Eric Clapton: ‘I’m going deaf, I’ve got tinnitus’

lol, he's literally one of us now

good riddance

Didn't stop Beethoven, step up you game Eric.

>I used to be into dope, now I’m into tinnitus. It’s much heavier, man.

>eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fuck this racist

this guy wrote like 2 good songs in his career. extremely overrated

>In the nursing home he's temporarily staying at near his Venice residence, the nursing staff have reported Clapton's verbal abuse of the non-white staff.
>At one point, Mr. Clapton allegedly referred to a cafeteria worker as a "n*gger", and blamed her for his tinnitus.
>"If it weren't for you filthy immigrants, I would still be making good music", one nurse recalled him saying.

Jesus fucking christ.

why do dads worship this fuck he sucks

>listens to radiohead once

absolute legend

He didn't suck prior to the mid-70s.

>not supporting Enoch Powell
pleb get out

I can't even imagine what this is like. My guitarist friend said he has tinnitus now. Got it from standing too close to a speaker at a concert. Poor lad.

>tfw the ringing keeps getting louder

I have it, first week was hell, literally slept like 20 minutes at the most, seriously contemplating suicide. Then I got used to it, now I don't notice it unless I think about it, I sleep like a baby

Does tinnitus lead to hearing loss? I've had it in might right ear slightly from a bike tire blowing up next to it and its been the same for years and I've noticed no actual changes in my hearing

Glad you got over it. Doesnt sound very fun

Tinnitus is a symptom of hearing loss, it doesn't create hearing loss.

It can be indicative of longterm damage, but if you protect them from loud, constant noises they can heal themselves with time. Keep them clean with a saline+water solution helps, too. It does sound like your eardrum was partially damaged by that though.

I got my hearing tested like 6 months after it started and some of the higher frequencies were gone. The tinnitus got super loud with those noise cancelling headphones

>guy who's been playing loud music for 60 years has deafness/tinnitus

more at 11

I've protected them form loud noises, ear plugs at shows and I don't listen to my music above 50%. Its not bad really, I cant hear it over every day ambience but can if I'm in a quiet place.

How does he still look cool when he has the weakest chin of all time?

the guitar gets chicks meme isnt a meme

that's because "chicks" for you are just low-grade sluts

had a lot of ear infections when i was a baby so i've had it since i can remember. it's mostly not so bad as long as i get enough sleep, contributes to why i don't really like music that doesn't have a sort of "full" sound to drown it out, obviously i keep the volume under pretty strict control though.

fucking blows, I was pretty pissed when i learned other people don't have the constant ringing.

I'm not sure if I have tinnitus but I wouldn't be surprised if I did. Now that I'm laying on my bed in silence I do hear a pretty high pitch hum in both ears (over 10kHz I think) and it seems to go louder and softer in a sine wave-y fashion. But I've experienced this for so long and all the hearing tests I've done during my life have always been fine. I hear up to about 15 to 16 kHz. I have listened to music at really high volume levels a lot though and at this very loud gig I was right next to the loudspeaker with no earplugs. Had some serious ringing in my ears for a little while after it but it was back to status quo pretty soon. I really don't notice it in daily life.

Cocaine buhbuhbuhbuh buh ba baaaa

only thing worse than clapton is u2

Clapton’s last good album was in 1970 anyways

those symptoms are pretty much the same as me (), though I've never tried to identify the frequency of mine.

I've had it since I was six so I don't have any regrets. It's deathly quiet too, sometimes it has short bursts where it becomes distracting, but that's it

That is tinnitus. But if it's not a bother in life then it's nothing to worry about.
Protect your ears so it doesn't get worse.

I don't really know the frequency of mine for sure, just pulled that range out my ass since it sounds pretty close to that range. Pretty high squeal but audible.

Probably is then. I think I listen stuff at a more moderate level nowadays. If I ever go to a concert, I'll probably bring some ear plugs too.

lol how?

What has Clapton ever done except throw his kid out of a window and write a song about it?

be a racist fuck

I hope this racist piece of trash goes blind too, then he can finally be like all the black blues artists he ripped off.

Sure his solo shit is cheese but Cream was revolutionary.

>musician forever
>in his 70s
>has tinnitus
no shit
I don't remember I time I haven't had tinnitus. Even when I was 5. Suck it up old man

having tinnitus fucking blows. i can't sleep without a fan or some other kind of noise because then all i can hear is a loud fucking ringing in my ears. i've had this shit for years and have taken steps to protect my ears/hearing and it hasn't gotten any better.

Yeah I've got it too and it's not fun. However, unless it's super severe, you get used to it and you can operate just fine.

Slowhand [RSO, 1977]

As MOR singles go, "Lay Down Sally" is as good as it gets. But Clapton leaves all the juiciest solos to George Terry, and while three years ago, he seemed to be turning into a singer in the manner of Pete Townshend, now he seems to have blown his voice. Doing what, I wonder. B-

Backless [RSO, 1979]

Whatever else Clapton isn't anymore--guitar genius, secret humantarian,God--he remains king of the Tulsa sound and here he contributes three new sleepytime classics. All are listed on the front sticker and none were written by Bob Dylan. One more and this would be creditable. B-

Just One Night [RSO, 1980]

Who needs another live double? A master guitarist whose studio albums have accused by Sominex of unfair trade practices, that's who. All your AM and FM favorites served up hot, cold, raw, or all of the above. A-

Under The Sun [Duck, 1985]

Eric Clapton and Phil Collins are two individuals who can count themselves as survivors (Collins and how). Clapton was never the mediocre singer he's been wont to declare himself in retiring moments, but his gift only made sense when laid-back was commercial, and here he's not retiring, he's looking for work. For a variety of reasons, including current fashion, Collins mixes the drums very high and then induces Clapton to, um, project. Painful and bad. C-

Journeyman [Duck/Reprise, 1989]

What did you expect him to call it--Hack? Layla and 461 Ocean Boulevard were clearly flukes: he has no record-making knack. So he farms out the songs, sings them competently enough, and marks them with his guitar. Which sounds kind of like Mark Knopfler's. B-

If you hear ringing then the music's not loud enough.

my dad looks exactly like him except my dads hair is still dark.

I wonder if the people that are saying "good I hope he goes deaf racist piece of shit" are being unironic or are just trying to get responses.

I got tinnitus for a few days thanks to a stupid Windows update that fucked up my PC by jacking the treble on the sound way up when I used headphones.

>Journeyman [Duck/Reprise, 1989]
>What did you expect him to call it--Hack? Layla and 461 Ocean Boulevard were clearly flukes: he has no record-making knack. So he farms out the songs, sings them competently enough, and marks them with his guitar. Which sounds kind of like Mark Knopfler's. B-

Most likely leftover Cream material. Just like how George Harrison's albums after he ran out of unused Beatles songs became a joke.

He's a skilled interpreter. Not every successful musician has to be a singer-songwriting.

>now I’m into tinnitus. It’s much heavier, man.
it really is

tfw got tinnitus from an ear infection about two years ago

>this guy wrote like 2 good songs in his career. extremely overrated

Eric Clapton is first and foremost a guitarist. Pretty much EVERY rock guitarist who followed him, including Hendrix was influenced by him in some way

same desu

though more anxiety than not sleeping that little.

but same now. don't notice it unless I listen for it

Based.