This is the man responsible for the Mac DeMarco wannabes & arthoe musicians walking around today

This is the man responsible for the Mac DeMarco wannabes & arthoe musicians walking around today

It wouldn't exist without his shitty chillwave hipster throwback music.

Fuck him.

but John Maus..

what about him?

>reddit spacing
>shitting on based Ariel Rosenberg
No, fuck YOU

i agree
ariel pink is the lil b/spaceghostpurrp of indie music

the originators have good music but the followers suck in every department, I hate the new soy boy grease mac demarco wave

hypnagogic pop had some gems though which was cool

Ariel Pink and Mac DeMarco are both great.

Ariel is one of the greatest songwriters of the 2000s+ and has yet to release a bad album.

Wouldnt mac demarco be the one directly responsible for the mac demarco wannabes? Also isnt tumblr responsible for art hoes? Tumblr doesnt into Ariel pink bc he's problematic.

I hardly see art hoes go on about ariel pink.. Sure he may have influenced that whole indie lo fi chill wave bullshit or whatever but he's been making music for years and I didn't see the prominent wave of art hoe aesthetic until demarco got big.

Everyone I know who listens to this bonehead is a completely obnoxious hipster with zero self awareness.

literally who and why does he wear a wig

reverbcore is irrelevant anyway

i literally prefer art hoes to just normie girls though. art hoes are at least open to different kinds of music, despite being total bandwagoners.

You should be embarrassed for just discovering what hypnogogic pop is let alone making a thread to bitch about. Ariel Pink is at least more original than any shit-tier indie folk you listen to, kid

"Art hoes" listen mostly to mainstream hip-hop

Source: I live right near Wesleyan University

>this is the man responsible for Mac DeMarco wannabes
>not Mac DeMarco

Mate

Well... as far as hypnagogic-stuff goes, you can go much back than Ariel Pink.

I agree with el señor.

Personally, I think Pink peaked in Mature Themes and Demarco on Salad Days and now we got a "movement" in retreat, but well, these guys are the most legit and poppy hypnagogia has left. There are tons of bands nowadays with that sound, and for me too, it's annoying music for a clothes shop. I suppose time will give us some perspective about which musicians where authentic explorations of this aesthetic and which ones where quick cash-ins. It's a lot like grunge in 1993. The style exploded and everyone was doing it: the signal that it was actually dying.

>original
>= good
wrong

No one trying to replicate mgmt in the music scene there?

Mac Demarco ripped off Ariel Pink and Conman Mockasin but his teenage fans think he invented his “sound”
>ie: song with jangly guitars
>”wow this song sounds like Mac demarco!”

Ariel Pink is really creative and is probably one of the most important musicians of our generation desu

have you heard when you die by mgmt? He wrote that shit, really good song senpai

>ariel pink is the lil b/spaceghostpurrp of indie music
Imagine being this wrong.
They don't because he's "problematic" in their eyes over some stuff he's said and been accused of.
>Ariel Pink
>jangle pop artist
Pick one.

Ariel did it first but do most people even know him? His shit generally has like