Claim Your Chunk of America

Hey Sup Forums, I know it's not happening right now, but for future reference when it IS happening, us Stand Alone Actors claim our chunks of America in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_simulation#Problems_of_simulation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My chunk, call me Immortan Joe

WTF is this image about?

Claiming Texas and arkansas

Simulation of a rebellion in America ran by the military. Besides the rebels, there would be Warlords they called "stand alone actors" that would control their own chunks of the country while the government and the rebels fought, and could fuck the shit up of both sides like Tom

Sounds awesome, but how was the simulation ran?

Arkansas ceded to the Texans, connected the territory with Oklahoma

Virginia and Kentucky are rightful Dixie clay.

The US Government conducts these things called "war games", which are essentially almost completely accurate simulations of real wars and conflicts. They're protected very heavily and used by the military for strategic actions in real life.

I've had very very small amounts of experience with these things (the US government sometimes allows the Australian government to use them, very rarely) and they're for the most part extremely elaborate computer programs (I'm talking "you need a novel" tier manuals) connected to either a computer the size of two closets (mainframes) or over the internet to some other location.

Not sure, but im sure it was ran through computers like all the other war games that the military runs.
Virginia is the heart of the federal government, we can't try to claim that

Sounds interesting, wish I had more info on it.

I'm still confused. Was "Tom" an actual person involved in the simulation though, or was "Tom" an artificial construct/variable in the simulation?

Artificial construct run completely by the simulation, the other two teams are run by two separate groups of actual people.

"Tom" is presumably a real person, because his name is censored, but not actually involved in the simulation. Like, there is a guy who is exactly like "Tom" somewhere in St.Louis, and they simply said "What would someone like Tom do in a rebellion" so they modeled Tom in the simulation.

This might also be the case, I have nowhere near enough information on the program to tell you (If I did I'd probably be doing contracting for the DoD, not fluffing around on Sup Forums at 10 in the morning)

Please help me liberate southern Virginia. My home does not belong to the Federals.

Speaking of, in regards to taking territory in some sort of revolution situation then I'd probably stake out territory from the great dismal swamp and be area around it. Pretty small but good enough. Id love to see the military try to come into the swamp against my boys. I'm sure the deals could do it. But regular troops would get fucked. And air power short of napalming the entire swamp would be out.

I see you guys are just as confused as me and don't know the answer either.

At least I'm not the only one.

On the one hand, if "Tom' is real, it probably increases accuracy, but would they let a random guy like that on the war game?

On the other it makes more sense if he is just a variable, but how do they design such an accurate system then?

That's why I wish I had more info on this.

Fucking autocorrect. The *seals* would do well. But yeah if I had to bet on who would win. A platoon of local militia from southern Chesapeake and NC, and a platoon of Marines of Army regulars engaged in the dismal swamp is bet on the militia every time.

>On the one hand, if "Tom' is real, it probably increases accuracy, but would they let a random guy like that on the war game?
No clue.

>On the other it makes more sense if he is just a variable, but how do they design such an accurate system then?
When I got a chance to have a quick look at it, they had a mainframe (IBM i think, not sure) doing all of the crunching. It took on average about 5 minutes to do an hour's worth of simulation on the setting they had it at (which was quite high for demonstration i think) and it spat out extremely detailed information.

I genuinely would not be surprised if the thing has had billions of dollars dumped into it. Ridiculously accurate and every single time I tried to ask anything I was told to "Look and watch" instead of asking questions.

When/how/why did you even get to see this stuff?

In any case, it sounds awesome, and I would love to know how they manged to design such a system where they have so much faith in its accuracy. I mean I'm sure it's not perfect, but I wouldn't even think that something close to reliable can be truly made by humanity presently.

This sounds like some crazy sci-fi sentient AI level of high tech accuracy.

>On the one hand, if "Tom' is real, it probably increases accuracy, but would they let a random guy like that on the war game?
Well it does say "Tom" was a veteran, but again, I'mm pretty sure the real "Tom" wouldn't actually be in the simulation, but considering the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of military vets around the country at least a few of them would try and hold together their chunk of the country, which is why im pretty sure "Tom" has a real life counterpart, but in the simulation is run by the machine.
>On the other it makes more sense if he is just a variable, but how do they design such an accurate system then?
Hundreds of millions of dollars sunk into a videogame with no graphics and using military tech we dont even know about and experience of making these things for literal decades.

