BANDCAMP thread

Hey what do you think of my new band? Please be honest. Share your stuff and rate others

swither.bandcamp.com/track/we-tried

Other urls found in this thread:

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/w-lesie-indygo-very-raw-demo
pleasancehouse.bandcamp.com/
ilovetang.bandcamp.com
rateyourmusic.com/artist/the-tang-1
expandingsponge.bandcamp.com
droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people
droopies.bandcamp.com/yum
dustupmag.com/droopies-fuzzed-out-dark-dream-responsible-people/
rvamag.com/music/local-trio-droopies-discusses-new-album-responsible-people.html
nightloner.bandcamp.com/
blankhellscape.bandcamp.com/releases
tearsofchronus.bandcamp.com/album/bleed-ep-2
subrupture.bandcamp.com/album/one
ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef
deluxememory.bandcamp.com
computerdating.bandcamp.com/
lleuad.bandcamp.com/album/wildered-against-the-gloom
shadebather.bandcamp.com/album/vol-01
middleclasssuburbia.bandcamp.com
maneirosdonovooeste.bandcamp.com/album/s-as-melhores
dustetc.bandcamp.com/album/grinch
jensen-berezovsky.bandcamp.com/releases
dmttapes.bandcamp.com/album/confirmed-fake-dmt-441
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/modern-prayers
perfumeparty.bandcamp.com/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/computer-dating/demos-instrumentals/
toanteam.bandcamp.com/album/a-voyage-16-17
timakatim.bandcamp.com/album/tsctesis-wdhmwhsnrm
joeysdead.bandcamp.com/track/dope-sick-benzo-blues
starsonabedroomwall.bandcamp.com/album/ashley-kansas-ep
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oi, I'll be one of the first (and the last)

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/w-lesie-indygo-very-raw-demo
>Some folk stuff
>Some ambiance in between
>Very raw quality

For some people who have been enjoying my stuff - soon the whole Epiglottis discography will be on the main page again. Only one more album to transport.

>no BC logo on the thread
>this is what you're representing your music with
Literally anything better on a cover artwork would make me want to listen to it. Seriously, put some effort in or else people will think it's a total wankjob. It's so strange how people just cease to care about the album artworks.

I expected rock music and I basically got that. It's nothing great by any means but at least is pretty listenable and the kick-off is pretty nice. Though watch out for that volume in your mixes - might make the whole release tiring as hell.

pleasancehouse.bandcamp.com/

>folk, singer-songwriter, ((electronic))

New album announcement imminent (this is the announcement of the announcement)

This is good for a first single. The lyrics hit hard because I'm in a similar phase of life. Personally the genre itself is a little played out for me but you guys do a good job and the vocal hooks are nice.

>one song.
>slant rhymes and weak vocals
>we tried

Not hard enough

>(this is the announcement of the announcement)
Oi, you can't do that Pleasure House! That's against the rules!
Though I'm happy you gain that money for the new release

ilovetang.bandcamp.com
>dream pop
>power pop
>alternative
Live album now out! Come give us some criticism on RYM!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/the-tang-1
Not a huge fan of the vocals for the style of music you're doing, maybe would be better for fast paced punk or post-punk but this weezer and 90s alt rock sounding stuff is kinda not my jam. Harmonies are also shit please work on them or don't have harmonies in songs cause its usually a it works/it doesnt work kinda deal with that.
rec
Really nice guitar work, feels like a Fleet Foxes and Ally Kerr mashup. Followed!

expandingsponge.bandcamp.com

>electronic
>ranges from math rock to death grips

droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people

>vocals drums guitars
free album codes:
3qx9-ypp3
5gck-bf3s
rkhu-xmll
dnqd-jt5e
redeem @ droopies.bandcamp.com/yum

read about the album:
dustupmag.com/droopies-fuzzed-out-dark-dream-responsible-people/
rvamag.com/music/local-trio-droopies-discusses-new-album-responsible-people.html

>Cover art is "but it's meant to look like shit" tier
>"Any proceeds from this track will be donated to the ACLU"
>Tags: punk indie punk indie rock pop
Not even gonna listen too it. Try harder you absolute numales

nightloner.bandcamp.com/

>noise punk

RIYL Flipper, No Trend. That's who people tend to liken us to I suppose.

