So this is basically the new Macintosh 420?

So this is basically the new Macintosh 420?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=hRmSu0KXI7o
youtube.com/watch?v=rlQ1Si10phQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zesLkofINEI
generasia.com/wiki/Covers_the_City#cite_note-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey Sup Forums.
No, this is an actual record released in the 80s, this isn't music created on the internet ironically.

>tfw no 70s japanese gf

>Hey Sup Forums
ayy

>hey Sup Forums
Seriously, why is this so popular on that board? I don't understand this meme

It's vaporwave for purists. City pop is the bees knees my gaijin

youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc

vaporwave for people who "grew out" of vaporwave

City Pop is as laughable of a genre as vaporwave.
You're just another weeaboo.

But it's way better than vaporwave????
Vaporwave is just a cheap knockoff of city pop.

It's not a genre of vaporwave

lol shut the fuck up
it basically is tho

nvm I misread your post

It really isn't at all

Wtf is the difference between this and smooth jazz. It just sounds like smooth jazz with j-pop vocals.

same aesthetics. same feel. same fanbase. same groove.

I don't see your reasoning.

It came 30 year before vaporwave.

>same aesthetics
City pop has been around for years. The only reason you associate it with vapowave aesthetics is because that fanbase latched onto the genre and caused a resurgance in popularity. The only actual aesthetic that the music shares is due to the fact that vaporwave often sample 80/90s pop and funk.

I considered it "proto-vaporwave"

A lot of it is just smooth jazz yeah. I don't know why it's called city pop but I guess that's just the name for japanese smooth jazz pop.

City pop is for boys
Japanese Jazz fusion is for MEN
youtube.com/watch?v=hRmSu0KXI7o

That makes no sense user. It shares no characteristics with vaporwave. It isn't a cultural movement that relies as much on visual aesthetic as it does musical aesthetic. It didn't gain traction and popularity in small online communities via memes. The music isn't based mainly on sampling and reworking other sounds from a certain era in the past. The imagery surrounding it isn't an anachronistic amalgamation of other imagery from commercial media that existed 20 to 30 years before it. Calling city pop proto-vaporwave makes no sense. It's just smooth jazz pop music from Japan.

I agree
youtube.com/watch?v=rlQ1Si10phQ
What did he mean by this?

It kinda did gain some popularity based on memes. More kids got into it because it sounded similar to vaporwave and had sick 80s japan aesthetics.

I guess so. I was thinking mainly of the genres initial birth and decline.

city pop for the ubermensch

youtube.com/watch?v=zesLkofINEI

this one hurts

she looks like yuju

it's so sad to see such a sincere and innocent record being championed by post ironic weeb fucks

>post ironic weeb fucks
Where are these people you're describing? The comments on youtube seem fairly innocent

>Dead song beingg brought back to life
You're trying too hard

>dead song being brought back to life
Born-in-the-wrong-generation-tier argument.

here

City Pop is just Steely Dan for people who watch Serial Experiments Lain

i'm sure that sounded clever in your head

cringe
don't compare ugly korean slags to jap qt

it's literally just another word for early 80s j-pop. people just use city pop to feel special

lol, how stupid are you?

City pop refers to j-pop whose lyrics are about how great the life was in the city back in the day, retard.

this isn't even a fucking album

This posts radiates soy

why are you telling me that about your post

Nah it's yacht rock for the filthy frank fanbase.

But every time this album gets posted it's mostly people like you whining about the kind of person who supposedly listens to it.

Why is it even getting recommended so much, never clicked on it, but I have that image ingrained on my mind, pretty subliminal stuff.

>tfw learning the taste for city pop was a meme all along.

which is a trend that literally every single artist was doing ranging from teen idols to literal whos. youre not special for listening to run of the mill 80s j-pop, sorry!

and it's more seen as a sound, as showcased by this cover album released last year
generasia.com/wiki/Covers_the_City#cite_note-1

>not knowing that pop is short for popular

LOL I'm not even a city pop fan, poser.

It's not popular on that board, I just happened to be on a Sup Forums thread where OP said the same thing.

Shittypopu

Right, can't wait to see what these fags are gonna call 90s j-pop

gyaru rock

>it's specific j-pop for a era where people started moving into the city, it's n-nothing special!!!
Imagine being this retard.