I call the Rocky Mountains.

>Hundreds of millions of dollars sunk into a videogame with no graphics and using military tech we dont even know about and experience of making these things for literal decades.
DO FUCKING WANT SO MUCH

It angers me, while making me rock hard, to learn that Paradox is this far behind and there are people in USA gov't that get to fuck around with Grand Strategy vidya that are so accurate at predicting the future it's mind boggling.

Nigger, you can pry Colorado from my cold, dead hands

>When
Between 2005 and 2011.

>how
I used to work as a secretary for a pretty high up member of the government here. I asked and he said fine, as long as I didn't come in with a camera/note taking materials and as long as I had max half an hour in there.

>why
I didn't really pose a risk, and at that time I wasn't actually allowed to leave the country without an official document stating I could do so. Plus, if you could gain massive amounts of information from quick inspection, Russia/China/Whoever would know everything about it.

>In any case, it sounds awesome, and I would love to know how they manged to design such a system where they have so much faith in its accuracy.
I'd imagine they have been doing this shit ever since the computer was invented. They probably build layer on layer using experts in pretty much every field.

>I mean I'm sure it's not perfect, but I wouldn't even think that something close to reliable can be truly made by humanity presently.
I was blown away when I saw it, never thought something that detailed could be made or run.

Honestly, I'd say if anyone ever got access to the source code of it, they'd be the recipient of an a-10/f/a-18 strike within a few days. I wouldn't be surprised if they're running simulations of shit like the Syria deal right now and using it to guide generals.

Thanks for the story bro.

Pretty sure all actors in computer based war game simulations are composite characters created with backgrounds, goals, skills and such. We're talking about some incredibly serious hardware and software here.

So presumably the system creates Tom and thousands of other actors then runs he simulation. Tom might be modeled off a real person or maybe an amalgamation of multiple real people or simply be entirely created through a character creator. It's like the most intense RPG character creator ever.

The simulation runs, and characters like Tom rise to prominence based on their selected background and skills. They then make decisions based on said things.

The technology must be pretty incredible but that's really the only way I could see it work. I doubt that Tom would just be a randomly selected person on an NSA watch list. Or a real person hired to run his kingdom during the war game.

However that would be cool as fuck wouldn't it? Being a contractor and all you do is basically play Hearts of Iron plus Civ x1million against other contractors.

whoa hol up did someone say we're carving up pieces of a nigger infested continent???
that's my groove man

>Or a real person hired to run his kingdom during the war game.
Yeah, but can you imagine how fun that would be if it actually worked like that?
"Oh hey user, you were in the military, and our simulation says you'd be perfect to seize control of a large portion of our country in the case of a full rebellion, wanna come play super realistic EUIV with the fate of the United States in your hands?"

t.Alberto Barbosa

I had the chance of playing this kind of simulation except it was used as economic training instead of military one. We ended up second after not wal-mart. Because producing things super cheap and using marketing to make them look cool actually is the best thing you can do, even if your product is a piece of shit.

Thanks for using my OC

Here's a more aesthetic flag.

i wonder what they wrote it in. would have to be something powerful and performance minded like C or C++and the logic would have to be designed with threading/grid computing in mind to crunch all the numbers. kinda shocked that something so complex would be able to do an hour of simulation time per 5min

I know Three Cav Scouts and a former Army Ranger. 2 of the Cav Scouts are National Guard, and one is Army. All four of these guys have been prepping me for Basic/AIT with horror stories. Apparently you get some training in swamplands.

If there was a full rebellion against the US government, and assuming it resulted from the government doing some bad shit, would you and your friends join the rebellion, or would you be warlords trying to protect your own shit?

Warlord desu, I need to cleanse Montreal of shitskin and negro.

It definitely sounds impressive, but if they did blow millions of dollars on it, I think I can believe it.

I don't know right now.

Some QT but crazy chick told me I had a bad aura but I'm meant to do something great once. So let's wait and find out if that's remembering to feed my dog or becoming a warlord.