Also recently started this project:

blankhellscape.bandcamp.com/releases

>industrial
>noise
>death industrial

Gotta rewrite the rules then
Thanks man. I listened to your music awhile back. I like the Big Star reference, I can sorta hear it. Other than that, great sense of creative melody.

-Pleasance House

Enjoyed the noise punk stuff much more than the Blank one. Though it's a demo and I can't really judge it too harshly I think that there is not enough stuff to fill all the gaps. Also, the sounds could be a bit better. Though that noise punk act is really nice. Kind of wish for a bit more clearer mix since it distorts a bit of the guitar power and makes them sound flat-ish (not totally flat but not too round either).

Posted before I put recs, shit

(into it, sad and pretty)
As for
I appreciate the sentiment you're going for, but I'm not really feeling the emotion of what the lyrics should be. And yeah, wouldn't recommend doing cover art like that again...it's not fantastic. Def sounds like a band that would sound better the better production is. Lo-fi isn't the way to go with your style.

>Please be honest.
I don't trust anyone who shills their music on a blatantly racist and sexist imageboard.

fuck off alt-right

New EP out in preparation for the lengthy new album I'm releasing which returns to the main storyline my older albums followed:

tearsofchronus.bandcamp.com/album/bleed-ep-2

>various genres
>industrial, metal, folk, etc.

Recs:
(good to see you posting again, I'm super stoked about your announcement, I can't wait for the announced future-announcement and album!)
Well, I can say this is definitely more solid than my first few bands. You can write a pretty decently structured song for one, but the lyrics seem a bit meandering thematically, kind of your garden-variety "I'm in my early 20's and lost as fuck" fare, not that that's inherently bad, I mean we've all been there or are there. If you wanna stick out though, I suggest finding more original themes to explore (advice I could stand to take myself)

Solo was pretty rad though and like I said, you guys know how to at least write a whole song with all the parts needed. The guitar melodies are nice, nothing too complicated but sometimes simple is best. If it were my stuff, I'd just suggest working on the lyrical chops and finding more original ways to say what you wanna say, and otherwise practicing those backup vocals (the falsetto is passable but sounds a bit rushed imo, keep at it because working on your falsetto is always a good idea). I mean it's only one song so I can't be sure what you guys sound like in practice so keep it up, try pushing your boundaries and finding your niche. All in all, not a bad start to a new band, as long as your heart's in it.

Yeah, I tend to agree with that. With the industrial act, that demo is mostly stuff from when we started working, and we couldn't really track everything out, it was all live. The stuff we're doing now is, so it'll probably be more full sounding.

And then the punk stuff, long story short we had to record it at a local venue, not in any kind of studio. The guy recording it did the absolute best he could, but there's definitely some muddy parts. I've grown to like the recording, but it has its downsides.

subrupture.bandcamp.com/album/one

>noise rock
>fuzzy production
>melodic

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef
released January 10, 2017
reccc

ITT: PEOPLE THAT DON'T RATE DON'T GET RATED

Okay mom.

deluxememory.bandcamp.com
>breaks and beats

Computer Dating - Demos, Instrumentals
>Slowcore, Indie Rock
computerdating.bandcamp.com/
We just put out these short little instrumentals the other day and feedback has been good so far
I always return feedback
enjoy these a lot, particularly Night Loner

lleuad.bandcamp.com/album/wildered-against-the-gloom

>atmospheric black metal
>lofi
>grinding guitars

rec listened to a few songs from the noise punk one i like it, will most likely download

Oh shit your back! Great opener song goddamn really digging the tones that ride cymbal has got going!!!

Lol i didnt even notice that ACLU bullshit. OP can fuck off with his lolberal bullshit.

