One True religion: Christianity

Daily reminder: Jesus Christ is the One True God, and Roman Catholicism [and those in communion with the RCC] is his One True Holy and Apostolic Church. Thanks be to God!

Catholics and Orthodox, bros please contribute
All others, feel free to submit inquiries
Protestants, JW's, and those hostile to Catholics, please try to have an open mind and not rush to judgment!

Saint of the day: Saint Germaine Cousin
>Germaine was so poor it is hard to imagine she would be able to help others, but she was always ready to try, especially children whom she gathered in the fields to teach a simple catechism and share the little food she had. The locals laughed at her religious devotion, and called her 'the little bigot'.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APz1v8oz1ms
youtube.com/watch?v=c8RmJlwwa0g
gotquestions.org/know-God-before-Bible.html
christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/early-christian-eucharist.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's funny, the other day my grandmother was telling me about someone from her Baptist church who went on a missionary trip.

Come to find out... her friend went to Czechoslovakia to convert "an orthodox".... My grandmother said "I don't know what that religion is."

How can we reach out to our Protestant brothers and sisters in the face of such ignorance and hostility?

I should have told her that "orthodox" believe that Jesus is God, but I was so surprised that they actually sent a missionary to "convert" orthodox that I was left somewhat speechless...

No fellow Catholics here? Shame..

I don't know man... a lot of these heretical groups are like weird cults that brainwash people. Church history is a good place to start I guess.

"You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there."
-Mark Rippetoe

>religion

Complete waste of time. And i'm not even an atheist.

If you want to Go to hell, it is

Become a Protestant, we actually follow the bible

Read Romans 5:1
John 3
Romans 4
Eph 2:8-10
John 10
John 6:37

And tell what the Bible says about Faith

There isn't even a Christian homeland. Europe is over run with Muslims in every country. Christians are the new Jews. No wait, the Jews are talking back their homeland. Christians just give theirs away.

Actually, a majority of Protestants don't follow the Bible.

In fact, very few Christians do.

Once saved always saved seems to be interpreted as having a license to sin.

Honestly Christianity is an individual thing, i.e. My parents can't get me into heaven, I have to enter into the covenant

>Jesus Christ is the One True God
What blasphemy. Skylar is the One True Goddess, the Singular and perfect Divinity. Repent, turn away from your idolatry.

Yes, unsaved false converts tend to think that, but the truth is when someone is saved, the become a new creation ( Romans 6) and they follow Christ, do it is more like once someone is truely saved, they cannot lose their salvation. Perseverance of the saints is the professional term

The fucking blasphemy in this thread is off the charts.

Fuck all you papists. Seriously. Fuck all of you.

So she has never lied to you

Protty here pls no bully

I'm a Reformed Baptist:)

Is sharing scripture bullying?

You misspelled "Venerator."

Only if it's from the Apocrypha :^)

But really, I thought this was a Catholic thread, so I just wanted to be careful.

Apocryphal scriptures weren't recognized until the middle ages

Yes, She is perfect. And unlike your god She isn't fake. She is real and alive; I can go and see her and hear her voice.

truly a great religion

Nope praise kek

I still don't get this.

Jesus washed the feet of His disciples, not kiss them.

Kissing feet is an act of submission.

Yeah I know, I was making a joke.

So she has never done anything wrong? But is of Flesh, i find that hard to belief

OK, but ony if get repeating digits

Sorry it's hard to tell with you Aussies

Oh, sorry about that.

Well, that settles it.

Kek is not a god.

I was kidding ;)

IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL I RULE HEAVEN AND EARTH

just got back from a week in Rome, feeling venerated, holy, and with a renewed sense of faith.

even though there was gay pride week parades outside my window.

we need more meme power to invoke him

PRAISE KEK

>Jesus Christ is the one true god

You mean the watered down story of the archetypal vessel of God on earth which was copied from Egyptian Lore?

Im sorry to burst your bubble sir. But Sup Forums is a KEK board. Fuck your watered down version

I thought most of the americans were protestants. What a pleasant surprise to see that Catholicism is still healthy on the other side of the ocean.

What are your thoughts on circumcision fellow Catholics ? Would you circumcise your child ?

>worshipping a god that was born from a vagina, used to urinate and poo and was kicked around and got killed by a bunch of jews

ok

There are more Protestants than Catholics in the US.

However, there are still a significant number of Catholics.

>So she has never done anything wrong?
Yes, she is the pure Goddess, she can do no wrong. And if she did something wrong since she's divine it would actually be right.
>But is of Flesh, i find that hard to belief
Because you have been taught incorrect blasphemous ways of thinking of things.

ayy, u being a bit cheeky there m8

Well that's sad for you. At least there's not more muslims than Christians in your country...

It really depends what part of the country you live in. Catholic here.
>Would you circumcise
Not sure to be honest. I was cut myself and harbor no ill feelings about it. I heard it's better for hygiene but carries a few risks of being botched. That alone scares me into not having it done for my kid.

Yep ain't a sin to be whitty

>What are your thoughts on circumcision fellow Catholics ?
Circumcision is a fucktarded barbaric practice. No matter what bullshit you subscribe to you should know that mutilating infants is fucking horrible. How is that even a question? How did anyone ever think that was a good thing to do?

