Max Martin appreciation general

>Martin has written or co-written 22 Billboard number-one hits, most of which he has also produced or co-produced, and 64 in the top 10
>In early 2013, his single sales were tallied by The Hollywood Reporter to be at over 135 million.
>Martin has won the ASCAP Songwriter of the Year award a record ***ten*** times.
>awarded the Polar Music Prize by the actual King of Sweden
>produces pop music that is not formulaic, cheap and doesn't age badly representing the worst parts of a time period despite sounding fresh and current... and continues to do so 20 years into his career
>continually gets come to by pop music giants to write and produce hits for the sheer reason that he's so good at it
>despite being enigmatically good at creating music and the golden boy behind the face of pop music for over 20 years, creating a sizeable portion of all the biggest smash hit pop songs, he is not only not a colossal douche but reportedly one of the most humble figures in the music industry. Lays low, seems to have never tried to promote his name and only surfaces to go to award ceremonies and to do interviews with people fascinated with how he's so goddamn good at it

Here's a full list of all the pop songs he's ever been a part of. Seriously, take a look, it's more impressive than you think it is: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Songs_written_by_Max_Martin

So what? They're all shit songs. None of them stand the test of time.

Your fedoraism truly knows no limits.

Why doesn't he just record the songs himself and release?

Just change the lyrics to be more fitting to his own personal experience

Makes me mad

He's not exactly the most sellable person.

It just feels unnatural for people to write your own material for you... so ingenuous.

Exactly this but some people are good at writing and others performing... and I gotta say that is an impressive resume.

did he even score a #1 hit last year? i don't think he did.

Hi thing is all about working with an artist and getting them to write something in their own style but as good as possible. He can't sing I assume and he doesn't have the image to be a pop star.

Pop is all about image

>produces pop music that is not formulaic, cheap and doesn't age badly representing the worst parts of a time period despite sounding fresh and current... and continues to do so 20 years into his career

Literally the complete opposite

I've always found it humorous how all the songs sung by hot girls about love and partying and all are actually written by a bunch of middle-aged men.

because he looks like a washed-up wrestler.

taylor swift

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. His biggest hits are slick and cute but I doubt Chained to the Rhythm, the Rednex song or Once In A Lifetime by Flo Rida will exactly 'stand the test of time'

*Pop is all about money

scourge of modern culture

He's just an industry pawn, and almost all the time he does the executives' bidding.

He shouldn't be appreciated for that, he shoyuld be hanged for writing such shitty music.

A lot of hate for a talented guy in this thread.

People on this board don't make music and have no idea how hard it is to come up with a good melody, what did you expect? If the bitter fags in this thread had even a tenth of Max Martin's songwriting talent they wouldn't fucking be here.

Composing/performing is a natural divide that has existed for all of music's history