/classical/

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is not an accompanying chart, not available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

How do you guys organize your classical music? Do you just keep it in albums or split it up into pieces? Seems like a lot of effort :/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_qXHMzCXzs
youtube.com/watch?v=OSvHvxcyiy4
youtube.com/watch?v=GDXmL0eXnPs
youtube.com/watch?v=yoehJKS-sVg&t=798s
youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-9frVpssg
youtu.be/PZ7kx8z5M2Y
clyp.it/mh1jbchu
youtube.com/watch?v=uZmLx4w2VHo
youtube.com/watch?v=DYAw_WYWb-8
youtube.com/watch?v=_PtDGUe6F-s
youtube.com/watch?v=97dsjNDONCU
youtube.com/watch?v=RkIcsT_fjAI
youtube.com/watch?v=mpIhNCO-drM
youtube.com/watch?v=A4gQVuEOXKE
youtube.com/watch?v=gTKsHwqaIr4
youtube.com/watch?v=AJwa9mX0bxA
youtube.com/watch?v=ru4lPGTSs0M
youtube.com/watch?v=Rft6IZjOaOA
youtube.com/watch?v=ERX2a3VsnKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would I split the albums into pieces?

often classical albums have 2 different symphonies or just several pieces as one album

Overrated faggot edition? I'm game

youtube.com/watch?v=v_qXHMzCXzs

youtube.com/watch?v=OSvHvxcyiy4

See An album is an album.

I don't even organize my music. Generally I just collect it for the event of internet shutdown. I stream all my classical. I generally try to give it my full attention.

Damn I had a really good idea for an edition.

Strauss
youtube.com/watch?v=GDXmL0eXnPs

>Johann

Name a better symphony than this (of the XX century)

youtube.com/watch?v=yoehJKS-sVg&t=798s

You literally can't

what skills do I need at bare minimum to compose anything?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-9frVpssg
is this the final boss of pianobaroque-fags?

It feels like Philip Glass ripped off the first movement of this for something. Its probably pretty obscure since my dad is a pleb and collects all the Glass he possibly can.

in order by importance if you want to compose something acceptable

0 - Musical notation
1 - Musical theory
2 - Start playing an instrument (optional but very useful)
3 - Harmony
4 - Counterpoint
5 - Orchestration
6 - Composition (yes, it is a study by itself)

Absolute pitch.

Why did you pick up the instrument you play?

It was the one at home. I couldn't choose.

Rautavaara Symphony 6

Heng deg Vetle

dumming

Turangalila dummies

Well that sucked. Thanks for nothing

Further Proof!

Its the Jaws theme

t hasn't heard Rite of Spring

PLEASE give me the most QUIET and/or MINIMALISTIC music made BEFORE the 20TH century!!!!!

Typically, that kind of stuff tends to be programmed with Tallis and Strauss' "Metamorphosen".

This BASTARD right here learned to play the violin in THREE fucking MONTHS for a movie. And he played the goddamn piece like a PROFESSIONAL! Me, on the other hand, can't play well the simplest of pieces after SIX MONTHS learning the damn instrument for an hour every day.

What the hell am I doing wrong

youtu.be/PZ7kx8z5M2Y

Chad vs. incel genetics

you sure that is him playing?

I have. the accompanying motif in the Cellli / Double basses at the very start of the symphony is literally the jaws theme

Here's me playing it: clyp.it/mh1jbchu

Yes, it's him. He said once that learning the violin was the hardest thing he ever did for a movie

Well if he says it's difficult then don't feel too bad about not getting. Also definitely getting a sea shanty vibe from the piece. lol

Its a shit piece anyway

you're playing it in the wrong key. At least a different one than Crowe was

Tchaikovsky
youtube.com/watch?v=uZmLx4w2VHo

I even looked up the original piece and once again it was a fourth down. Are you even using sheet music?

Panufnik

youtube.com/watch?v=DYAw_WYWb-8

Strauss
youtube.com/watch?v=_PtDGUe6F-s

Britten

youtube.com/watch?v=97dsjNDONCU

>Johann

Johann >>> Oscar >>>>>>>>> Dickie

X. Strauss>>>>> power gap >>>> no one

Britten

youtube.com/watch?v=RkIcsT_fjAI

Post composers who make gay music

I know that feel. I've been trying to do this "simple exercise" for over a month now.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpIhNCO-drM

try this: start by counting out loud and playing one hand, then sing the part of one hand and play the other, then play both hands

Okay user. I will try. Thank you

then you'd know that the Jaws theme is lifted from fucking Dvorak. Also sorry for my autism, for a second I was thinking of the piece in Star Wars where Williams plagarized Rite of Spring.

