Thoughts on Led Zeppelin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best

I like them, but they're severely overrated.

Thieves

good

created heavy metal with this song
youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I ROCK AND ROLLED

They are definitely a good band if we go off their best songs. But, like a shit ton of bands and musicians from back in the day, their albums are very inconsistent, even the so called 5/5 or 10/10 ones. I think some of the backlash against some of the "greats" of the past, and even recent artists that are highly lauded, is that in any given album a lot of their admittedly great highs causes people to justify the lows which might be on the same album.

Best rock band ever.

idk, I used to think Queen was strictly a singles band until I listened to this. Easily better than any Zeppelin album.

Loop Zoop is my favorite band.

boring ass dad rock thank god for alt rock

They're good, but if anyone tells me that they're their favorite band, I know to drop them.

So what's their best album?

LZII not even hard

This new trend of Queen shills is worring

WANNA WHOLE LOTTA LOVE AAAAAAA

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY *12 minute guitar solo*
Truly the GOAT

Led Zeppelin I

Dazed and Confused, Good Times Bad Times, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, and How Many More Times are all top 10 LZ songs.

thanks, I'm gonna give those two a listen

I'd honestly take Queen over Led Zep any day.

In my opinion, Led Zeppelin IV, II and Physical Graffiti

frustrating because they only have 2 good songs er album

Your Time Is Gonna Come / Black Mountainside is a Top 10 Zeppelin song for me imo. Fuuuck there are so many good ones.

Well in that case, reddit is the perfect place for you.

Didn't even open the link, just reading that comment gave me the first bassline in my head. Pleasantly surprised when I opened it that it was the same

I still really don't hear metal in there. Sabbath created metal.

that's a cover

III, only correct answer.

III

Snap

I honestly don't understand this opinion at all and I've been seeing it here a lot the past few days.

Can someone explain why they think III > I, II, IV, & HotH? It's baffling to me

It's got one of every type of song Zeppelin nailed, and they're all good.

What, I'm not allowed to have fun listening to the gay man sing about fairies and ogres and shit?

This, the folky B-side really does it for me and it also has some of the best Zep hard rock tracks

"Hey, Hey, what can I do" should've been on it instead of "Hats off to Roy Harper"

T.13 year old faggot

The response to 70s rock was 80s hardcore punk and metal

Fucking kickass is what it is, favorite band

80s metal was directly made possible by Zeppelin.

A few years ago they got a lot of hate here for ''el dead rok!!!'' but they are just great, contrarians die

What does Sup Forums think of my new tattoo that I got only a week ago?

they gud

kinda sloppy but i like it

Note the DSOTM prism in his lamp :^)

KEK

More like, the four losers!

I'm a Beatle guy. Used to shit on Loop Zoop all the time, pretty much out of contrarianism, until I started dating a dadrock girl. She made me give them a chance and now 4 years later I enjoy them.

IV > Houses > I > the rest

Waste of quads

I think they're alright but very overrated. People say they are the pioneers for creating heavy metal and that's a big reason why they are considered the gods of rock but I would argue that Black Sabbath did it first.

Both did

Cream did it much better.

god their lyric-writing was terrible

This. I got all their popular stuff on kazaa back when and bought album after album only to find Blues padding everywhere.

listen to rain song u mongo

Down by the seaside is their best song.also a huge fan of how little Page gave a shit in live shows but was genius in the studio

>down by the seaside
>that middle section

of a completely different sounding song
they didn't write them for this song

They had two albums out before Sabbath's first. Tony Iommi said that "Pretty much all we did back then was follow Led Zeppelin."

That's because you're a homo.

A true studio musician through it all

>created heavy metal

>he got pussywhipped into liking overrated grandparock

This

>80s metal was directly made possible by Zeppelin.
That's like saying that Viktor Frankl's literary carreer was directly made possible by Wilhelm I being proclaimed Deutscher Kaiser.

I mean I think Zepp are boring but alt rock is probably the most generic and boring rock sub-genre.

great cover band stealing black mans music

IV, Houses or PG