Sludge Metal Thread

I'm on a Sludge Metal kick so recommend me some gems that aren't the obvious entry level stuff like Neurosis or The Melvins

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpqLn0t1GBw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ok_GKP3B2eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

soy

Big Chief
Helmet
Hammerhead

boi xD

haha get it?

any more stuff like this?

bumping because i seriously need more sludge

Fister - bronsonic
Toadliquor - feel my hate the power is weight
Meth drinker - s/t
Leechmilk - the starvation of locusts

Buzzoven. Check out ...At a Loss.

First rule: avoid anything even related to "atmospheric sludge metal" for it's fucking trite shit most of the time.

whats your opinion on post-metal then? (its the genre of metal i know the least)

eyehategod

i want more sludge that doesn't sound like everything else. Really love the concept of sludge but scrolling through bands everything just sounds the same. have a super well polished sound that I'm not super fond of but they were still great. miss them

buster was definitely their best effort, i want more sludge metal that will tear the face off me

Boris-Amplifier Worship

Good mix of drone and bone crushing sludge

>recommend me some gems that AREN'T the obvious entry level stuff

post-metal is just another word for atmosludge

to be honest, ISIS and Neurosis are the only ones worth checking out. Neurosis' early albums are really good, not so fond of the direction they took in the 2000's but those albums get a lot of love too

ISIS however is the band every other atmosludge band copied, there's really no reason to check out any other band after this unless you really like the sound.

Not sure if sludge or doom, but check these guys out: youtube.com/watch?v=tpqLn0t1GBw

>ISIS and Neurosis only post-metal worth checking out
fuck noo

youtube.com/watch?v=Ok_GKP3B2eo

Stone titan - scratch n sniff
The body - i shall die here
Halo - body of light
Iron monkey - our problem
Noothgrush - failing early failing often

absolutely this
you are new so it is ok.
isis released one good EP, and 2/3s of a good LP. rest was watered down pseudo-intellectual tripe, trying to be something it isn't. literally every single project Aaron worked on outside of Isis was better after The Red Sea.
e.g. Old Man Gloom. oh, and Zozobra, 5ive, Cult of Luna too. hm.
Also, Isis were the band most people 'copied' as you put it, as almost every single group at the time worked with Aaron. he did a fine job of influencing a lot of people, but in no way was the genre influenced by Isis any more than it was Godflesh, Neurosis, Eyehategod, Crowbar, Fudgetunnel, Acid Bath, Craw, Noothgrush, etc.
you get my point.

these are all great reccs guys keep them coming

final bump

stoneburner - life drawing
bottom feeder - grinding teeth
drainland - and so our troubles began
fistula - idiopathic
grief - dismal
lumbar - first and last days of unwelcome
molehill - comfort measured in razor lines
sea of deprivation - catharsis in disharmony

that's industrial metal you dip