youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8
youtube.com/watch?v=y70kMNozInY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's hipster who go ironically

So, Americans.

You made this thread 15 times in the past month, give it a rest, Pablo

HANDEGG ON SUICIDE WATCH

Americans in denial will always claim its some kind of counter-culture group that likes domestic soccer, this is 46k in the South which historically dislikes soccer, but the detractors will always say

>b-but muh hipsters
>b-but muh libreals

to them its not about the sport, its about hating the people who like the domestic game

>there are more pro soccer teams than pro handegg teams in the United States

really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8

As cringe as Seattle fans are, at least they show up, I'm sure the sounders average more fans than any Chilean club

>HANDEGG ON SUICIDE WATCH
>posts a handegg match
You really are a special kind of retarded, are you?

>there are bigger amateur handegg stadiums compared to the worlds most popular divegrass teams

really makes you think

How come there's empty seats at every game then?
>one game determines how much people like a sport
Wew Lad

nobody outside of the local college towns gives a shit about CFB, sorry lad.

American soccer still gets near non existent TV ratings with MLS barely making a profit

why the fuck are americans allowed anywhere near this sport

>MLS averages higher attendance than NBA and NHL, along with 7th in the world for soccer attendance

yes yes, any time theres good fan support in MLS or American soccer its an isolated incident and has never happened nor will never happen again...

they don't give a crud
youtube.com/watch?v=y70kMNozInY

This. Attendance is a meme. If it doesn't get airtime, no one cares. Not to mention there are empty seats at every MLS game despite shills lying to you forcing attendance down your throat.

Its not about year to year profits, MLS franchise values are rising faster than any other american sports league, this is fact. Why do you think we went from 15 million dollar expansion fees 10 years ago to 200 million in the near future?

>one game determines how much people like a sport

I know you're trolling, but just in case you really are retarded, we have had sell out crowds for every single home game we've had this season.

>talking out of my ass: The Post

And MLS lags ridiculously behind the NBA and NHL together in terms of being a marketable success both nationally and internationally. You keep harping to me about how your meme lower level soccer league is going to be the future of the universe though. It's got decades to go before you can meme all about it.

Hey, sawker. Cute sport you have there

In-person attendance represents a very small % of total viewers of sports games in the US

Come back to me when they get a massive TV deal and I'll agree it is being widely consumed

>attendance is a meme

are you retarded?

>we
Who's we?
And still are millions behind team values in other sports, and almost billions behind European teams in some leagues.

BLOCKS YOUR PATH

They're not bigger, they just have shitty bench seating and standing room because college sports are for the local unwashed underclasses. Larger pro clubs of any sport could probably sell out 300k stadiums they just know it's not worth the investment because game attendance is a tiny portion of the revenue for any relevant team.

>leagues in sports the United States is best at and has been doing longer than any other country is a success

IM SO SURPRISED, thats like saying *GASP* if Euro soccer teams have been around longer they'd be more popular in their respective regions

See

there's literally maybe 3 teams worth even a billion in Soccer, stop talking about things you don't know about. MLS team values are higher than 90% if not more soccer teams in the world

He was probably being sarcastic and you're probably an autistic person.

ah yes

stepdadtrustfundstick

It is. Leagues make money from TV rights fees

>we

Ok, so you are actually retarded. No hard feelings, user.

Not an argument.

It's a tiny portion of revenue for US teams, I don't see why that was a relevant thing to bring up
You're literally retarded, holy fuck

oh we're using stadium attendance as a metric now? aight then, baseball is officially the most popular sport in the world.

every year theres more soccer fans and more MLS fans. Know that we won't stop triggering you, know that you will never top hearing about our sport and our league, welcome to the future lads, adapt or get left behind.

Whats the damn problem with Americans ? Why are they do dumb?

>our sport
>lads

Do you have a source to back that up then? Still, compare those valuations to NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL ones though. As sales for teams continue to go up, the MLS continuously lags behind as the dollar rises without these new sales.

Closing your eyes and plugging your ears does not invalidate an argument, PL, Bundesliga, La Liga, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB... NONE OF THEM reached peak popularity 20 years into the birth of their leagues and teams

He's literally incorrect and completely pulled that number out of his ass, there's 5 worth over $2 billion and many more worth over $1 bln, see:

>I am my own team
OK r/Soccer, it's time to go back now. No wonder Euros laugh at you.

Thanks. As I predicted. OP can stop LARPing now and only resort to butthurt now.

>Baseball Attendence is anywhere close

I changed the channel to a Dodgers game and saw a fuckton of empty seats.

>all these people getting triggered by glorious MLS and American soccer

kek
KEK
K E K

Not surprised fans of dying sports are insecure about the growth of a foreign sport

>am I fitting in yet?

Ok. Well, this thread is retarded, so congratulations for your contributions.

do soccer fans get bullied in usa? is that why they're so insecure about their league?

MLB has the highest attendance of any league on earth

However, this is because of the fact that they play 162 games a year, though it's still 4th overall in attendance per game

we really care what you think about football that's why threads like this tend to have so many europeans arguing about your next level insight

good lord american self importance is second to none

throughout the entire season. they play 80 home games and no other sport even comes remotely close. the most popular NFL team would have to play 20 home games to have half of the attendance of the most popular MLB team.

