a style, instrument, aesthetic, etc.) therefore I will avoid music containing 'x' for now because I understand I am less likely to enjoy them and prefer to keep my time as conducive to the discovery and appreciation of good music as possible."

It is perfectly okay (and even encouraged) to dismiss a genre of music if you hold strong bias against the prominent aesthetics that define that genre.
To imply that all genres are of equal worth, or that no genre is "devoid of good music" is a sign of both musical immaturity and unrefined taste.

>note: Accepting your musical biases does not mean to become complacent with them- quite to the contrary in fact. By pinpointing what you do and don't like, you can be much more effective in your search for good music by paying closer attention to the descriptions of and content within new musics.
>note 2: It is encouraged to be as specific and analytic with your musical biases as possible- dismissing large chunks of things merely because they fall under a vague or broad term can be a grave mistake, and putting too much on your plate at once with overly wide musical fetishes can be tiring.

You're conflating personal preference with objective value.

Incorrect.

Different user, but you can simply want to support the act

Thank you for posting with a trip so we can filter you

>example 2: "I really dislike "x" (where 'x' can be a style, instrument, aesthetic, etc.) therefore I will avoid music containing 'x' for now because I understand I am less likely to enjoy them and prefer to keep my time as conducive to the discovery and appreciation of good music as possible."

Or you can be open-minded and try to find that style, instrument or aesthetic in a context where you might like them instead of dismissing them completely.

>To imply that all genres are of equal worth...
That's entirely subjective.

>...or that no genre is "devoid of good music"...
No genre is devoid of good music in the same way that no genre is devoid of bad music. And again, that's entirely subjective.

>...is a sign of both musical immaturity and unrefined taste.
No, it's a sign of open-mindedness.

>It is perfectly okay (and even encouraged) to dismiss a genre of music if you hold strong bias against the prominent aesthetics that define that genre.
>...dismissing large chunks of things merely because they fall under a vague or broad term can be a grave mistake...
Good job contradicting yourself. I agreed with the last part though.

Telltale pleb signs?
- Listens to dance music in any context outside of a club.
- Listens to contemporary mainstream "country" music.
- Uses this website or anything similar: mp3converter.net/.
- When you say emo their mind jumps to Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc.
- Listens to many contemporary movie soundtracks.

>listen to 90% of their music through youtube
but what does this have to do with music taste

>Or you can be open-minded
PRO TIP: "Open-minded" does not mean "I force myself to like everything." Being open-minded means leaving yourself the possibility to dislike something and act accordingly.
>instead of dismissing them completely.
Show me all of the great crunkcore, metalcore, and throat singing that I'm missing out on.
>That's entirely subjective.
Worthless statement.
>No genre is devoid of good music
This is patently false.
>No, it's a sign of open-mindedness.
Incorrect, as was explained above.
>Good job contradicting yourself.
Work on reading comprehension.

Good post

>- Listens to many contemporary movie soundtracks.
So?

Okay I mean listening to movie soundtracks is not inherently a negative thing. But there are lots of people out there who listen to MOSTLY movie soundtracks because they don't know what else to listen to. You would know this if you knew people irl.

>PRO TIP: "Open-minded" does not mean "I force myself to like everything."
Looks like you're the one who needs to work on their reading comprehension. I didn't say you have to force yourself to like everything. I said you have look for that style, instrument or aesthetic in a context where you might like it instead of dismissing it completely after your first experiences with it.

>Show me all of the great crunkcore, metalcore, and throat singing that I'm missing out on.
Like I said, it's entirely subjective. If you've explored enough of those genres and haven't liked anything you listened to, then sure move on.

>Worthless statement.
Okay Mr. Objectivity.

>This is patently false.
Again, you're the one who should work on their reading comprehension because I clearly stated in the part you chose to omit that it's entirely subjective.

>Incorrect, as was explained above.
Yet again, you're the one who should work on their reading comprehension because, again, I didn't say you have to force yourself to like everything.