>Dvorak

Try Mahler

youtube.com/watch?v=A4gQVuEOXKE

S-sorry, even though I can read sheet music easily, I just couldn't identify the exact part. I found the part that plays after, so I went backwards, but apparently it repeats throughout the music. And listening to the whole original composition while reading the sheets is too much work, so I just searched "Master and Commander ending score" and I found it for French Horn in 8notes. And I forgot about the original sheet. But eh, changing it to the original key is simply switching strings.

See that's the thing that pisses me off, you can listen to a number of records and go John stole that. He's a fucking nigger hack who shouldn't be praised. Or you could also say youtube.com/watch?v=gTKsHwqaIr4 (for the new films)

youtube.com/watch?v=AJwa9mX0bxA

I'm also aware of that.

never hurts to bump the ol' thread

Don't forget him pilfering Puccini
youtube.com/watch?v=ru4lPGTSs0M

at any rate user, I recommend you train your ear, no serious musician should be playing something in the wrong key. Definitely not for 3 months.

Where did he use it?

never mind. I got it

Oh come on I may be retarded but not that much. I found a version of it in a lower key. I played it, and I only realized it was different after listening to the original again. You don't even need to be a musician to tell such a great difference.

>
Oh come on I may be retarded but not that much. I found a version of it in a lower key. I played it, and I only realized it was different after listening to the original again.
You're most likely tone deaf.

Why is ravel so good bros?

You most likely don't know what tone deaf is

because he's Debussy if Debussy respected tradition

actually people who aren't musically trained will usually transpose music by a perfect interval when they remember it.

Debussy is gay and ugly

If you don't want gay then maybe try a different milieu than French Impressionism. Even Faure sounds homosex

Gay was the wrong word. I don't like him tho.

>implying Impressionism isn't gay
no it's the right word

How to into german early Baroque?

Already listened to some Praetorius Cantates and his mass, but I don't know where to start with Schütz, Scheidt and Schein.

Preferably choral works

am I the only one who likes Beethoven's symphony no. 5 second and third movements much more than the first?

>symphony 5

Mahler 9
[spoiler] retard [/spoiler]

no you're not, it's his best actually

I agree it's very gay. Still good tho

>Turangalila
his worst orchestral piece, the best that can be said of it is that he learned from his mistake

do you have a single fact to back that up?

“Yes, there are some pieces of his I will do. But Turangalîla ... Never! For me this piece is … you know … a kind of Bernini of the suburbs!”

at least he didn't call it by its gay normalfag nickname

How 2 get in2 brahms??

youtube.com/watch?v=Rft6IZjOaOA

First for Czech composers, almost all of them are underrated.

>not a Sup Forums guy
>Just got put into a music class at college
>first assignment is to be able to tell what instrument is playing based on the sound.

help me do my homework.

what note is this? seeing as the b isn't parenthesed, is it supposed to be enharmonic with g? or am i retard

its a Wagner Tuba

you're welcome

If you hear strings, it's a viola
If you hear a flute-like sound, it's an oboe

>or am i retard
yes, it's a courtesy accidental negating the natural in the previous measure. they don't always (or even often) come in parentheses

Because it was shiny and looked fun to mess around with it. [spoiler]And after 2 months of trombone we concluded my arms were too short to play it so the trumpet was a better fit[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I was 8[/spoiler]

So I could play my favorite anime songs like Animenz. Well, I'll never get on his level but playing the piano still makes me fun, so there's that.

if you hear a shittier version of french horn and trombone, its a baritone

Rinat Ibragimov plays Bottesini
youtube.com/watch?v=ERX2a3VsnKU

>Bottesini
literally the most boring composer

I watched Hilary Hahn, read a poem on playing the violin, and saw a conservatory on my way home. So I thought "why not"

If it sounds like a lawnmower than it's a viola

If you hear someone moving a heavy object, it's an octobass

buxtehude.

>an hour

There's your problem

I guess all the responses to this post are evidence of /classical/ being massive plebs. It's very obviously not him playing, look at the transition from pizz to arco at 1:33, he clearly stops playing and the sound continues.
Usually when an actor "learns" an instrument it's to play it well enough to be able to pretend to play it. It's almost never actually them playing.