I think the cost would be the billions. The more i think about it the more i realize that your right about having to pull in experts from all disciplines. From my limited understanding of simulations; you'd have to quantify everything or at least make a best guess and then figured out cause and effect for each component of the simulation and then chain the outcome to related entities.

it's the kind of thing you'd expect to be 20 years into the future

Well if you go full Warlord, I'll come visit your provincial palace while you sit on your throne made of the feet of trespassers.
I'll bring vidya

> Most intense RPG character creator ever

More likely that they used some sort of genetic pruning algorithm that runs separately that injects many personalities at random and finds common links between traits that created more favorable conditions.

Most often when you see beauty in technology, nature was the inspiration.

Exactly, it seems impossible for normal people, but if they had been at it for 40 years, who knows what they achieved. Especially considering the computing power we can get to now. Imagine a system designed from scratch for this sole purpose, created by a shit ton of well paid exports.

I claim Cascadia for Spain

NWF can suck my uncut Castilian dick desu senpai

I'm not into theatrics so much. You'd probably find me on a worn out office chair will rollie wheels.

Bring Tekken 2.
I will in turn give you a Falcon.

I've always believed that simulations like that would be used to rule the world, just not this fast. I wanted to be in on it

>has never actually read The Brigade

nah. is it any good? it does seem like the kind of fiction i'd like actually

Me too bro.

Been reading what I can find on it.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_simulation#Problems_of_simulation
>James F. Dunnigan, a prominent student of warfare and founder of the commercial tabletop wargames publisher Simulations Publications Incorporated (SPI, now defunct), was brought into the Pentagon's wargaming circle in 1980 to work with Rand and Science Applications Incorporated (SAI) on the development of a more realistic model.[42] The result, known as SAS (Strategic Analysis Simulation), is still being used.[43]

US Gov't is /tg/ as fuck

My friends and fellow Americans. Let us put aside our differences and unite to punish those who have caused the fall of our once great nation.

The Heretics of Hillary. We must find them and end them. No follower of Muhammed, the Shekel nor of Marx may be allowed to live. When our glorious crusade to reclaim our nation and our homeland of Europe is complete. We shall turn our gaze to the followers of the Shekel and punish them for their scheming and planning and subverting our nations, our peoples and our cultures! When the followers of the synagogue of satan have been wiped from the face of the earth. We will plunge deep into the deserts of Arabia and sack their holy cities and burn them. We will not rest until the blood of every follower of the false prophet runs the sands red! But brothers are great crusade is not over yet. We will march into the dark continent and kill every single savage who dares taste the flesh of humanity!

Only then will the world know peace. Only then will the world understand the might of our people!

And any traitors, racial, heretical and/or otherwise shall be actively purged and destroyed from our civilizations!

>worn out office chair will rollie wheels
like the brown leather kind or the shitty black "pleather" kind?
if the latter, im bringing you a better fucking chair, goddamn.

We're the northern league

Warlord or United rebellion?

Lol yeah lets all start claiming little chunks.That's how we'll defeat the big enemies. You fucker mentally defective of something? If the rebellion side is too cucked we'll change them from the inside.

>not even connecting oregon and Alaska
fucking ree

so you are fine with having niggers?
disgusting

I'll shoot for the nice brown I guess.

Nah m8 you misunderstand.
The rebellion is fighting all it wants, we wont stop them.
We're simply Warlords who are claiming our own chunks of the US. We'd help the rebellion when we want to, and run our personal kingdom when we dont.
What happens to us when the rebellion wins is a problem for another time

I took a few classes in AI, simulation, parallel computing in university but most of the topics were highly dated and/or nowhere near the scale of simulating a nation.

I've never really looked into military war-gaming or game theory in general but it's something i;ve always wanted to learn.

I think I will raid LA mostly, from time to time.

After the initial purge.

Same feelings here, which is why I find this thread so fascinating. Wish I could see one of these these threads with people involved in simulation live.

I wonder if /k/ has them sometimes.

tfw no roguelike wargame simulator

The Northern League begins occupation of Ohio and Kentucky

>tfw there have been tons of them, but the government always shuts them down for national security reasons

That they do. But some training in the swamp does not give you an edge to swamp lads who have hunted in it since 6 years old.

