Post some proto goth albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1dmGhfxWaio
youtube.com/watch?v=FTMH9V9OLdg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LA Woman is one of the best songs I have ever heard in my life

honestly i do think the doors spawned goth roots

>Goth

Doors are hippy. Are you sure you're not getting confused with Black Sabbath?

Black Sabbath inspired the aesthetics, Doors inspired the music.

what

you heard me

Goth Rock was heavily influenced by Sabbaths doom guitar playing. Although, I can hear Morrisons vocals on Joy Division

You're retarded, the doors had nothing to do with goth and the only reason you would even mention them in the same breath is for some unfathomably idiotic agenda. That is unless you can name a band influenced by 15th century roman catholic architecture (if there is more pretension in any other field of music i'd like to be made aware so i can have something else to laugh at) which contains a child classically trained virtuoustic pianist

You can't just take a dark looking cover and call it proto-goth. Leonard Cohen, lmfao.

deep voice, somber and emotional lyrics and sad cellos

youtube.com/watch?v=1dmGhfxWaio

Have you actually listened to the album you idiot? If Dress Rehearsal Rag isn't proto-goth as fuck I don't know what is.

The doors where NOT hippies. Compare Morisson’s aesthetic with those of his contempories. It’s completely different.

youtube.com/watch?v=FTMH9V9OLdg

>Leonard Cohen, lmfao.
Are you retarded? More than anyone else Leonard Cohen has a reputation as wrist-slitting music

>Doors are hippy.
they are associated with LSD but that doesn't make them hippie. the incredible string band was a hippie group. the doors were the darker side of psychedelia. stupid faggot.

Maybe. I mean, they inspired people who inspired early goth rockers. The big hang-up for me is that one of the primary hallmarks of goth rock, kind of a cliche, in fact, is cranking the bass guitar up just stupid loud and having it take over melodic duties.

The doors didn't even have a bass player.

Also, they were very philosophically grounded in epicureanism, hedonism, etc. whereas most of the goth rock I'm aware of is more into stoicism, nihilism, misanthropy. I guess even to be making rock music engaging with these sorts of questions, though, is kind of proto-goth, in a way...

I think it's fair to say that the Doors were an early prominent art rock band and that goth rock is definitely a subgenre of art rock. However, goth rock is kind of *the opposite* of the kind of humanist, imagistic, dionysian art rock that the doors primarily inspired and embraced.

Then again, The Doors were feature pretty prominently in the movie The Lost Boys, which is kind of a 80's goth cultural touchstone...

fuck if I know, man

it was the dark lyrics, deep voice and stuff like the End is pretty sad and moody

Nobody even mentions Bowie when he was obviously a massive influence on Bauhaus and even worked with Peter Murphy on multiple occasions

>implying anyone in this thread knows anything about goth music

Well, at least someone mentioned Leonard Cohen who was a big influence on Nick Cave

GUYS

THE ORGANS

BOTH THE DOORS AND THS GOTHS HAVE ORGANS

>proto goth

and the organs sound good too

having darker lyrics doesn't mean you aren't hippy, passive aggressive faggot numale

jim morrison is on record as hating hippies. the doors wanted one thing, to make music a religious experience. and they succeeded more than modern bands like sunn O))) ever have

do you know FUCKING ANYTHING

Sax, Piano, Banjo, Harmonica, Recorder, and I can Rap my written lyrics while producing my beats.

Check out ''MAGGGZVVANOSIA111'' on youtube and click one of my videos. Patreon is in the description down below.

DUHHH EBEY BAND I NOT LIKE HIPPIE NU MALE SOY

>things that were never said

>never give any reasons as to why the Doors were hippies other than 'dude 1960s... what kinda drugs did they use to make this... lmao' woman-tier comments

might as well put on a trip bud, reddit tier lame trolling

>trolling

No, I was genuinely curious if you go back up. Hence why I was in asking mode. But if you want to be sensitive and take it as trolling then so be it m8