It should be TV ratings and sales that determines popularity. That's unfortunate though, sport is business. Unless you live in a smaller area where your local team is loved by much of the townies it's always going to be niche one way or another. Thinking otherwise is cognitive dissonance.

Actually its the MLS haters that are the most insecure, they're the ones that constantly have to tell everyone how shit MLS is and how it will never grow, MLS fans just like to enjoy live soccer and trigger people that are customers of foreign teams

>European immediately thinks thread discussing soccer in America has to deal with European opinions on it

Good lord European self importance is second to none

>50+ posts in a matter of minutes
>american soccer doesnt matter!
kek

for people that care so little about it youre very quick to chime in with your opinions

Not hating, just stating facts that you come up with practically no rebuttals with other than pointless ad hominem and silly little jabs.

MLS is growing that is the argument, if you deny this you clearly don't know anything about it. Nobody is claiming MLS is a high level league, just that its enjoyable to support your local team and watch the sport grow here. Rome wasn't built in a day, Barcelona and Real Madrid weren't built in a day, do you think in the 30's people were shitting on Barca and Real Madrid how nobody cared about them? Of course not.

>MLS fans just like to enjoy live soccer and trigger people that are customers of foreign teams
>this is what MLS fans think constitutes as "meaningful"

>he likes to go to local sporting events and help grow the level of the game?
>WHAT A FAGGOT!

American mentality, everybody.

>muh growing
And so are other sports, every single year. It's not just one sport. Until things on multiple fronts are declining with other sports, mainly TV ratings and valuations, then you can make that argument. For now, you lose.

Yes because acting like it's the future of this country is surely a constructive way of growing your league when other leagues continue to do the same.

>MLS fans just like to enjoy live soccer and trigger people
You tell 'em Reddit!

Yes, but MLS is growing the FASTEST out of any american sports league, again, this is fact.

Soccer is the future of physical sports this country Cletus, whether you like it or not

>r-reddit

the typical "I go on Sup Forums and like to blend in with the crowd response"

sad

>shit sport
>triggering anyone

it's also laughable that there are that many "hipsters" in Atlanta

what's the opinion of black americans on soccer? usually whatever blacks like becomes popular so i'm curious

Something about his eyes scares me.

>Reddit Spacing
And >muh growth isn't a valid argument as to why it will be THE #1 sport in America. Try again.

Literally never hear them discuss it
>Growing fastest meme

No one gives a fuck about a sport where teams somehow compete in two different tournaments at the same time as the regular season

>trigger people that are customers of foreign teams
Ah so a bunch of little limp-wristed cucks who would probably get their asses handed to them if they went abroad and pulled this shit by hooligans. Do you know why other countries here laugh at Americans? It's this mentality alone.

I'll never understand this reddit spacing meme. Sometimes that kind of spacing makes it easier to read.

Basketball was the "fastest growing" sport of 2000s

Now look where it's at in ratings. Soccer is for europoor trash and has no edge in American pass time.

>teams somehow compete in two different tournaments at the same time as the regular season
Is this really confusing to your average american?

makes the poster seem like he's trying to stand out because nobody actually wants to read want he has to say.

Basketball's popularity then was mainly because of internationally growing the game and more foreign players crossing over. Ratings have always been abysmal here though.

hol up so you be sayin there's an fa cup AND a league cup AND a champions league AND the regular league?

no, not really

No but it's a ridiculous concept since teams change rosters and get injured.

Also MLS having three teams with the United nickname is pathetic

One autistic Seattle hipster ruins soccer for everyone

That's doopin' mental!

>it's a ridiculous concept since teams change rosters and get injured.
Uh, what?
Some of the challenge of a league format is dealing with injury problems and exactly who to play and who to rest. Especially hard for any team here playing Champions league or Europa league football midweek.

>Win regular season league which qualifies you for a champions league appearance two years later

How does that make any rational sense?

How is that a good thing?

It's like having the 2018 Cubs play the Nippon league winner when they are a totally different team from the 2016 team that qualified

they don't get injured in that fairy sport, it's all pretend, just like basketball.

>qualifies you for a champions league appearance two years later
You mean in the next year m8, do you even know anything about football?
For example Chelsea, Spurs, City, Liverpool all get into the champions league (shit name, it's a cup) this coming season for their place in the EPL.

"MLS is the future" is literally the same thing as "communism is successful"

Talking MLS

The 2016 MLS champions will play in the 2018 champions league

>2 years apart
M8 what the fuck are you smoking? See

That's the MLS' problem, Must be something to do with the timing of the season. It also has no relegation either which is shit.

Americans should try the original football instead of destroying their brains in handegg. You can get earn millions and actually enjoy your money without forgetting what you did 30 seconds ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

ur autism is showing

All American sports are communist with their pay caps and draft reversing crap

Relegation would kill MLS

revs games are p great to go to, t.b.h.

>in the south
In fucking Atlanta which is chock full of northern transplants and foreign immigrants. You're talking about Atlanta like it's fucking Shitville Mississippi.

American CITIES are barely different from one another - Atlanta has far more in common with NYC or San Francisco than it does with some small town in Georgia.

I don't have an image smug enough so have this instead
>

>>>/boardname/postnumber

They also generate like 1/90th the money the NFL generates

Football will be the most popular sport in America one way or another.
When mexicans become the majority they will also bring their favorite sport with them