Cobain blows his head off after struggling with addiction and depression

>Cobain blows his head off after struggling with addiction and depression
>Layne barricades himself in his apartment and shoots dope and smokes crack until police find his corpse on his couch
>Weiland relapses numerous times, gets kicked out of his band and can barely perform on stage. Dies of a cocaine overdose
>Cornell gets depressed one night and hangs himself in his hotel room while on tour

Why did all the grunge contemporaries meet a tragic end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCyqZAskzr4B7XJv2CBaCcZA/videos
themetalden.com/?s=chris cornell
vocaroo.com/i/s16eFpEkDkh0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they were probably distressed by how shitty their music is

Go back to your memerap

Soon

>that short period where Kurt was thic

>everyone who doesn't like my buttrock likes memerap
Listen, I understand how these acts (if you were alive for this) were a pretty crazy response to the popular music of the time, but by now we should have all realized how bad they were, just like the hair metal that came before them. Listen to the acts that influenced them if you want to hear good music. The music they made, outside of a select few songs here and there, was overwhelmingly trash. If a band like these dudes existed today everyone would call them buttrock. These guys only are revered because (to the public) they did it first.

probably related to drug addiction; they start out using to cope w/ depression but the lows become lower as their addiction progresses. seems like drug use is pretty ingrained in the grunge culture desu senpai.

Totally agree. A rehash of Sabbath/ AC/DC and blues riffs. The only band that did this interestingly was Tool on undertow IMO.

something was very wrong at soundgarden's last show
youtube.com/channel/UCyqZAskzr4B7XJv2CBaCcZA/videos

themetalden.com/?s=chris cornell

ITT: talentless hacks

>Andrew Wood overdoses
>Mia Zapata raped and murdered

>>Cornell gets depressed one night and hangs himself in his hotel room while on tour
I wish I was still this gullible

>A rehash of Sabbath and ACDC riffs
Nirvana? Really? Their riffs were way more punk influenced. Maybe Alice in Chains and Early Soundgarden, but that's it. I'm not even a huge STP fan and they had some interesting riffs.

I agree that from a technical, theoretical standpoint, Nirvana wasn't the most "talented", nor "intellectual" rock band of their time. At times, their music was very primitive compared to other alternative rock bands of their era, let alone the legends imprinted on the fabric of music history. However, to even compare and criticize Nirvana to other musicians/artists, especially to Hendrix and Dylan, would be missing the point entirely.

Nirvana is a PUNK band, first and foremost. Their ethos revolved around passion, spontaneity, and creativity, all jammed into simplicity. They didn't pride themselves on being the most intricate artists (though at times, their music, especially on In Utero, could rival quite a few art rock/metal bands at the time in terms of lyricism), but what they lacked in complexity, they made up for in sheer energy combined with abstract idealism. Kurt had a highly original mindset and imagination, corrupted to dolorous imagery and unmitigated horror. No artist could ever capture the pitiful scenarios he fantasized about, and transform it into a beautifully melodic, yet angry record, that laid the template for music eternally. Kurt Cobain's singing was somewhat of an acquired taste, but still was original insofar he was the first real singer to actually yell melodically, without sounding like a ditz or a moron. Smells Like Teen Spirit represented the apathy and nihilism of teenagers and adults at that time, and managed to achieve what most considered unfathomable: to appeal to both social outcasts/space cadets and the typical, bravado jocks Kurt himself hated. (1/2)

>The Chad Vedder still lives on

And plus, with Nevermind, they finally managed to destroy the superficiality of the glam/hair metal era and in turn, finally gave rise to indie and alternative as the most popular form of rock, beginning a new era of creativity to music itself. If Nirvana attempted to be taken seriously as the new Beethoven or Mozart, or even to simply rival Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles, then they failed miserably as a band. However, if they wanted to grow their passion for music and explore their artistic side more, and reshape rock as a whole for possibly the entirety of the modern era, then they perfectly achieved so.

Judging by your comments, you strike me as a person seeking more technically advanced forms of music, which I understand. You're entitled to your opinion on Nirvana, but at least respect their influence to music history, because a band like Nirvana only comes around once in a generation. (2/2)

It doesn't get Eddie Vedder than this

leave it to Sup Forums to keep alive a copypasta that reeks of being written by a 16 year old youtube commenter. seriously, if this isn't just a meme/joke and people here reading this are taking it seriously or thinking it makes a "compelling argument," those people are incredibly stupid and almost definitely underage/reddit

I appreciate the well thought out response, but I enjoy simplistic, primitive music as much as the next guy. My problem with Nirvana isn't their lack of spirit or "authenticity", it's that they simply rehashed the works of artists prior to them, but made it more boring. That's the first word I would use to describe Nirvana, boring. I'm sure Kurt was a great lyricist, but it doesn't mean much when you can't understand a word he says half the time, when his voice is incredibly grating, and the music itself just isn't interesting enough to evoke any sort of response from me. They have some good tunes, I won't deny them of that, but even their best songs don't match the music put out by their predecessors. Same with all the other bands and artists mentioned here.
I have synesthesia. Music and sounds trigger colors in my brain. It's one of the reasons I'm so passionate about it. Pic related is the closest to the color that Nirvana triggers with most of their songs (although it would have more green and more pastel). It's an ugly, boring color. That's what Nirvana is to me. This ugly green. Pixies, on the other hand, a band with similar elements who were a huge, very obvious influence on Nirvana, trigger such a wide array of colors. Some bright and vibrant, others more dull and ugly, but they're exciting. I have never heard a Nirvana song that triggered anything too far away from this color. It's usually just more brown or more green, depending on the song. So why would I listen to that when I could hear the more exciting and interesting Pixies? Or Meat Puppets? Or any of those bands?

IM STILL ALIVVVEE EYYYYYYAAHHHH!

then go listen to your shitty boring classical muzak, faggot

a junkie dies
no one cries
play stupid game
win stupid prize

david geffen had cobain and cornell killed

why are you so angry

Explain?

henry rollins is my fucking husband i love him

I see a lot of people talking shit in this thread.

>get in the van

Is that a reference to a song of his?

VERY good post

Trent Highlandered them all

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

vocaroo.com/i/s16eFpEkDkh0

his book

Ah, thanks.