Makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xpgF5elKZo8
youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk
youtu.be/kJp-JJjb-oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought zombie Cushins was pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=xpgF5elKZo8

I can understand CGI improving that heavily from 2010 to 2016, but how does it vastly improve like that from 2014 to 2016? Better technology is created in that 2 year span?

FLYNN!

That's not CGI Tarkin, asshole.

Or is it?

That's the joke

Guess someone hasnt seen it

marvel's rdj and michael douglas were pretty good, but they were just layers on top of the real actors.

well with terminator it didn't seem like they gave a fuck.

Just better artist who worked with model.

Jim's ahead of the game

its not cgi arnie either, star tourist

>tfw watching movies at my local theater will always remind me of tron legacy

They've got this cinema intro right before the movie starts with lightcycles racing and smashes into the screen

It saddens me that there won't be any new Tron franchise now that Disney's fully invested on Star Wars and more capeshit.

what's interesting about these CGI real people is that they tend to look good to decent in still shots but really, really bad in motion, while its usually the opposite with CGI.

Cgi Tarkin looked like shit and you know it shill motherfucker.

didn't Crispin Glover do something to stop studios from using someone's likeness like this?

That image is from a new hope you pathetic shill

He did.

fast and furious 7 had a bunch of scenes with cgi Paul Walker... you can't tell the difference for the most part

how long until they put a CGI greta garbo into some capeshit?

I can definately hear that it's Guy Henry behind the CGI

were you childlings even born when they started doing this shit?

not cgi tho

actually yeah, they did use CGI to copy brendon's face onto a body double. it was a big deal at the time.

And won't even sell Tron is the sad part.

Like, you know they're going to let the franchise die but won't sell it off.

And they canceled the TV series which was pretty great.

now compare this to the original

youtube.com/watch?v=p0qLzsIhUMk

See in the first scene it's quite noticeable but in the second it's near-perfect. Damn Disney just had to get the lighting right.

> skin wrinkles correctly at its thinner points
> eyes and mouth harmonize expression
> Cushing's range of facial motion as broad as expected
> head barely swivels and no unnecessary shoulder motion, because he's fucking Grand Moff and he's proper stiff with no need to prove he's not CGI
> eyes sparkle
> voice sounds like a man in his 70s

Guy should have studied Cushing's movements and told the director "this is how he moved, it's how I'm moving, deal with it or fuck off." More and wider mouth movements and let the pixel-pushing pindicks deal with handling the wrinkles.

Also, subsurface scattering is pointless in that kind of lighting where it's dark and all the actors are wearing foundation. It makes skin look waxy AF and stands out.

Also, this scene is nearly all the reference material you need to properly model Carrie Fisher's facial movements.

Modeling a real actor's face genuinely requires rigging their skull, fat deposition, musculature and varying skin thickness. Before you balk, they did this for Shrek in 2001.

Physical contours on their own are only good for stills.

Not even a digital puppet, just an overlay of reused dialogue. They barely had time to produce the episode, keep your expectations real.

Old people are easier to render because you can go over the top with wrinkles and textures. They always look one generation ahead. Try next time all with people of the same age.

It actually is, reddit. It's the CGI version from Genesys.

>Old people are easier
you're presuming the CGI team has life sculpting experience here like traditional makeup FX teams, and even there aging makeups are a specialty with a handful of stars like the late Dick Smith.

Most CGI teams are sadly not populated with enough of that experience. It's easier to de-age Michael Douglas because it's a subtractive exercise.

Its not a question of whether than can do it, hell they could have made Tarkin look 100% real and there's still a problem.
The problem is fucking Peter Cushing is dead.
No amount of special effects can help with that, having a cgi human is gonna break that immersion no matter what.

>The problem is fucking Peter Cushing is dead
Normies don't know this. Normies don't even remember who he was in the original.

How come Tarkin isn't in the prequels at all?

lmao at Lea's disappearing accent.

I know Tron is shit. Legacy, I mean. But fuck, it was beautiful to watch, had a god-tier soundtrack and Olivia Wilde as a qt 3.14

George says he'd have put him in more but well Peter died. Storywise it doesn't make too much sense for him appear until the clone wars begins.

He's in the Clone Wars cartoon and has some good bantz with Anakin.

That's actually good. I'm seeing a lot of people say it's badly done.

