Why is baseball so shit?

Why is baseball so shit?
What motivates a young lad to become a pro baseball player?
Why do you watch baseball?

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Wow, that runner must be really short.

The older you get the more you appreciate the sport. It is America's greatest game and I am surprised more countries haven't picked it up.

>What motivates a young lad to become a pro baseball player?
Money/Signing that contract before you're out of high school
>Why do you watch baseball?
What else would I do in summer?

the motivation is the first time you connect. from then on it's basically like chasing a heroin fix, nothing feels better except maybe sex.

Money, for some reason Baseball contracts are one of the most high paying of all.
I guess everything in America is profitable.

I agree. It's a grown man's sport. When I'm 60 I'll move to America and become a professional baseball player. It's on my to do list. Can't wait to dominate the league, only 33 more years, shit's gonna be so cash.

you shouldn't "connect" (=score a goal) at association football then, or you insta-die from overdose

>Why is baseball so shit?
because it's slow as fuck and nothing ever happens. it's also part of America culture, like circumcision, that's why it's stille alive even it's wrong.
because it's the easiest sport to become pro at, baseball doesn't ask for a particular skillset, athleticism isn't even required
nobody here is older than 60 years old, so nobody here actually watches baseball, it's just banter

is MLS like the 'Million Dollar Arm' movie?
as in if I can throw the ball really fast I get a 29m contract and get to snort coke and spit roast latina whores with A-Rod? is that really how youngsters get drafted?

Good factual post

>is MLS like the 'Million Dollar Arm' movie?
Not really. IIRC, in that movie the guys both threw 90mph. That's nice, but not enough to get you a 29 million dollar contract. You'd probably get into the minor leagues though.

>is that really how youngsters get drafted?
Kind of. If a high school pitcher is throwing like 95, then he's probably getting drafted, but there's no guarantee he's reaching the pros. There are a handful of pitchers in the pros who make their living entirely on their fastball (Chapman, for example, can throw 102), but it's a gimmick that can backfire horribly on them and they don't have too much stamina because of how hard it is to throw that fast for very long.

>you shouldn't "connect" (=score a goal) at association football then
Do you think soccer players don't get that feeling when they score a goal?

>Checks flag

Hi twain

You're crazy if you think kids grow up wanting to play baseball because it pays better than other sports. The most popular sport in the US is football and they get paid next to nothing when you compare them to basketball/baseball.

Why would anybody complain about Baseball when there's even more people that watch a far shittier sport called Cricket?

In all honesty, Baseball is the only sport that deserves to be called sport.

I'll just leave this here Akeem.

At their cores, baseball and cricket are fairly similar in the sense that they rely on the simply joy of whacking something with a bat and the way they test the patience of everyone who watches.

it's fun. I still play softball, which is the fat lazy version.

it's comfy as fuck

Baseball is a thinking man's sport. You to be able to enjoy looking at numbers and appreciating statistical rarities to really understand it.

Yuros are scared and confused by advanced statistics in sports so I can see why there's a barrier for them.

Baseball is a fun game to play.
MLB players get paid the most out of any athletes, i dont think they give a fuck about ratings or stadium attendance.

>You to be able to enjoy looking at numbers and appreciating statistical rarities to really understand it.
No you don't, fuck off nerd.

yeah, as I've become more of a fan I find that I really enjoy the defensive side of things; a great catch or double play is about as satisfying as a good hit.

Baseball attendance is great though

1. NFL: 68,000
2. Bundesliga (German soccer): 42,000
3. Premier League (English soccer): 36,000
4. Major League Baseball: 30,000
5. Nippon Professional Baseball (Jap baseball): 29,000

For me, it's the battery fighting the batter.

*those are the top 5 average attendances for sports leagues around the world

Baseballs popularity took a hit with the steroid scandles and the rise of the NFL, but its still like woven into american culture. Lots of great baseball movies, and sometimes workplaces will make their own softball leagues. It is a fun game to play.
A thing people dont mention is that baseball has a leg up on the NFL globally, baseball is very popular in east asia, japan, korea, taiwan. And in certian parts of south america and the carabbian. NFL is only popular in america. I think the MLB is the actual most racially diverse league, people say its white as fuck, but like there are latinos, niggers, and even asians, compared to the NBA which is like 95% nigger.
Baseball players also get paid a shitload of money

>they give a fuck about ratings or stadium attendance.

What the fuck are you talking about? Baseball is such a profitable sport precisely because it's total attendance in a year absolutely eclipses every other sport on the planet.

That only happens in Philly.

I wouldn't say it's that popular in South Korea. Their baseball league's average attendance is only like 10,000 per game. It's definitely huge in Japan, Cuba, Venezuela, etc. though.

Not in the Philadelphia way. I mean the human way.

One of the beauties of baseball is that it's the only Big Four sport in America not constrained by time. Our ADD millennial generation and generation to come have such bad ADD from watching other sports that they can't appreciate the relaxed pace of baseball.

I'm a big fan of elite defensive catchers and outfielders who can throw out the best of runners. t. Red Sox fan, it's why Christian Vazquez and Jackie Bradley Jr. are my favorite players despite the fact that Vazquez can't hit worth a damn and Bradley is incredibly streaky at the plate.

Baseball is definitely the most racially diverse. Actually matches up pretty well with real American demographics, although latinos are slightly over-represented (25% of MLB but only 17% of the US population).

>Baseball is definitely the most racially diverse.
ESPN please go

Top tier shitpost

No its actually difficult to become a major league pitcher. You have to be extremely consistent, have the endurance to throw 92+ mph balls (which at that speed literally destroy your arm, which is why there is a pitching rotation), and have the ability to hit that speed every time. There are exceptions, for example Bartolo Colon is a fat fuck yet was a great pitcher LAST YEAR because he had such insane control over his pitch that he could easily just place it wherever he wanted.

What's "ESPN" about that? It's a fact.

Baseball actually very closely matches the racial statistics of America.

I think he got mad simply by race being brought up, probably because the "sports media" like E!SPIN makes a big deal about race in sports.

Reminder that Einstein said it is the king of sports.

(((Einstein)))

not surprising from a kike to like a kike's "sport"

5.5/10. Slow start but good finish

Cricket is more entertaining. It has far more depth than baseball

Espn probably complains it's too white

Is laying flat on the ground the best way to handle a bee swarm?

Maybe they're not a nigger or don't want guaranteed concussions. I mean if I had the talent to play any sport, I'd likely choose baseball. Pretty easy going sport if you that's what you want to be. Seems like stars always are going into their late 30s usually. If you want to be a try hard diving into bases headfirst, then you can do that too. You don't need to look like some Adonis to play either so not much work besides the fun parts of actually playing on the field. Seems like a good gig. If you want more fame and glory, then yeah, you want to risk your life playing in the NFL or something.