Nevermind, I listened to it. Fuck me it's bad. Especially the vocals, they remind of Seth Putnam from Anal Cunt when he sings clean mockingly. Hopefully you get better

u guys listen to the new frankie cosmos track

Oi don't compare that cocksucker to the legends that are Anal Cunt

I was insulting him, not Seth. Listen to the backing vocals to OPs track. They sound like the fucking Picnic of Love vocals

shadebather.bandcamp.com/album/vol-01

>trip hop
>ambient

just sorta fucked around in FL Studio, pretty new to it, would love some feedback.

your music isn't too bad, the sentiment isn't really behind the lyrics though and the production doesn't really suit the music

Please change this fucking cover its atrocious

makes you all look bad so good job OP

Started recording and posting my stuff again.
I've gotten more and more lofi as I've been recording but I'm starting to worry I'm just being lazy now

>cello and guitar
>slowcore/folk
>cathartic endings, recorded on a portable cassette player

middleclasssuburbia.bandcamp.com

this is fucking garbage

maneirosdonovooeste.bandcamp.com/album/s-as-melhores
Probably the best album to ever exist

dustetc.bandcamp.com/album/grinch

>shoegaze, alt rock, death n shit

new albm in a bit

recs
stoked for the new album

i think you mean 2018 not 2017, unless it's a one-year anniversary album

>computerdating.bandcamp.com/
god bless this is amazing 9/10

>deluxememory.bandcamp.com
breakbeat mixed with vaporwave? incredible 9/10

jensen-berezovsky.bandcamp.com/releases

Singer-songwriter stuff. Lots of mixed media like strings, electric organ and multiple layers of vocals, etc.

LARPer - Confirmed Fake
dmttapes.bandcamp.com/album/confirmed-fake-dmt-441

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/modern-prayers

>musique concrete
>no-fi rock
>classical midi

My latest album and my best one yet.

RECCS:

It is so hilarious that you're ripping on this guy for bad album artwork. I won't bother listening to his tunes but its neat and has personality. Definitely cooler than you're dumb low energy shit. Got no awareness dude

perfumeparty.bandcamp.com/
>noise
>dark ambient
>post-drone
>experimental

the good ol' tang boys!
very atmospheric. nice. and neat-o album cover.
litty

Hey this is computer dating guy here, I'd really appreciate a rate on rym if you have a chance
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/computer-dating/demos-instrumentals/
Im glad you like our music!

toanteam.bandcamp.com/album/a-voyage-16-17

>indie rock with some math rock and post rock influence

the production makes it very hard to listen to. Lo fi can be done well but here it just sounds like a muddy mess

What's the music scene like in poland? Do you find an audience for your stuff?

I think this would be really cool with a vocal element. nice noise guitar sounds

bump

yo hello guy from discord. Yea this was v good.

other guy from discord. i like it :))))))))

is there a discord for mu bandcamp artists?

The tape recorder sound is annoying as fuck my friend.

timakatim.bandcamp.com/album/tsctesis-wdhmwhsnrm
Wacky noise.

WTF is post-drone? This is good, though. It takes some stylistic left turns throughout the album, which is okay, but I would like to hear that dynamism within individual songs.

Great playing and recording, but with this style I would like to hear more sophisticated songwriting. Check out MX-80 Sound if you haven't already (they're on BC). Keep jamming.

Oi.

>What's the music scene like in poland? Do you find an audience for your stuff?
For ambient stuff - not so much but ever since I've started singing in Polish more and more I see followers coming in from there. But it's still a very low percentage. Also, I haven't went with that kind of music anywhere yet.

I would say try singing in a lower tone, it would sound better easily.

joeysdead.bandcamp.com/track/dope-sick-benzo-blues
Wrote this withdrawling from heroin 7 months ago improvising and it was a the best part of that experience

>ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef
good stuff got the dark mellow bedroom vibe

i would make one
how about telegram

I remember listening to "Quarry To My Conscience, Vol. II: Relapsus" some time ago and it was great. Listened to the sample track of this EP and it's great as well. Gonna listen to the rest soon.

starsonabedroomwall.bandcamp.com/album/ashley-kansas-ep
>lo-fi
>acoustic