To be fair Cushing's quirky old man facial movements must be pretty hard to recreate.

Believe me, it looks like shit in high definition. The animation makes him look like a cartoon character.

Uncanny valley is scary.

He has a cameo in Episode 3 when Vader and Sheev look at the Death Star.

DAHNALD

writing olivia off offscreen would have been far more respectful than this. imagine season 3 starting with tony getting a call that she died as opposed to this cinematic abortion? would have made sense narratively

Don't wave your hanky at me!

i saw this movie today. Tarkin was so off-putting that I was distracted for most of the movie

>Better technology is created in that 2 year span?
Actually, yeah.
But it's mostly money and effort.

>show the back of their heads even after they start speaking
>music builds up as they turn
Fucking embarrassing 1/10 scenes. What a fucking nightmare

>the disc, Donald

A movie with the name TRON and he appears just a few minutes

Tarkin had a couple janky movements here and there but I otherwise thought it looked great

>2000 + 9 x 2 - 2
>watching movies with cgi in them

I'm too inteligent for this

Why did Leia look so bad compared to Tarkin? It literally looked like she was from the video game.

the only good one

?

>2000 + 9 x 2 - 2
> = 2000

??????

>posting the edited Lucassperg version
kys

I thought exactly the same, it's like they improved it for the third act

???

its 2016

I remember there was a book that described how people could watch old movies in the future.

They could pick any movie they wanted and recast anyone in the film with digital actors. If they wanted Arnold Schwarzenegger in the lead role of a romantic comedy, they could do that. Schwarzenegger himself was the prime example used in it. I fear that this may be the future we're heading towards.

I can't fucking remember the name of the book though.

YEAAAAH?

>can make all my movies with nobody but black males

I love this idea already desu

to far?

>2000 + 9 x 2 - 2
>2000 + 9 x 0
>2000 + 0
>2000

>'merican education

uhhh

>no one remembers that the studio financing Gladiator spent $3.4 million dollars to bring Oliver Reed back to life for a handful of minutes
>no one was the wiser because it was so convincing
>this was 16 (SIXTEEN) years ago, when computers were still running on Windows 2000

fucking hacks

You're doing it wrong
>2000 + 9 x 2 - 2
>2000 + 18 - 2
>2018 - 2
>2016

ORDER OF OPERATIONS YOU COCKSUCKER

You sure it's not the Arnie puppet in the hotel scene from the first movie?

fuck you lea, how can you be so dense

Somebody forgot BEDMAS

But what if the most talented actor ever isn't even born? Aren't they missing out on exciting new talents?

>new talents?

More JarJar suit actors?

I'm under the assumption that new talent is still being churned out, and with this process, said talent can be put into older films without having to produce a full on remake.

>ANY movie can now feature black, trans, lesbian, crippled, ++++size muslim individual of unspecified gender as a main character
>all of them can fight white males

This was a book from alternate future in which Hilary had won

LOL,I want to see your face when the electors turn the table on you,it will be sweeeeet.

It's less noticeable in a blurry youtube video, but on the big screen I noticed it immediately and was distracted for the remainder. He looked like a video game cutscene. And not even one of the ones where they mocap real actors like LA Noire. Just a fucking cartoon.

actually looks great

Holt shit, it's really not that bad. And I'm a HUUUUGE critic of CGI, not that this fact means anything.

Did you actually go see it in the theatre?

I went in not aware there was CGI humans in the film. One second after he started speaking I could tell.

Yes, I saw it in theater. I thought it looked strange, and his face glowed oddly, but I wasn't sure how they were pulling off the effect. I thought it was pretty amazing they brought him to life like that. Yes I'm aware the original actor died 22 years ago.

He looked good when his face was obscured, like when he was dimly lit or reflected in a window. When it zoomed in in bright lighting however, his skin shone like plastic and you could tell by the movements of his face that it was blatantly CGI. Good voice acting though

>YOU HEARD HER, DESTROY DANTOOINE!
youtu.be/kJp-JJjb-oc

Wrong Tarkin pic, OP.

Sure they will, little buddy, sure they will.

thats editing not animation

He was great. My wife never noticed that Tarkin was cgi. She only believed me when I showed her that Cushing has been dead for decades.

It looked good because it was used to de age. Much easier than making it entirely out of cgi.
It still had some significant uncanny valley going on though.