>Work on reading comprehension.
lol

>patrician really means like music that they like without shame.
That's not even close

> you have look for that style, instrument or aesthetic in a context where you might like it instead of dismissing it completely after your first experiences with it.
This reply is nonsensical. You are replying to a post encouraging people to seek out styles / techniques / aesthetics they enjoy regardless of the context in which they appear. Knowing what you like and seeking it out while dismissing things you dislike. Is this really so difficult for you to understand ?
>Like I said, it's entirely subjective.
It's really funny to me that you think pointing out subjectivity has literally any impact on my argument. In fact, it supports my argument.
>Okay Mr. Objectivity.
You are clueless.
>Yet again, you're the one who should work on their reading comprehension because, again, I didn't say you have to force yourself to like everything.
Nonsensical.

You should re-read the post. I don't think that you understood it as well as you think you did. It looks like you're attempting to argue on your gut feeling instead of what was actually typed.

Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, and Between the Buried and Me have all been labeled as metalcore bands. I don’t agree with them being aligned with what most people consider metalcore, but there are good bands out there that fall into that category.

All of those are bad and Converge was on the essential plebeiancore list a few years back.

>letting charts decide what you consider plebeian
Sounds pretty pleb to me

Are you new ?

Lol classic mu copout when he doesn’t have any valid arguments or comebacks. Try again when you’ve grown up and are able to form your own opinions.

I'm asking because I'm the one that made the charts :)

Looks like you're the one who doesn't understand what I'm saying but I'm not gonna waste any more of my time arguing with you because quite frankly, you're an idiot, as evidenced by your replies to the other user.

>whats wrong with listening to all your music at 128/192kbps?
you're a pleb user, sorry to say.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You literally tried to argue against the notion of "find what you like, seek it out, avoid what you don't like." You tried to bring up subjectivity in that argument when quality judgements are intrinsically subjective which makes stating it pointless- the entire premise is already built on subjective evaluation.

You're fucking dumb, dude.

Yo fuck Weebteam!

I’ll humor you. Assuming you actually spent your time making a plebeian-core chart, you’re now referencing your own charts in an argument to spread some dogmatic opinion on what you deem patrician and plebeian. You’re not just a pleb, you’re an egomaniac/narcissist.

Thinking that a wide but shallow taste in music is better than a narrow but deep

>Digital format is both more convenient and safer to stock
you dont know my life, i find cds more convenient in my car than trying to fiddle with my phone

>You are too bold! I don't like that!
This board never changes.

because its fun?

I disagree. Korn's first album was onto something kind of cool. The fanbase is gross and numetal is a joke but that's seperate from the music itself.

Tool's fanbase is annoying, okay, but the music I think is kind of essential for everyone to listen to a few times. I don't like it, but I think they're good.
Phish? What the fuck even is the fanbase? Old men who like jam bands? Lol??????
The point is, this is a music board. We are talking about the music this band puts out. Anything other than that isn't great discussion and is the mentality grimes posters have when they spam her dumb face because "CUUUUTE".

You’re only further proving my point, dude.

He's right, you are a narcissist. You wouldn't be tripfagging on an anonymous imageboard for years if you weren't.

>dude if you don't legitimize my psychologizing with a serious reply you are confirming it

Fun fact: Sup Forums is not an anonymous imageboard.

Sup Forums - Armchair Psychology and Sup Forums-Tier Anti-Tripfag Circlejerking

>listens to any hip hop
>listens to any metal
>most of their library consists of music made after 1986
>they hardly own any physical media (cds, vinyl, etc.)

I'm pretty sure HD videos on youtube have had higher bitrate audio for quite a while now.

You’re delusional too

Hi dad, what are you doing on Sup Forums?

yeah, 192 is the higher bitrate.

