Can we fix Canada's flag?

Can we fix Canada's flag?
Your cousins gave the world Old Glory and the Stars & Bars.
There's got to be something better than pic related or LARPing as Britcucks.

The maple leaf has been part of our national heritage since before confederation.

The fucking leaf is not so much the issue in and of itself.

I've seen it described as "a design that looks like a bargain basement corporate logo designed by a Sheridan College design student" and I think that's fairly apt.

Fixed

British LARPing is almost just as bad.

>three leafs

lel

How about this?

Better, but it still doesn't grab me like other Anglo-American flags. Step it up, buds. I believe in you.

I made this a few years ago to satiate my autism. One colour for each of our most famous landscapes, an aboriginal circle thingy representing the 4 seasons and unity, plus the flag for each of the most important founding nations.

I've always thought that the HBC blanket would be a cool flag.

>inb4 LARP
This isn't 56%stan and Elizabeth is our Queen

>56%stan
Explain dis.

racist flag which represents native cultural genocide

Low quality bait

Lurk more.

These flags scream "We have no culture!"

Somebody rate these pls. I need feedback.

how is it bait, you stupid fuck?

Complaining about racism is always bait on Sup Forums. There was also that news story about those Proud Boys who got lambasted as racist for carrying one of those on Canada day. Probably where that user got the idea from in the first place.

are you actually mentally deficient?

did you fail out of grade 10 history class?

Can you tell me how I'm wrong before insulting me please? It's representative of Canada's status as a British colony. Calling the flag racist would be like calling LOTR bad fan-fiction because a hand full of people adapted it as such.

it's a hallmark representation of british colonization on the native population and the cultural genocide they committed on them through residential schools and forced conversion by missionaries

it's like pretending the confederate flag in the US is not racist when it represents the opposition to the abolishment of slavery

They're just afraid to accept that their culture is so close to ours. The people deny this by LARPing as Brits and the government denies this by forcing shit like A FUCKING LEAF, but it's there. Embrace your culture, why not position yourselves as the "better Americans" or something? I could see Canada pulling off a Dixie 2.0.

B-But I don't think the confederate flag is racist either. Though I do concede that that the argument for/against that one is much less definitive.

Just because certain acts were committed by people who used that flag doesn't mean that the flag itself is racist. I in no way support the forced conversion by missionaries and the cultural genocide of charter-schools, but we can't say that a friggin' coloured piece of cloth is the perpetuation of that. I don't see the Inukshuk as representative of the mass scalping and pillaging that the natives committed towards innocent fishing towns and voyageurs. It isn't anything like, for instance, the Swastika, which was representative of a clearly racially motivated ideology. The red man and the white man did equally terrible things to each-other over the span of history, but we've long since buried the hatchet. On a somewhat related not: are you native or no? Not really important but just kinda curious.

>why did they kill us when we invaded their country waaaaaaaah we're equally at fault because they wanted to defend their land after their people were being annihilated waaaaaaah

They didn't invade, bro. Things only turned violent once the French and English started sperging out towards each-other and begun hiring various tribes to fight on their side. IIRC, the first interaction between Europeans and the local Tribes was bartering for goods. Also, natives were the main source of beaver fur which was the only reason Euros gave a crap about Canada in the first place. Why would people start killing the guys that provide them with super valuable goods in exchange for trinkets? Heck, they didn't even invade land. They bought it from the tribes that occupied it. That's why tribes still get government money to this day, not for reparations, but because it was part of the contract to buy the territory. I definitely sympathize with the bad stuff that did happen to the natives, but I'm not gonna buy into any of this white guilt crap either.
>inb4 Sup Forums