Americana came out almost 20 years ago

>Americana came out almost 20 years ago

I just got it on cassette. Far better than Ixnay.

wrong

Uh, I think I'd know what I bought.

shitty meme trakcs aside it's solid, production and the mix still sounds better than CO1 or that Bob Rock shitfest

it's literally 90% Ixnay B-sides m8

>meme tracks

The album has a ton of duds but The Kids Aren't Alright is still this band's crowning achievement.

(not true btw)

dude, I love this record, but pretty fly and WDYGAJ were the 90s equivalent of gangnam style and gucci gang

I'm glad I don't think of music in terms like that.

The Offspring songs are a lot more musical than the trash you mentioned

hardly an achievement, especially when it's copy-paste beatles rip-off

agree i hope they use those songs for the reboot of the sound of music

I didn't say it was an achievement, just that the comparison wasn't right at all.
nice dubs guys

>After touring in support of Ixnay on the Hombre, the Offspring began writing new material for their next album.

It's literally 0% Ixnay b-sides, m8

Holland attended Pacifica High School in Garden Grove, California, where he graduated as class valedictorian in 1984. During high school, Holland was the best student in mathematics in his year, and he found it "just as exciting as punk rock."[4] He then attended the University of Southern California, where he earned a B.S. degree in biology and an M.S. degree in molecular biology, and commenced a Ph.D. in molecular biology.[5] However, after the success of The Offspring, he suspended his candidature to focus on music. Holland had said in 1995 that, when he turns 40, he would rather be a professor at a university than play music.[4]

>PHD in microbiology
>pilot and flight trainer
>founded his own record label
>creatured his own hot sauce
>became famous and rich with his highschool band

unironically a role model

And still spikes his hair at 50.

if Bowie can do it, Dex can too. and don't forget the shades, I bet he showers in them.

Literally a pop punk masterpiece

Smash

my friend had this and i was super creeped out by the album cover

As a teenager, about as long ago, I bought both Americana and Aphex Twin's SAW II in the same transaction. The latter eventually became my favorite album. While I almost never re-visit the latter, I still have that CD copy, I I remember it as being an entertaining up-tempo rock album, with "why don't you get a job" clearly ripping off the Beatle's Ob La Di Ob La Da (I figured that one out for myself before other internet people did, I felt smart).

For uptempo 2000-ish rock, I much prefer Smash Mouth's Fu Shu Mang, a similarly fun and great album which doesn't get nearly as much recognition as it should, since they famously "sold out" and became a period-meme a year or two later. Along these same lines, I remember Sugar Ray's album containing the "fly" remix as being an extremely harsh affair (by my then-standards), with the pop-song tacked on oddly at the end. Bait-and-switch, almost, not really representative of the band's sound at the time.

Does Sup Forums have any other observations on ska/uptempo pop-rock of the era?

>just a sucker with no self esteem
>role model

Get out

Half of Splinter and like two songs from Days Go By exist.