Who is the American athlete of the 21st century?

Who is the American athlete of the 21st century?

Jon Jones

Federer

Mayweather. Brady lost to Eli TWICE. And Lebron is 3-5 in the Finals

nobody cares about boxing

It will be Aaron Judge.

6'7" and 282lb of lean shredded muscle. Runs like a tight end. Can throw 100 mph. Hits to all fields. And hits a baseball over 500 feet like he's going out to lunch.

Yanks will be shore up their roster and by the time Judge is 33, he should have 5 rings and multiple MVPs.

>kids born in the 21st century will be entering the big leagues in the coming years

>Brady
>Not Peyton
Wew

>millions are about to pay $100 for a circus fight in a few weeks
>no one cares

Sure. It also doesn't refute my argument

probably brady

>plays a uniquely american sport, more so than even basketball
>plays, and has always played, for a classic american city in both political and sport history
>led the patriots from perpetual irrelevancy to five super bowls and the rest of the NFL's contempt
>has established himself as at least in the GOAT conversation
>all while being a fifth round pick nobody expected to even pan out

to be fair, lebron gets points for being the antithesis to that last point, a first overall pick who had ridiculous expectations to achieve. and he brought he title to his hometown (eventually). i'm still going with brady, though, looking at the entirety of their careers

not popular enough for the degree. i doubt most americans have seen two mayweather matches in their lifetime.

Clayton Kershaw

This is not up for debate

Olympic athletes appeal to the most people. So Phelps or Ledecky are probably the most popular since swimming has so many events.

Pulisic Jr.

Top dog: Tom Brady
Most famous: Lebron James
Biggest choker: Clayton Kershaw

this

Nobody cares about boxing. How does this not refute your claims?

Brady

OP asked for "21th century", so it's assumed we make the ranking when the century lasts, in 2100
>Tom Brady
the GOAT of a dead sport. Like do you remember who was the GOAT of tug of war (olympic sport from 1900 to 1920)? No? Me neither.
>Lebron James
will be surpassed by athletes even taller and stronger and more precise
>Clayton Kershaw
literally who now, won't even be remembered in 5 years

He hasn't been born yet.

Neither of the bums in the OP will have anything on the motherfuckers playing professional 8th-dimensional rocketball in 2097.

Justin Abdelkader

Dustin Brown

Only american ever to captain his team to 2 stanley cups

as an outsider Brady it's a better role model
>6th round pick, no one gave a shit about him beforehand, LeBron was a star since day one in the NBA
>better work ethic
>better winning drive, never gives up
>sacrifices himself for the team with paycuts to make the team more competitive, Lebron basically told Cleveland to fuck off since he couldn't win there

A big black guy born in 2054 who'll be a multi-sport talent. Imagine Bo Jackson on steroids.

Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.

People used to say that about Mantle, too. Let's hope Judge stays clear of the Mantle injury curse.

GIO Dos Santos or Chicharito when he plays there.

Rodney "The Sheriff" Bufford

>Top dog
>gets his woman stolen by Lebron
Doesn't sound like a top dog to me user, top dogs are usually too alpha for that

>le run around in a circle and hug your opponent man

Serena Williams

do top dog alphas get made fun of by their teammates and rivals for their tryhard loser behavior at a wedding they weren't invited to?

>do betas make jokes about Alpha Top Dog's behind their backs but not to the Alpha Top Dog's face?
yes

>American
>athlete

But he was on roids

The meme will never end

>plays a uniquely american sport
Literally Rugby with armour and some different rules. Even Baseball is more american than that, even tho it was created in England.
But I guess Basketball takes the cake for being the most american sport.

>rugby with armor
>rugby
>completely different pace and completely different positions rules ball and even fucking different field
>same as rugby
Brazil at its finest

If we're talking about the 21st century thus far and disregarding future hypotheticals, the answer is objectively LeBron.
>There are people ITT unironically naming baseball players
Lel

As a said both of sports have different rules but the premise is the same, take an egg and try to score in the other side of the field while a bunch of guys try to stop you. Handegg even derives from the creation of Rugby in England.
Unlike Basketball that is a complete original american sport.

*blocks your path*

In basketball it's either Kobe or Duncan.

joey chestnut

Ashton Eaton, decathlon.

Two time Olympic Gold medalist, multiple World Championships, broke and later broke his own world record.

Just as the reigning 100m world record holder is referred to as the fastest man on earth, the reigning decathlon world record holder is traditionally referred to as the world's greatest athlete.

The fact that Ashton Eaton never gets brought up in GOAT athlete conversations is a fucking embarrassment.

brendan schaub

This

It has got to be Tom "GOAT" Brady. He's the best player ever in a hundred year old game. And the fact he's likely to win atleast one more ring is just further proof he's the greatest ever.

Not a sport.

Not a sport.

>Taking credit away from American Indians to sell useless shit
This is considered feminism by Americans

Tiger Woods

I'd say if he wins another ring he's the GOAT player but I still think Phelps is the most dominant American in the 21st century just because of the prestige despite >sport.
Muricans here most definitely see him as the GOAT athlete because of all his medals.

Tom Brady. I say this as someone who loathes what NFL and NBA have become over the past decade. I haven't watched a full NFL game besides the Super Bowl since 2008. Even to me, it's clear that Tom Brady is the greatest athlete we've produced in ages just because of his winning qualities.

>Phelps is the most dominant American in the 21st century
I'm the most dominant faggot in my house, does that make me the greatest athlete in Brazil despite >sport?

you're from a shithole nobody cares what you think third worlder

Jim Thorpe did not die for this

>He thinks sports will still exist in 50 years
>He thinks race will still exist in 50 years

>le rugby with armour meme xD
if they were allowed to hit as hard in rugby as they are in football, most of them would be paralyzed

take the armor off and they wouldnt be hitting as hard
waste of quintz

You know that American Handegg was played with not armour back in the days, they puss out and then started to use protection, and only after that they started to hit harder.

Depends, how many Gold medals did you win for sucking cock?

Underrated.

>gold medal deep throating
>gold medal pole smoking
>gold medal cock gobbling
>gold medal chode yodeling
>gold medal knob bobbing
Catch the drift? It's all fucking swimming whether it's front stroke back stroke freestyle etc. It shouldn't be possible to win more than 1-2 medals per olympics in swimming.

Frogs shouldn't be allowed to comment on American sports.

>A dead sport
You wish. We're expanding.

You should be euthanized.

Should they do the same thing with track and cross country? It's all running after all.

>a classic american city in both political and sport history

Nobody cares about baseball enough for the GOAT to be a luckswinger.

don't be retarded lebron doesn't hold a candle to brady

probably Brady

LeBum is a drama queen and 3-5 in finals

>He's the best player ever in a hundred year old game.
Jim Brown

Eric Dampier or Kendrick Perkins desu. Both guys changed the game and are better than MJ.

Very underrated.

Exactly, jackass. One long distance run, one mid distance, one short.

If it doesn't have defense, it's not a sport.

Michael Phelps is pretty much the GOAT exerciser.

Tom Brady

Anyone saying otherwise is either butthurt or some form of subhuman (Spic, nigger, New Yorker, etc). Might I remind you that Lebitch openly supported Shillary and even went to one of her rallies.

Mike Trout is having a better year than judge and they are the same age. Trout was so much better that he had 2 MVPs and 3 2nd place finishes (should probably just have 5 mvps) at the same age Judge is gonna win ROY

Peyton

where? in hospitals? or in graveyards?