Playboi Carti

Thoughts on playboi carti?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oCveByMXd_0
youtube.com/watch?v=SrGB6B9_i3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The album is my favorite from 2017. Completely worth the wait, Carti has an incredible ear for beats and the ones he chose for the album were all phenomenal. A lot of people trash Playboi Carti for being a bad rapper, but honestly I do not think I would enjoy the album nearly as much if Rocky or any other more lyrical rapper was on it. It would distract to much from the production, while Cartis flow is minimal and his input to the song does not distract from the production, but adds an interesting layer to it instead. I wish more of these new rappers would put in the effort to put out a polished and consistent album.

Great production and Carti knows how to MC but I doubt he'll do that much more with such a limited skill set. He's riding his cool guy image too much. Also, I've seen a bunch of live footage and he relies way too much on his back track, he's just saying "yah" half the time and letting it rap for him.

Yea hes definately not a rapper id ever see live, and he probably only has one or two years left, but i like the vibe he creates

Nope.

AOTY 2017 anyone who disagrees is a soyboy

It's a shame cause his songs could probably be hype if he put more effort into his performance. As much as I hate Xxxtentacion he at least knew how to work a crowd.

Certain concerts ive seen have been pretty lit like the london one, but then other ones just seem dead with wack crowds

the album is pretty gud, a few songs too long
>SHAWTY WANNA BALL WITH THE TEAM
thot breaker was trap aoty tho
ew

He is a star but lazy af

How come all the patricians got dubs?

hes so fucking lazy but has a great ear for production

>rap is music

>death grips is music

>tfw in New York
>Milly Rock

>tfw hid it in my sock

i still watch his xxl freshman freestyle occasionally for a laugh. good album

If you watch the music video to MAGNOLIA, Carti doesn't Milly Rock once...

nice

Another trash “trap” rapper. They’re all clones that clog up my hip-hop FM station.

The minimalistic flow Carti posseses is perfectly suited for the beats. It's incredibly elastic and morphic and almost sounds like accumilating water in the cloud rap beats. Now the beats are fucking incredible. It manifests that old awful records/ethereal beats and makes them club bangers while simultaneously retaining the drug coma aesthetic, making the listener almost drift away into the haze of the beats. I honestly believe this will be the mainstream rap manifesto simalarly to how A$AP Rocky's first mixtape was.

He does youtube.com/watch?v=oCveByMXd_0 2:24 for one second

I grew out of trapshit, but this album is nice

Feeling like carti’s next album is going to be the last hurrah for mumble rap

I Wanna Fuck his Negresses.
They Need the BWC they crave.

POPPIN TAGS
YSL

bit of a one trick pony but catchy

suprisingly yes you neckbeard elitist

Incredible song, even though Gunna is mediocre. Would have fit right in on the album.

I listen to the version without Gunna, nigga sounds like he's about to have a stroke.

I NEW YORK I MILLY ROCK

Peaked in 2015/late 2014.
His music now is shit-tier in comparison.

carti > kendrick
carti > kanye
carti
carti
carti
carti

Lol listen to all the pretentious praise for this guy in this thread. Cartis trash and the beats aren't even that good besides like one if I remember correctly

t. soyboy

why do all snippetfags say that his old stuff is better when s/t mixtape is literally peak carti?

Playboi Carti and Mexikodro getting into beef is pretty unfortunate. Brokeboi is Carti's best song by far, and Mexikodro produces the exact kind of beats that Carti can flourish on.

He keeps delivering guys, niggas on a fucking Project Pat beat even tho he seems more lazy now
youtube.com/watch?v=SrGB6B9_i3Q

>implying YUNGXANHOE isn't an incredible track
no carti is good now go away

it's the same fags who insist Travis Scott's best project is 'Days Before Rodeo'