He rates albums after listening to it only once

>he rates albums after listening to it only once

first listen i rate it 1-8, if i rate it 7 or 8 i listen to it a few more times to "officially" rate it

Forgot this
>inb4 why should i listen to a shit album again

>he refuses to rate albums after listening to it only once and judges people who do because he's a faggot who thinks people care about his ratings rather than just using them as a personal catalog
dumb

>who thinks people care about his ratings rather than just using them as a personal catalog
I never meant that.

then why do you care

>he posts frogs

I'm just saying you shouldn't write off an album after first listen as your opinion might change on subsequent listens.

and why the fuck does rating an album after the first listen imply that?
do you only rate an album once and never change your ratings? what kind of logic is that?

>He doesn’t have the IQ to know how he feels about an album on first listen
There has been maybe 1-2 times I’ve changed opinions on an album strongly. That’s it.

>he rates music numerically

You can decide if you like an album or not on the first listen but unless the writing is surface-level you're probably not going to have a full understanding of the album after just one listen. If you're going to label an album with your "official" rating, whatever that means to you, you should at *least* have listened to it twice

My IQ is too high to listen to an album more than once

No one will know but you that you rated it after listening to it several times.

>he rates albums

I rate albums on rym after listening to the first two tracks. Interesting to see how low an albums score with only a few rates drops when I give it a .5 just by listening to 5 minutes of it

this, i just sidestep it entirely

Lmao. I'm not going to listen to the 3 hours of fucking Swans again to fulfill the whole "listen twice" meme.

You get a feel of if you like an album or not on literally the first listen regardless.

Did anyone get it? The EMF. NOW what does emf stand for?

Ideally you should be listening intently enough that one listen through an album will give you an accurate idea of quality. Two listens at most.

Shit nigga I rate an album soley based on the first 30 seconds (tbf if it is a throw away intro track I will skip it).

I rate an album based on how hot the main songwriter is.
For example, I gave 0.5 to the entire Grimes discography.

do you rate based on how hot they were in their prime, how hot they are now, or when they released the work?

How hot they were when the album was recorded.

Yup, good method.