Is being left handed/left footed the ultimate advantage in sports?

is being left handed/left footed the ultimate advantage in sports?

unless you play tennis or baseball nod really

quite useful in combat sports, not many are used to spar with a lefty

what about football? lefties make about 10% of population, but you need left footed players to work on the left side of the pitch

it's the ultimate advantage in life

I'm a decent youth soccer coach and I will say that left footed players are more likely to be able to use both feet at an earlier age. Which is an advantage.

Most drills and ball mastery (foot) skills are designed for or shown by a right footed player. So the left footed players naturally are using their non-dominant foot more often.

My own kid is left footed and could use both feet equally WAY earlier than her team mates.

being left handed was always a huge disadvantage this is why there are so few of them nowadays, left handed people were exposing the left side where the heart is everytime they stroke with their weapon, making them more likely to suffer a deadly blow, making them less likely to survive and to breed.

when are we going to see you in the premier league

>but you need left footed players to work on the left side of the pitch
Or you can just use cut-inside wingers.

It is in sports were players are directly playing against each others (tennis, table tennis, combat sports, fencing... especially fencing, 50% of foil elite fencers are left handed).

It's irrevelant in sports where players don't directly play against each others (typically races).

It has been recently found that it could be an advantage in track cycling, though.

It's better in football cuz some people arent accustomed to rob the ball off a lefty

left footed player is pretty useful for crosses on the left side you know. He runs pacyly and cross with his good feet
Also in your set up the left footed winger plays on the right

Who's the most successful left foot footballer ???

there's no accepted consensus as to why there are so few lefties, and i'm pretty sure that one is considered nonsense these days

Except messi

Maradona

Some of the best and most skilled both historically and currently are left-footed.

Isn't being a southpaw pitcher best because you'll always throw inside to right handed bats, and being a left handed batter better because you'll always bring a new reliever and also you are closer to the first base?

AFAIK the heart is actually at the middle of the chest, but slightly bigger on the left, so this wouldn't make that much difference

>AFAIK
It varies.

from French wikipedia (you don't have it in English you pleb)
"Left-handed sports
More rarely the left-hander has an advantage of adaptation: in dueling situations, he is necessarily accustomed to right-wing opponents, and he is par with a possible, and rare, left-handed opponent; On the contrary the right-handers are less used to facing left-handers. Thus, a right-handed boxer will be disconcerted by the "inverted" guard of a left-hander, whereas the reverse does not exist in the "opposing" sports (fencing, boxing, judo, tennis, table tennis ...) Will not be true.
In the elite of certain sports, there is an over-representation: 15% left-handers among tennis players, 23% in boxing and badminton, 32% in table tennis, and even up to 50% foil6. It is easy to see from the lists of champions in these sports that left-handers are represented in a much greater proportion than in the rest of the population. Note that in tennis, the left-handed are favored by the regulation: at the beginning of each game, the server begins by serving from right to left. Thus, the majority of important points (balls of game, set and match) are served from left to right and offers a better angle of attack to the lefties.
Some left-handers can also use their right hand for the sport, because of the people who force the left-handers to hold their rackets or balloon right. This gives half-right-handers half-left."

In cricket it can be a big advantage because batsmen are less used to playing against left handed bowling. However, a lot of batters that are right handed bat with a left-hand stance, as a right hand stance causes the left eye to be the main one, and vice versa

It depends. Being left-handed is actually a detriment (albeit a minor one) for playing quarterback. Throwing a football left handed causes it to spiral in the opposite direction, which tends to be at least awkward for his receivers. Blocking assignments also essentially get mirrored, as the QB's blind side is now the right side of the OL instead of the left.

LCIM

it makes james harden harder to defend which helps him draw more fouls

Why are there so many left handed players in hockey ?

This is the general scientific consensus, beyond dispute, and widely considered settled fact.

I'm a gay youth soccer coach and I will say that loose assed players are more likely to be able to take both dicks at an older age. Which is an advantage.

Most gangbangs and balls mastery (gooch) skills are designed for or shown by a heterosexual player. So the gay players naturally are using their non-dominant hand more often to crank off dicks.

My own (transgender) kid is left footed and could suck two dicks equally WAY earlier than xis team mates.

Nice redditspacing.
>look at me, I like soccer and I'm gay XDDDDD because soccer is gay, get it? XDDDDD

A lot of right-handed players switch their grips because goalies are more accustomed to right-handed shooters.

This and the natural right-handed grip is actually called "left" (because one shoots the puck from the left side of his body) and vice-versa, so it might confuse people.

it's good for individual sports because the opponent is used to right handed/footed people

in team sports I can only see it in football, since you actually need some left footed players on the team, so by being left footed you have more chances to be in a team, they are overrepresented in this sport

I didn't know that. Thanks. Are there any famous naturally right-handed players who switched at the beginning of their careers ?

Can't think of any right off my head, so I'll just say BULJU :DDD

>gay youth soccer
So just youth soccer then

>left-handed
>right-footed