What was the best King Gizzard album of 2017?

What was the best King Gizzard album of 2017?
>its Polygondwanaland

poly> murder > microtonal > gumbot> sketches

Maybe murder first idk. Need to listen again. Crumbling Castles too good tho

Poly>>Microtonal>Sketches>Murder>Gumboot

Imagine if they released one good album instead of five mediocre ones, like they did in 2016.

Why do people like Murder so much and rate Sketches below it I'm so mad why do I feel so alone

That's not fun though

poly > microtonal > sketches > gumboot > murder

sketches is good idc what you think

I feel like its because people dont like them venturing out too far and going for a completely different style of music.

Imagine if people who didn't even listened to all them carefully and thoroughly came up with another argument
I think both are very fun albums but very polarizing since they're each in one end of the Gizz spectrum. Also what makes them hard to rank is that Poly is so damn good and FMB became an instant classic somehow. Though i dont get how people rank Sketches as last.

POLY
GON
DWANA
LAND

also, Poly >> FMB = MOTU > Gumboot > Sketches

Gumboot is surprisingly strong imho

You'd have the same number of great songs but none of the good songs

I'm not 5 years old so none of them.

SoBE>FMB> MOTU>>>>>Poly>>>>>>Gumboot

Why do all these threads end up just being

A > B >> C >>D = E

without any actual discussion? this shit is why /mu is so dead

this so much

Murder > Poly > Microtonal > Sketches > Gumboot

the downward spiral

Poly>Gumboot>Micro>Murder>Sketches

FMB>Sketches>Gumboot>Poly>Murder

Patrician coming through, don't mind me

I personally find that Gumboot is much too underrated. It has a great opener and a good variety in styles, but still keeling it's theme.

While Polygondwanaland, being still my favourite could be one or two big songs in my opinion. There is nothing about the songs there that i find undividually appealing so i just personally always listen to the record from the beginning.

I think Micro has some good songs, but not as many as Poly and Gumboot

Murder is interesting, but it's not really my thing and so i haven't listened to it much

Same for Sketches

Refer to

MotU is the only genuinely shit album they've ever released. The rest ranges from okay (Sketches) to great (Nonagon, Poly).

You're not a wuss, are you, son?

Spending more time on an album doesn't magically make it better. They could have polished one of the 2017 albums a little bit more, sure, but it wouldn't have been a massive improvement.

RE: Poly, it's a bit like Murder of the Universe in that they broke single long songs into multiple tracks. The "song listing" is Crumbling Castle, Polygondwanaland I-II-III, Horology I-II-III, and Tetrachromacy I-II-III

What I love about their 2017 output is everyone is very sure that there's a great album and a terrible album but no one can decide which is which.

actually it's C > B > E = A > D , faggot