So the other day, someone made a thread asking users to post obscure albums that they genuinely love listening to...

So the other day, someone made a thread asking users to post obscure albums that they genuinely love listening to. Because of that thread, I found pic related, this is a fantastic album. I then realized that the only reason I ever even bother with chart threads is to find new albums. I think we should just cut out the middle man and post obscure albums that we love.
Pic related is Kishi Bashi- Sonderlust

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOvJyoF3Xt8
youtube.com/watch?v=n8cdAsbSyRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Another album that I never see get talked about is Natalia Lafourcade- Hasta La Raiz. Its Hispanic pop with extremely catchy melodies, emotional lyrics, and interesting production values.

So no one on the music discussion forum wants to discuss music? Thats fine, ill keep posting.

One of my favorite albums of all time is The Buena Vista Social Club. It Cuban folk from the Cuban music scene in the 40s. Communism happened and none of the songs could be recorded until the 90s. Album is truly one of the best of all time.

People never talk about Flotation Toy Warning, but it is honestly some of the best indie rock

No one ever talks about blues either, Born Under a Bad Sign is essential blues imo

I am surrounded by others, yet completely alone

1/?
Loki - The Trigger Warning LP

Scottish rap, self aware social/political commentary, mostly sub-par beats but brilliant flow and lyricism.

At start of 2017 mutants were talking about their newest album

2/?
ILEVENS - Transmitter

6 track EP of consistently well put-together, xenharmonic (22-TET) "psych-pop" rock.
Would rec to fans of King Gizzard to hear another approach to microtonal rock.

151a is even better

3/?
oliviaway - is life colorless?

If I was rec'ing oliviaway for other people, I'd probably recommend people start with a longer EP or LP length work (eg dissolve; embrace; lullaby; proximity). But since OP asked for albums I genuinely love listening to, it has to be is life colorless? It's only 2 tracks, but they're by far 2 of my favourite tracks from oliviaway, especially the 2nd track.
Would rec oliviaway, and another artist called Blank Embrace (eg I'm Glad To See You; Lowercase Halo), to anyone who likes Bengalfuel - Sadye.

4/?
Stella Luna - Stargazer

4 track EP, shoegaze, really been enjoying this recently, tracks 1 and 3 especially, great melodic progressions. Would rec for anyone who's into shoegaze generally, and Slowdive more specifically.

>produced by Brendan Byrnes
Of course

What's that record like man? I loved his first EP and 151a but really lost interest after that, saw him live playing the Sonderlust stuff and it seemed okay but didn't blow me away. Not sure if you've heard Paralytic Stalks by of Montreal, probably a slightly different vibe (quite paranoid and dark in places) but he plays on that and does a great job (one of my favourite few records ever and hugely underrated compared to their other records).

I'll post samandtheplants - The Eft. Found it because a few years ago my brother got me a compilation from a bargain bin because he found the name (A Kind of Awe and Reverence and Wonder, 12 Intoxicating Sonic Droplets...) and both were transfixed when we heard his track. The Eft is his best record imo, though In The Scare Shed and Excerpt 12 from that compilation are all worth listening to.

It's like the more accessible songs from Kid A and HTTT but with female vocals

Too bad your thread didn't take off, OP. Sup Forums only likes discussing the same stuff over and over
Maybe if you made it late at night when the toddlers are asleep

Ayy I'm the dude that posted that in that thread
Good looking OP
I agree and second this.
Lighght is even better though (and my all time favorite).
All 3 of his albums are in my top 10 though.
It's more poppy.
The closest way I can describe it, is mix RAM (daft punk), of Montreal, and Depeche Mode.

It's more dancey then his previous albums, but the lyrics are also a lot sadder (having been made right after his divorce).

I think it's his weakest, BUT still a 9.5/10.
Kishi is my favorite artist though so make of that what you will

i post this on occasion. personal favourite.

pic related is my top rated, lesser talked about album.

i love kishi bashi but not obscure in the slightest
every girl in my college has him on their spotify playlists and there was the windows 8-core meme back in 2012

Where you from?

I've never heard him on any radio.
And nobody I know has ever heard of him.
If I hadn't been shown a song of his via Songza I wouldn't have had a clue who he was.

had the most advanced guitar tone for it's time.
released in 69 by some italians

>One of the best selling most critically well received "world" albums of all time
>obscure

Here is a brilliant album that I have came across recently;
>Кoфe - Бaлaнc. (41 mins. New wave). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=lOvJyoF3Xt8

Always been curious of this album though I'd like to listen to Kishi-Bashi's discography as a whole first. I recall hearing of his collaboration with of Montreal on the album "Paralytic Stalks" (one of the few albums I'd genuinely ascribe the status of "underrated" to). I'll certainly put it higher on my mental priority list.

Strange, I've always perceived this album as being particularly popular for an album of its style, seeing it constantly on YouTube recommendations certainly seems to have contributed to this though I wouldn't hold it against the album - its always great to see others trying material that may appear foreign and bizarre to some. Sorry if I'm coming off as pretentious.

Its a shame they seem to get zero attention on this board which is rather odd given that they have achieved substantial critical acclaim whilst being relatively unknown - pretty much key to appreciation on this board. I honestly prefer their new album, though I do feel that it is more what Wolf Parade should have become than a successor to Bluffer's...

I never see anyone on /mu talking about it

Pretty obscure emo band that is really good. This EP is their best work to date

youtube.com/watch?v=n8cdAsbSyRo

alright this thread is just one guy trolling isn't it

Do you like guitar riffs?
Do you like guitar solos?
Do you like juvenile lyrics?

Listen to this ASAP
I love it