Best Lost Albums

>Listen to Static Age by the Misfits
>Listen to SMiLE Sessions by Beach Boys
Realize these albums could have altered pop history had they been released in their respective time frames.

What are some other essential "Lost" albums? Toy by Bowie? One of Neil Young's many lost albums? Black Album by Prince is kind of a grey area.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifehouse_(rock_opera)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get Back by The Beatles
Full Machina by Smashing Pumpkins

Songs from the Black Hole by Weezer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifehouse_(rock_opera)

whatever Hendrix was planning on doing with Miles Davis

Get Back - The Beatles

All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling

this
and
Set Fire to Flames had "A third album [that] was recorded in collaboration with the band Jackie-O Motherfucker but never released. In 2009, a composition from the band's first album was included on a compilation album released by 130701.[5] In 2016, a previously unreleased track was issued on 130701's fifteenth-anniversary compilation Eleven Into Fifteen."

>Set Fire to Flames had "A third album [that] was recorded in collaboration with the band Jackie-O Motherfucker but never released.
wew i had forgotten about this.
i was a huge fan of both times at the time too.

I want to believe

would be a cash sound though
>random field recordings of rustling through drawers, equalised disproportionately loudly over psych beats and swirling random string instruments
sounds like heaven

>i was a huge fan of both times at the time too.
WAS?! they're the conclusion of post-rock.
I need to email and or harass Mike Moya about this

not downplaying how signs reign rebuilder is a top 10 record for me, but i mean that scene was all i listened to and went to gigs of between 2001-9.

That scene has been my jam for the last ten years. It's such a shame that it's dwindled down to almost nothing.

How should I go about uncovering that album?

I don't think it ever existed., if it did, I never came across it.
as far as I knew, set fire to flames disbanded before anything could be done about it. not sure if they recorded any demos though.
I did some digging at the time, but admittedly not a huge amount, and came away with nothing.

nice bait

According to Wikipedia, it was recorded. Who knows what happened to it. Maybe it's on the same shelf as All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling

Don't you mean HELP? Hendrix, Emerson, Lake and Palmer? That album is dope but it's so hard to listen to in its raw, unmixed version. My studio leak acetates got worn the fuck out.

yeah so i've read. i'll do some digging. why not.

i emailed set fire to flames. see if they reply i guess.

Black Bastards by KMD
It was finished in 1993, but they were dropped by their label due to its cover. It was finally released in 2001.

Smile would not have altered pop history. By '67 you already had Pink Floyd's piper at the gates of Dawn, the Byrds and the Beatles. Psycadelic music was already more advanced. No one liked that stupid Heroes and Villians song. The Beach Boys were already outdated. Brian Wilson snapped and went on a drug fueled killing spree, his brother Dennis pinned it on a small town drifter named Charley Manson, but y'all niggas don't know about that.

LSD by Cardiacs. It was supposed to come out in 2008 but Tim fell ill and it's just been sitting unfinished on a hard drive for 10 years.

t. Mike Love