Friendo be REKTing some plbs ITT

Very nice.

this and

trip back on friendo

Why would you even bother replying when you know I'm just going to keep making fun of you ? This is like picking on a little kid, I feel bad.

Owning physical media is a spook.

Tool is incredibly indulgent, and there's a strong and jarring disconnect between the aims of their lyrics in critiquing society and their (lack of) success. The music itself isn't terrible, but many compositions go on too long or have minimal inspiration dragged out to great running times for seemingly no reason.

Yeah man, those avant-teens that can name 200 post-punk bands are so patrish

"Sup Forums is an English-language imageboard website. Users generally post anonymously" whoah

Lol you’re replying back to me as well, man. But you’re right; if I had known you were going to be this juvenile I would’ve just let you keep your head up your ass. Get help, Friendo.

Hey retards, the only way to make tripfags go away is not reply to them. It's common knowledge people trip because they are insecure and want attention. By simply giving him attention, even by giving him a (you) to say he's a retard, he will feel validated and get high off the attention. So no more replying. To any of them.

>physical media
that's a pleb sign

yes, way more than the opposite exaggeration

why must you use a tripcode
why are there so many tripfags on mu

inb4 because fuck you I want one

If users generally killed themselves, would you follow suit ? Be bold. Be daring. Be different. Be a tripfriend.

Accountability and filterability, of course. A tripcode encourages a higher quality of posting by nature of giving other users the option of filtering out your content.

If you don't use a tripcode, you're essentially saying that complacent posting is okay.

see

>I need accountability to force me into not being retarded
Why would you try to hide the symptoms of a complete lack of self-awareness instead of trying to deal with the core problem?

It's one thing to say you don't like a genre and ignore it, it's another to discount all music of that genre because you don't like it.
If you think there any genre has 'no good music' you should get the belt out and hang yourself

yeah I think I’ll do that from now on. What a shit response too, tripcodes won’t prevent shitposting at all.

>need
*choose
>force
*encourage
>retarded
*complacent
There you go~ !

>Why would you try to hide the symptoms of a complete lack of self-awareness instead of trying to deal with the core problem?
I am the single most self-aware poster on this board.

>don't like thing
>discount thing because you don't like thing
This is somehow bad ? Why waste your time pretending that these genres --> which you know to be shit from

stop replying guys... you're better than this

you have 0 self awareness, obviously you wouldn't know that, because that is the definition of lacking self awareness, you stupid moron.

Following me around to tell people who respond to me not to respond to me is like being a personal cheerleader with a bad attitude. Just letting you know.

>dude 'x' is true by virtue of being true and if you deny 'x' then you just confirm 'x' haha
Are you familiar with the term "circular reasoning ?"

likes interpol

>>discusses anything extra-musical (image, fanbase, personality, etc.) when explaining why they don't like something

this for sure, I've had people tell me they stopped liking artists because "the fanbase is annoying"

People who disregard entire genres are definitely plebs. You can find good in everything.

>Disregards The Beatles

They suck xD
>hasn't even listened to their albums or just claims that it's shit and refuses to have an open mind

I don't think those people are plebs but they're just annoying. I'm down with anyone as long as they're open minded and not a negative cunt. Be proud of what you listen to and don't bash things for being mainstream

this. My friend told me he doesn't like any music of other languages because he "can't understand them so what's the point?"

my pleb detector is going off

these indieheads kiddies will disagree but I unriconiaclly agree with this 100%. it's because they don't search out music besides the entry level stuff so there stuck with 5 albums for each genre. Once you learn what you like you can fine the thousands of albums of that genre or style and become fulfilled.

listening to music in other languages is what brainlets do to compensate and look smart

>thinking anybody’s going to read this bullshit

>People who disregard entire genres are definitely plebs.
This is patently false. See The notion that "all music is of equal worth" or "there is good in every genre" is untenable and is a plebeian belief.

It's not even a controversial opinion.

Many people have and will continue to.

only a tripfag is capable of this kind of unwarranted self importance