Dividing into nigger gangs and becoming a third world nation

Or

Contributing to a rebellion against a globalist cabal so that we can take over the (western) world for ourselves and establish a hegemony over the planet and the future of space colonization

warlords could probably keep their land so long as they contribute and follow most basic laws

ohio resists, yields kentucky, forms The Coalition of Great Lake States...claims Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ontario

If we're not the warlords, other men will arise as the warlords. It's best that we sculpt America as we see fit, then worry about the rest of the world.

Fine ya pushy shit, the warlords will abet the rebellion, but we get to keep our power as govenors of the new Super States in the new USA

You sound NCR/Ceaser AF RN

Separatist movement in the Northern league loses Maine and neighboring states, Northern League begins occupation of everything south of the Missouri river

there's prob enough anons that know game theory that you could pool together and come up with some basic requirements. Or get them to think about what questions you'd even need to start answering in order to plan a project of that size. You could also pool people from other boards in once you need to start classifying/quantifying everything.

That is all assuming you could get them together at the same time and keep them on track

I live in georgia but have kentucky roots. Would you do me the service of allowing me to join your great enclave?

Kwijin, a leader amongst the Northern League, emerges to unify the the purple area of the map under his power.

>YFW your whole universe is a simulation for Earth-1 US government to see how a population would react to a huge false flag terrorist attack.
>YFW 9/11 was that attack

You can join, but we cant reclaim Kentucky.
As consolation, you can lead raiding parties into Southern Florida and Cuba

Confederation of Great Lake States is proud to welcome Minnesota to the club. We are uneasy about the separatist movement and their continued expansion west.

The Northern league begins to attempt to regain its northern territory

In response, the newly named "Seps" send forces to intercept your forces

When no one's around you could run a simulation to see what would have happened if you told her how you felt.

The confederation of great lake states offers assistance to the Seps in return that they look the other way when we take Pennsylvania and New York. Cunningly, we also send an offer to the northern league offering assistance in exchange for territory in new york and pennsylvania.

If this post is even, then New Hampshire falls under the effective control of the NL, if odd it falls under Seps

Come get your Hookers and Blackjack boys!

The Seps agree to this plan under caution and with hope for future trade prospects.

oh shit....SEPS! you cannot let them isolate Massachusetts!

Purging niggers would be priority #1 in a complete societal collapse scenario.

Ohio stronk, Ohio rule all. Stand aside rectangles.

The Northern League declares war on the Great Lakes Coalition and occupies that part of Canada.

The Northern League has withdrawn from New Hampshire

Give me Wisconsin the UP and Detroit and chicago area, We Bullet Farm now boys

Is no one up for degeneracy? I'm selling alcohol and blowjobs by the pound.

The Northern League offers peace in that SEPS remains in control of all separatist territory, has full claim to all of Canada, and that SEPS will help the Northern League in its war with The Great Lakes Coalition

Use a current map you cunt

Agreed. The Coalition grants the Seps free passage via all great lakes and opens ports for trade. Commerce continues between Ontario and Quebec. Coalition forces move in to Pennsylvania and New York. Reserves are sent up the lakes to push in to New Hampshire and Vermont.

While I marked green on NH and VT, obviously under our agreement, any territorial gains made in Northern League held lands will be immediately turned over to the Seps, with the exception of NY and PA

Here you cunt.

Sep accepts the offer and immediately sends into forces the Canadian portion of the GLC

forgot to tag you^

Will the Seps send forces down to assist in the invasion of the coalition or are they going to work with the northern league, even after their previous betrayal?

fuck it, gimme the rest of Florida

The Seps will continue to work with the Northern League until all viable means of diplomacy are exhausted.

The Northern League begins repels the poorly supplied, thinly spread forces, annexes Southern Missouri, and begins occupying the southern parts of the Great Lakes Coalition

Really bro, we had an alliance first and now, at the prospect of more clay, you throw it all away...for shame

If odd, the CoGLS repels the Northern League invasion, takes NY and PA and is now still i guess at war with the Seps in Ontario....if even, i guess im kinda fucked.

aw fuck, im done for. CoGLS cedes power to the newly formed Northern League/Sep Alliance....feel free to up date the map