Jyn Erso

Jyn Erso

Rebellious
Determined
Grew up alone in a harsh environment and knows how to defend herself
Loves her dad and misses him
Good at convincing people to join her cause

what are her flaws as a character

Girl with daddy issues who learns to trust people when so many people have abandoned her

she doesn't play well with others.
she often over estimates her own abilities.
she's extremely reckless with other people's lives.

Has many good friends

Tough
Jaded
Self Serving (at first)
Abrasive
Has a true heroine inside her that took some nudging to be let out

If you really wanted to make this point you should have said Donnie Yen's character.
See? I cant even remember his name. Literally the only way to describe him is spiritual/ in tune with the force.

Do any of those flaws have negative effects on her during the movie?
Does anything bad happen to her because of her flaws?

I don't think Jyn was a poorly written character

I think she had a good scene where Cassian pretty much told her "rebellions aren't always clean, we've all done some shit" and she realized that it's not as simple as good vs evil

Loner
Doesn't trust others easily (tries to run away from the Rebels once her shackles are off)
Too emotionally invested in the mission since Galen is her dad

These are exactly the kind of flaws an average fanfic writer slaps on their Mary Sue to make them seem less like a Mary Sue. So she's kind of reckless and independent, wow so interesting and nuanced.

>doesnt play well with others
she doesnt get along with Cassian at first and things are kinda tense
>over estimates her own abilities
she almost gets herself killed when she climbs up to that landing pad where her dad was. Literally the only reason she survived was luck
>reckless with other peoples lives
this one fades as the film goes on and she discovers her true motivations, but in the beginning she has no qualms about assaulting someone even when they were freeing her just so she could escape on her own terms.

"Flat characters with no arc" is one of Gareth Edwards' aesthetics. He prefers plot driven movies. You don't watch a Kubrick film and complain about the unsympathetic characters.

This. Also Jyn is dead now so leave her alone. She wont get endless sequels like this cunt

>she doesnt get along with Cassian at first and things are kinda tense
It was a little tense but there wasn't really a consequence there
>she almost gets herself killed when she climbs up to that landing pad where her dad was. Literally the only reason she survived was luck
She almost has a problem then. That scene would be way better if she was the one who got her dad killed, instead of her doing nothing.
>this one fades as the film goes on and she discovers her true motivations, but in the beginning she has no qualms about assaulting someone even when they were freeing her just so she could escape on her own terms.
But she doesn't even get anyone killed because of her stupidity.
None of the bad things that happen are her fault.

>doing something bad is just his style

>Does anything bad happen to her because of her flaws?
She gets blown up by a giant space laser

That's a heroic ending, not an ending that happened because she fucked up.

ironic choice of reaction image

I dont understand what your problem is

The consequences of her character's flaws were manifested in the fact she was probably going to be in imperial prison until she was an old woman.

My problem is there's no moment in the film where she fucks up and causes a problem. She has flaws, but none of those flaws change anything in the plot.

>who learns to trust people
There was never any reason as to why she did this, but man, that character growth!

And? Who cares

She was in fucking jail at the beginning of the movie because of who she was!

Yes. I can't say I'm a fan of it but after three movies it's clear Edwards has no interest in complex characters. All he cares about is tiny human silhouettes in front of big things like squid aliens, Godzilla or the Death Star.

Cunt.

Are you memeing?

Nigger.

cheap fleshlight

She gets arrested and has to be saved by the rebellion

>writing workshops

One word.

Buck teeth.

you could argue she did play a role in getting her dad killed.
She failed to retrieve a copy of the message so nobody believed her, which prompted the rebellion to bomb the base.
If Jyn just got the copy her dad would likely have survived/ been rescued

She has to learn to trust people in order to get the plans.

She fails to get the official/full rebellion to authorise the mission to capture the Death Star plans, and thus almost fucks over the entire galaxy, coming close enough to this that it costs her entire team their lives.
But apart from that...

You're reaching pretty desperately here for some kind of validation that you're right.

Daughter of a murdered mother, daughter of a murdered imperial. And she will have her vengeance in this battle or the next.

>there are heroes on both sides

>Doesn't like complex characters
>Makes Godzilla nearly entirely about the characters

No wonder it was fucking shit.

literally who?

Intelligent, nihilistic, wicked sense of humor