...and Justice for All

What do you think of this Butt Rock album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-m92LuaM6II
youtube.com/watch?v=ASZz8353c4M
youtube.com/watch?v=lmFgeFh2nlw
youtube.com/watch?v=HSLJydRNgXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DNp2LJDUlX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

better than MOP, never understood why normies love that album so much

RTL > Justice > KEA > Demos > > > MOP

best metallica album.
underrated by the anons

I just wish Steve Thompson had his own personal master of this album and leaked it.

This.
The songwriting is fantastic and way above the standard for most metal. It's a shame it sound like complete ass (the lack of bass is not the only problem)

AJFA > Ride >KEA > Master > Black Album

I heard that they are remixing it. Any thruth to these Rumours?

if there was any album that ever needed to be remixed

There's an unofficial
youtube.com/watch?v=-m92LuaM6II

Yeah, for the album's 30th anniversary.

I know, I have the best fan remaster downloaded. Still doesn't fix the shitty drum sound and scooped guitars

i remember when Spiderland by Slint was remastered just to capitalise on it's internet popularity and sell a dumb boxset, it was so unnecessary to even try to improve that album

But only if there's access to the raw recordings otherwise it's no use. No use in turning up the bass guitar when there's not bass guitar in the source material to work with.

It's really fucking sad that this is the first album where I realized mastering mattered, as a junior high kid.
I was like holy shit what the fuck is wrong with One, these drums HURT my ears, at the beginning they just didn't know the fuck they were doing or where they belonged.

Lets not forget that Lars was actually quality in this album. I don't understand why he was so lazy in the albums after.

>they just didn't know the fuck they were doing
They knew exactly what they were doing. Lars had a sheet of EQ settings he brought to the studio to get that exact drum sound.

>Still doesn't fix the shitty drum sound and scooped guitars
If the 30 year version actually gets rid of that tinny sound, then that would be epic. Suppose we'll have to wait.

Lars is deaf confirmed

He actually literally almost is. He has severe hearing issues.

I don't get why Lars spent money on studio time and hiring professional producers/technicians when he wanted it to sound like it was recorded in a garage. Like, just record it in your garage if that's the sound you're going for.

And what makes it even more puzzling is that the year before they put out this thing:
youtube.com/watch?v=ASZz8353c4M
Recorded in Lars' garage and sounds so much better than Justice.

I'm gonna go to bat for the production, it's thin and trebly yeah, but that just helps give the album it's cold and brittle personality. It's shitty with a purpose.

WHERE TF IS THE BASS

this

An otherwise terrific album nearly ruined by mixing the bass clean off the recording. Prepare to have your mind blown when the remastering mixed the bass forward and it can be heard as intended.

All you fags saying this is their best album are objectively retards ranking a fundamentally defective product highest.

This.

Would be Metallica's best had it had better mixing and mastering

>I have the best fan remaster downloaded

I would really love to get this.
do you have a link... or even just the name of this particular remaster so I could download it?

One of my favorite albums. I even shelled out $100 for the 45RPM Box Set.

Were you born retarded... or did you have some kind of massive head trauma that caused you to be this retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=lmFgeFh2nlw

obligatory...

Here. The guy property EQ'd the scooped guitars to make room for the bass, and uploaded several versions with varying amouts of bass so you can decide the best one for yourself. There is a mega link in the description.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSLJydRNgXQ

this was the last decent album those asshats made.

This weaksauce shows me how badly you need to go back to troll school, desu.

Danke.

Were you even born when this came out, kid?

Still a great album.
Metallica went downhill after The Black album, although I hear the new one is actually pretty decent.

the songs drag on for too long

It's really, really good, but I wouldn't say their best. Definitely not one to shit on though.

Thrash isn't a bassy genre. I'll admit it's weird just how low it is in the mix on this album, but thrash is more about the mid-range.

>1983 - cucks Mustaine
>1988 - cucks Newsted
>1988 - cucks the mixing of their most elaborated album
>1991 - cucks hardcore metal fans
>worldwide rockstar
>surrounded by stacies
>1996 - cucks metal fans
>1997 - cucks metal fans, with a vengeance
>2001 - cucks napster
>2003 - cucks music
>35 years later still has no drum skills, still James is his bitch, still has the last word on band's decisions
Is Lars Ulrich the ultimate chad?

>...AJFA has shit bass and is tinny as fuck

You can fix that by plugging your earphones in, putting your PC mains sound on maxx valume while putting the itunes/media player/youtube sound bar fairly low. It gets rid of the tinny sound and enhances the bass, trust me

I have no idea if this is just the pseudo effect but it fucking works man. It's great holy shit

OP you retard, everyone know's Metallica didn't go Butt Rock until the Load-Era

>drummer in charge of the mix
>drummer in charge of getting a drum sound
>drummer in charge of anything

I noticed this a year ago. Main volute max while the sub-volume (youtube etc) fairly low, and you get it bass boosted in a clean way. Doesn't work the other way round though. As for AJFA, I've basically just tested it for the first time 15 minutes ago.

This. Even then, Load era is still better than most Butt Rock. At least it has some bluesy influences thrown in, with some slightly steampunk vibe lyrics thrown in

you're right

>implying EEEEEEEXIT LIGHT isn't butt rock

youtube.com/watch?v=DNp2LJDUlX0

Would be their best album if Lars didn't fuck up Jasons bass tracks

Not him, But Isn't Butt Rock supposed to be the more radio cock sucking Post-Grunge unoriginal sound that you'd hear from Creed/Alter Bridge, Nickelback, and Puddle of Mud? Basic lyrics etc

based.

My pal decided to call 100% of the shots and songwriting in a band he formed, and he fucked up too. He's a great drummer too. Better than Lars Ulrich, almost Mike Portnoy standard.

I just consider rock/metal songs that rednecks would listen to be butt rock and songs like Entar Sandman, Sad But True, Don't Tread on Me deinitely fit that. It's not a bad album.

What happened?

*it's not a bad album though.

It's overrated as fuck, I'll say that. 6/10 at best if I'm going to be honest. I reckon if they didn't fuck up on Justice production, and carried on expanding from there, I think they could have taken the Thrash/Speed vibe to a new level. Metal industry in general would probably different today if they did so.

>Metal industry in general would probably different today if they did so
It definitely would. I like the album but genre as a whole has suffered beyond description it's influence. I would argue that the Black Album together with Vulgar Display of Power single hadedly spawned groove metal, which inspiered all butt rock and nu metal to come.

Butt Rock is more your midwestern man who watches sports, WWE, UFC, and has a blue collar job in a factory. He's simple suburban, wife, kids etc. Probably liked Nu-Metal when it was around

I tend to think Black album shit kind of fits in with more of the Southern Redneck, Alex Jones tier narrative. Like Pantera, country, or some non southern music like QOTSA. This guy is a lot more rural, works outdoors, and probably has a literal red neck from sunburn thanks to his irish heritage

BLACKED in the aiiirr

Oh wee oh ohh
Oh wee oh ohh
Oh wee oh ohh
Oh wee oh ohh
Oh wee oh ohh
Oh wee oh ohh

HEAR
THEM
CALL
ING
ME

J.Hetfield is such a strong, yet clam, down to earth, and collected guy desu.