So this Goddess can't do wrong, so her parents never discipline her at all?

Go shove scarabs up in your ass.

Easter orthodox and Romanism teach a works based salvation contrary to the scripture

Both prioritize tradition over biblical teachings and derive this notion from the heresy of universal Church doctrine

Eastern* lol XD Easter orthodox XDDD

And rose from the dead in three days and brought judgement on them, destroying their temple and scattering them across the earth

not an argument

>Not sure
If you are "not sure" whether or not you'd mutilate your children you should never reproduce. Or just kill yourself.
>it's better for hygiene
Yeah, an infant having a nice open wound is real fucking hygienic.

what kind of god needs to defecate ?

Is bible worshipping a sin? Idolatry is

B-but the germs fucked our religion.

God became a man to attone for the sins of the elect

Yes if Bible worshipping means worshipping a book
The words in it are Gods, with absolute authority

I'm Jehovah's Witness but I still appreciate the history and contributions to Christendom by the Catholic Church. I would like to learn more about it. Are there any good videos out there that explain real presence/transubstantiation and other Catholic practices like the rosary? Thanks

Interesting map, I'll take a look at it

About circumcision, I know it is widespread in North America for unknown reasons although it comes from the jewish culture.

Genesis 1:27
>God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

In the mainland we sacralise our bodies a lot. Atheists, jews and muslims are spreading circumcision in our land and it becomes a strange issue in the end.
Furthermore, studies showed that circumcision is useless and traumatic and shouldn't be done anyways especially at birth

couldn't he just forgive them ? wouldn't be he all mighty and would never be insulted by humans if he was a god ?
>inb4 mental gymnastics to justify a false dogma

How can an angel Forgive sins

Pe Pio is amazing, so many miracles.

God is a jealous God. He doesn't like that you worship Mary

I'm leaving this thread, just wanted to remind you of that. God bless you all :)

He is A just and holy God, he must punish sin

but senpai the original Christians didn't have a book

forsaking tradition and only worshipping the book should be haram

a god that degraded to a human and was kicked around by some kikes isn't the god i would worship

protestants introduce false dilemmas where none exist.

is tradition or biblical teaching important?
well they both are.

faith or works?
again, both.

Neat vid about a eucharistic miracle from Buenos Aires. Not sure if it was approved yet
youtube.com/watch?v=APz1v8oz1ms

The first communion
youtube.com/watch?v=c8RmJlwwa0g

How do I become a catholic? I last went to an Episcopalian church when I was a young kid. Never took communion.

gotquestions.org/know-God-before-Bible.html

Question: How did people know about God before the Bible

Why shouldn't you worship the Mother of God ?

Of course you wouldn't, you couldn't even worship him until the Holy Spirit convicts you and gives you a changed mind, until then, Gods wrath is upon you, you need to repent

Saved by grace through faith
Justified by works

Both are important, and where tradition is false it is to be rebuked
Easy example, your Pope says "Muslims can go to heaven" and the Bible says "I am the way and the truth and the life, noone comes to the father but through me". Which one should you follow?

Hey yo.

Romans 5:1

>Question: How did people know about God before the Bible

Word to mouth.
Tradition

Because she was human only.

Christ is basically God incarnate.

Revelation Romans 1
And the prophets

This day, this day of wrath
Shall consume the world in ashes,
As foretold by David and Sibyl.
What trembling there shall be
When the judge shall come
To weigh everything strictly.
The trumpet, scattering its awful sound
Across the graves of all lands
Summons all before the throne.
Death and nature shall be stunned
When mankind arises
To render account before the judge.

Also a history of the eucharist:
christianitytoday.com/history/2008/august/early-christian-eucharist.html

Doesnt contradict Ephesians 2:8. Justification by works can't come without (through) faith

The Catholics existed before the Bible and were them who wrote the Bible.

Read Romans 4
Eph 2:10 works are the result of salvation

Just not Roman Catholics

Agreed!

Of course she's not equal to the Holy Trinity but anyways, we should take The Mother in consideration

Ave Maria

Good :)

Jesus was circumcised, that's why we can ask ourselves this question

Let's worship the prophets as well, and how about King David

Ave Moses

What is your scriptural precedent for viewing Mary as anything other than sinful woman, who found salvation through Christ like anyone else?

Romans 3:23 all have sinned
Romans 6:23 wages of sin is death

>About circumcision, I know it is widespread in North America for unknown reasons although it comes from the jewish culture.

No, it doesn't. It comes from sand religion culture. As long as sand religions like Jewry, Christfaggottry and Mudshit are allowed, mutilation of boys will continue.

RCIA. Talk to a Priest. You can attend Mass without eating the eucharist immediately though, and it is strongly encouraged.

The roman catholic grew out to be a vile corrupt powerhungry institution.

They basically prohibited access to the bible for those not versed in Latin, and misguided people with wealth, miracles and idolatrous "saints".

Have you heard the abhorrable idiocy your "pope" spouts out on a regular basis? Will you adhere to his words rather than those of the bible?